Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show 22:58 - Oct 22 with 5138 viewsEdmundo

Corruption, pure and simple.
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/10/16/government-procurement-anti-corruption-strate

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:35 - Oct 23 with 808 viewsHalf_Idiot

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:30 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Those quality known sources didn’t have any to sell at the time ...

Then how the f**k does a rat poison company have the product? They didn't! The PPE was to be made to order. Surely you'd go to a company with reputable history of making PPE to make the PPE? I'm not going to go to my butchers for a wedding suit am I?
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 791 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:22 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

I can see you won’t accept the glaring problem with your argument.

The desperation was cover to bung money and contracts to friends, donors and the opportunists their ideology demands. Same happened with the ventilator fiasco involving Dyson and JCB, same with giving the Track and Trace contract to Serco with their business model being long-term engagements rather than quick, accurate executions, same as putting Dido Harding in charge of anything to do with the NHS and her husband as the Anti-Corruption czar.

It’s criminal or perhaps would be if the UK wasn’t so corrupt anyway. It’s certainly morally and logically indefensible when it’s resulted in deaths and a draining of public funds.

They were so desperate for PPE that Hancock openly asked suppliers to name their price and promised to pay.

They created the problem when PHE, as a cost cutting measure, drastically cut the number of suppliers. They cut the number of suppliers, in many cases, to just one

It really is time for those responsible to admit their failings.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:42 - Oct 23 with 786 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:35 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

If what you have described there is true then it is major criminal behaviour. I look forward to seeing it proven in courts of law

Eh? All this is in the public domain and been discussed for months. You just haven’t been looking. And yes, there are legal cases being made but I doubt that will lead anywhere substantial.

This government is so brazen and ideologically blinkered in the stuff they already talk about that they won’t consider it an embarrassment to be shown up for putting power and wealth over the needs of the population. They’ll wear it as a badge of honour just like Brexit - and the same fools like you will line up to wave the Union Jack and applaud them.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 9:44]

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:46 - Oct 23 with 770 viewsjeera

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:20 - Oct 23 by Clapham_Junction

The mad rush is not the problem. The fact that many contracts were given to companies that were donors to the party or had other links to them is.

One firm in particular just happened to be only set up a fortnight before it was awarded a contract.

Like the NHS buyer who set up a company who he then proceeded to recommend.

Corrupt as hell, the lot of them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:50 - Oct 23 with 743 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:42 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Eh? All this is in the public domain and been discussed for months. You just haven’t been looking. And yes, there are legal cases being made but I doubt that will lead anywhere substantial.

This government is so brazen and ideologically blinkered in the stuff they already talk about that they won’t consider it an embarrassment to be shown up for putting power and wealth over the needs of the population. They’ll wear it as a badge of honour just like Brexit - and the same fools like you will line up to wave the Union Jack and applaud them.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 9:44]

As I said, if it’s that blatantly criminal then I am sure that the legal system will take its course

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:51 - Oct 23 with 746 viewslongtimefan

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:00 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Yes, but suppliers are the ones who do this sourcing every day. Whether they’re resellers, distributors or even make their own they are experts who understand how to source this stuff - and crucially to the right standard.

By your logic, I should have got the Track and Trace contract. Because I could have produced an app that didn’t work in far less time than Serco and my turnaround would have been days.

Serco had no involvement in the NHS Covid App.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:54 - Oct 23 with 740 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:50 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

As I said, if it’s that blatantly criminal then I am sure that the legal system will take its course

As I said, criminality is difficult to prove. Especially in a legal system that tends to back up governments, the powerful and the wealthy more than it exposes them and holds them to account.

Morally and ,most importantly, logically it’s indefensible. And you haven’t been able to answer any of that.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:55 - Oct 23 with 735 viewsjeera

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:35 - Oct 23 by Half_Idiot

Then how the f**k does a rat poison company have the product? They didn't! The PPE was to be made to order. Surely you'd go to a company with reputable history of making PPE to make the PPE? I'm not going to go to my butchers for a wedding suit am I?

Even so, the problem still lies with those over-seeing the operation.

The much anticipated plane load from Turkey that kept being delayed finally showed up with a load of worthless crap.

Where were the samples? Where was quality control?

You wouldn't buy a truck of cabbages without at least sampling several first. You don't just give someone millions of pounds and take their word for it.

Again, another 20 million on faulty tests from China... the list is insane.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:56 - Oct 23 with 734 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:05 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

If they skirted round a few procurement rules to get this stuff quicker then that’s fine by me and would have been fine by everyone at the time ...

It’s not the skirting around the usual process that’s the problem - I think everyone recognised that was necessary under the circumstances. In fact I think most people would accept the odd bad contract under those circumstances if the government was transparent and able to provide rational justification as to why that decision was taken

However, when numerous large contracts have been handed outside of normal processes to companies which are on the face of it completely unsuitable, who have directors that have close links with the party and have then completely failed to deliver, then people have justifiable reasons to be angry

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:57 - Oct 23 with 729 viewsMeadowlark

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:50 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 726 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:51 - Oct 23 by longtimefan

Serco had no involvement in the NHS Covid App.

That’s fair. I was getting carried away. Serco is more about the overall process and the app shenanigans was indeed not theirs.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:59 - Oct 23 with 724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:20 - Oct 23 by Clapham_Junction

The mad rush is not the problem. The fact that many contracts were given to companies that were donors to the party or had other links to them is.

More the combination of those links and the suitability of the company IMOf you need something done quickly in a crisis then only natural you would turn to people you can trust so links are inevitable - however when those people are a million miles from what you need and inevitably fail that’s the issue
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 10:01]

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:00 - Oct 23 with 718 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:35 - Oct 23 by Half_Idiot

Depends on what you want to wear

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:02 - Oct 23 with 707 viewslongtimefan

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:55 - Oct 23 by jeera

Even so, the problem still lies with those over-seeing the operation.

The much anticipated plane load from Turkey that kept being delayed finally showed up with a load of worthless crap.

Where were the samples? Where was quality control?

You wouldn't buy a truck of cabbages without at least sampling several first. You don't just give someone millions of pounds and take their word for it.

Again, another 20 million on faulty tests from China... the list is insane.

No excuses for the corrupt politicians but I’m left thinking the Civil Service doesn’t come out of this and other the mis-management disasters particularly well.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 10:03]
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:06 - Oct 23 with 688 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

There will never be an honest politician, not matter who is running the country.

Biggest bunch of bandits.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 677 viewseastangliaisblue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:57 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

I love it how anyone who doesn’t follow the group on here is automatically a ‘troll’.
Shutting down all conversation with dissenters to the group think ... how very liberal of you ...

Once again you are defending the indefensible. Everyone else can see the issues here. Why can't you?
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:15 - Oct 23 with 671 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:06 - Oct 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

There will never be an honest politician, not matter who is running the country.

Probably right. And due in no small part to a media that doesn’t do its moral job but instead does rather a lot to bolster and protect these types of politicians and the establishment it is part of. As well as acting as a bouncer, gatekeeper and attack dog when more principled, anti-establishment politicians threaten this cosy arrangement.

Public life in the UK needs a complete overhaul or at least far, stricter standards of conduct. But that’s sewn up and shut down by a self-interested, incestuous establishment. I see that getting far worse outside the EU and its protections and regulations - and we’ll see incidents like the PPE scandal more and more.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:24 - Oct 23 with 659 viewseireblue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:03 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Developing an app is a bit different to be fair ... at the time they just needed something, anything, to provide some protection. Now things have settled down I completely agree that contracts should be placed through proper means with established vendors

An app is something that proves the point and demonstrate your lack of logic and tory-apologist-think.

You just need app developers to make an app. The due diligence would be a simple questions, do you have app developers and have you developed an app before Y/N.

To supply PPE, the questions would be, have you manufactured PPE before, have you supplied PPE before. Y/N

In the second case the government handed millions to people that they knew could only answer N.

You seem to think that is okay.

Newcy is not sure if you are stupid or not, I have a clearer view on that.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 10:52]
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:29 - Oct 23 with 647 viewshype313

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:46 - Oct 23 by jeera

One firm in particular just happened to be only set up a fortnight before it was awarded a contract.

Like the NHS buyer who set up a company who he then proceeded to recommend.

Corrupt as hell, the lot of them.

Bit like Seabourne Freight, which has been forgotten, much to Graylings delight.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 629 viewsBlueNomad

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:57 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

I love it how anyone who doesn’t follow the group on here is automatically a ‘troll’.
Shutting down all conversation with dissenters to the group think ... how very liberal of you ...

I suggested you were trolling - not that you are a troll. It is not a failure on your part to not agree with the "group" just that your argument in this case lacks evidence or reason. You are trying to defend the indefensible and must be aware that is the case.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 628 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:24 - Oct 23 by eireblue

An app is something that proves the point and demonstrate your lack of logic and tory-apologist-think.

You just need app developers to make an app. The due diligence would be a simple questions, do you have app developers and have you developed an app before Y/N.

To supply PPE, the questions would be, have you manufactured PPE before, have you supplied PPE before. Y/N

In the second case the government handed millions to people that they knew could only answer N.

You seem to think that is okay.

Newcy is not sure if you are stupid or not, I have a clearer view on that.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 10:52]

To supply PPE you don’t need to be a producer would be sufficient to be a supplier with established dealings with a suitable manufacturer, regardless of the Country they are in.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 607 viewseireblue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:50 - Oct 23 by Pinewoodblue

To supply PPE you don’t need to be a producer would be sufficient to be a supplier with established dealings with a suitable manufacturer, regardless of the Country they are in.

Agreed, that’s the pure genius of the second part of that sentence, have you supplied PPE before.

I say genius. Of course that is not using the traditional IQ or EQ, those measurements aren’t sensitive enough to capture the very small quantities and variations between the current Tory “leadership”, slavish followers, and apologists. Especially with respect to the latter measure.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 609 viewsDyland

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:50 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

People at the time: ‘the lack of PPE is scandalous. We must get PPE to protect our health care heroes as quickly as possible whatever the cost’
Government gets PPE
People now: ‘but you shouldn’t have bought it from them and it shouldn’t have cost that much’

You're defending the indefensible.

Loads of Tories should be, and are, up in arms at the blatant cronyism.

When "developing countries" do this we call it corruption.

The firm/s who got contract/s to supply PPE also had no big stocks of PPE, so stop running the fallacious argument that the existing suppliers didn't have any and couldn't get adequate supplies quickly enough. It is nonsense.

Maybe it just doesn't bother you? Be corrupt if one must, but please don't be dishonest. It is enervating and offensive.

This government are shameful. It is nothing to do with left/right/centrist/whatever. They are inept and deceitful, and brazen in their arrogance. It borders on the psychopathic. If they were competent autocrats at least there would be one positive.

As a little game, can we name a single politician who is not a "Covid winner" economically? I use this term as someone who has at least maintained their earnings and/or commercial interests. We can apply to all parties but I'm especially interested in the people who are meant to be governing in the public's interests.

You see where I'm going...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 561 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:50 - Oct 23 by BlueNomad

I suggested you were trolling - not that you are a troll. It is not a failure on your part to not agree with the "group" just that your argument in this case lacks evidence or reason. You are trying to defend the indefensible and must be aware that is the case.

I do apologise, I didn’t realise there was a difference between ‘trolling’ and ‘being a troll’

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 545 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 10:06 - Oct 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Confirmation, in other words, that thatcher and Churchill were dishonest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024