Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team 08:41 - Oct 23 with 753 viewsitfcjoe

.....may need a bit of help from PJH and the other 'more experienced' posters.....!

------------------------------------Paul Cooper-------------------------
George Burley----Luke Chambers----Doug Rees---Mick Mills
----------John Wark---Tommy Parker---Bill Baxter--------------
John Elsworthy-------------------------------------Jimmy Leadbetter
---------------------------Mick Stockwell-----------------------------

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-top-10-apperance-makers-1-6895709
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 8:41]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:17 - Oct 23 with 680 viewsKeno

If you did it as a 'squad' of the top 15 you could Crawford up front

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 665 viewsPJH

I think that the formation that you have got them in is just about the best you can get apart from I think that I would have Tommy Parker more advanced and John Elsworthy central midfield.

Warky and/or Billy Baxter could be in central defence but that is already covered.

Mick Mills could play in MF but then no natural LB.

Micky Stockwell is the most logical upfront from those eleven.
Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:55 - Oct 23 with 628 viewslongtimefan

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:28 - Oct 23 by PJH

I think that the formation that you have got them in is just about the best you can get apart from I think that I would have Tommy Parker more advanced and John Elsworthy central midfield.

Warky and/or Billy Baxter could be in central defence but that is already covered.

“Micky Stockwell is the most logical upfront from those eleven.”

True, but probably on a par with playing Alan Judge in that position
Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 621 viewsgainsboroughblue

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:55 - Oct 23 by longtimefan

Stockwell was a real surprise package up front. Not even sure what led him to be played up there. I'm guessing injuries but he sure made a good job of it. I especially remember a brace at Filbert Street with fondness.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 10:13 - Oct 23 with 591 viewsitfcjoe

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:28 - Oct 23 by PJH

You could drop one of those back into defence and play a 343 with Parker and Leadbetter supporting Stockwell? But yep - strikers are a problem!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 10:14 - Oct 23 with 591 viewsParisBlue

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:17 - Oct 23 by Keno

If you did it as a 'squad' of the top 15 you could Crawford up front

In which case you could have Naylor or Yallop instead of Chambers...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 584 viewslongtimefan

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:58 - Oct 23 by gainsboroughblue

Stockwell was a real surprise package up front. Not even sure what led him to be played up there. I'm guessing injuries but he sure made a good job of it. I especially remember a brace at Filbert Street with fondness.

30 years ago, almost to the day!
Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 10:21 - Oct 23 with 579 viewsPJH

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 10:13 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

You could drop one of those back into defence and play a 343 with Parker and Leadbetter supporting Stockwell? But yep - strikers are a problem!

A 343 would work because Burley and Mills were both good going forwards so could play as wing backs.

In that case I would drop Baxter back into defence and play Warky in midfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 12:01 - Oct 23 with 516 viewsTrequartista

Difficult to make a team from nearly all defensive players but Mick Mcgiven would have loved it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 12:16 - Oct 23 with 502 viewsBluefish

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 09:55 - Oct 23 by longtimefan

Micky Stockwell has a superb turn of pace though

Edit i put has instead of had but I reckon he could still beat judgey over 5 yards
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 12:16]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 12:29 - Oct 23 with 486 viewslongtimefan

Trying to configure Ipswich's top 11 league appearance makers into a team on 12:16 - Oct 23 by Bluefish

Micky Stockwell has a superb turn of pace though

Edit i put has instead of had but I reckon he could still beat judgey over 5 yards
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 12:16]

You haven’t seen Mick recently have you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024