Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bouncebackability 11:59 - Oct 23 with 856 viewsTrequartista

This is what has got to change this season. Last season after 11 defeats only once did we win the next game.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 11:59]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bouncebackability on 12:06 - Oct 23 with 825 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely. need to show we're made of sterner stuff - you can see us literally deflating at times form the body language on display. Everyone has a crap game or three. Doesn't really matter over the course of the season as long as you know why it happened, put any problems right and have confidence in what you are trying to do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bouncebackability on 12:11 - Oct 23 with 812 viewsclive_baker

Bouncebackability on 12:06 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely. need to show we're made of sterner stuff - you can see us literally deflating at times form the body language on display. Everyone has a crap game or three. Doesn't really matter over the course of the season as long as you know why it happened, put any problems right and have confidence in what you are trying to do.

We were beaten by a better side, but we contributed to our downfall by making 2 or 3 glaring individual errors. As you say it's about how we respond, and we're more than capable of winning tomorrow. Lincoln are decent but I think Doncaster are better, and we should have more of the ball tomorrow. I would've taken 3 points from these 2 games, and certainly would've taken 6 wins and a draw from the opening 8, so tomorrow is a great opportunity to draw a line under it and go again rather than exacerbate it.

I would make a few changes to freshen it up, what with Sat / Tues / Sat / Tues. Ward and Hawkins if fit should return, and I would bring Teddy and Woofy back in now too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bouncebackability on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 775 viewsChrisd

Most definitely. Also, getting that win against a decent opponent would give the squad and us as fans a much needed boost.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bouncebackability on 13:14 - Oct 23 with 734 viewsquirkie

Can't see it myself, be the same as last season, an easy win for Lincoln.

Saying that up to the end of November we have 4 on paper winnable home games and 2 difficult away games, Lincoln and Sunderland.

12 pts from the next 18 would be a good return but unless we can start beating the better teams in this division we will still be here in 12 months time.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Bouncebackability on 13:22 - Oct 23 with 715 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bouncebackability on 12:48 - Oct 23 by Chrisd

Most definitely. Also, getting that win against a decent opponent would give the squad and us as fans a much needed boost.

Feels ridiculous to say it this early in the season but Saturday really does feel pivotal

Win and Doncaster looks like a blip and momentum and confidence restored. Lose and it’s pretty easy to see that good start unravelling and confidence being shot

F*ck knows what a draw means, probably depends on the nature of it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bouncebackability on 13:25 - Oct 23 with 707 viewsBiGDonnie

Bouncebackability on 13:22 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Feels ridiculous to say it this early in the season but Saturday really does feel pivotal

Win and Doncaster looks like a blip and momentum and confidence restored. Lose and it’s pretty easy to see that good start unravelling and confidence being shot

It means both sides will get a point each after scoring the same amount of goals.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bouncebackability on 13:26 - Oct 23 with 703 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bouncebackability on 13:22 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given what happened last season, I think that's a personable reasonable response. We'll always be nervous that this could be the start of another slide. I'd give it a couple more games rather than just the one, but yeah we need a response sooner rather than later (within the next 2-3 games).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bouncebackability on 13:27 - Oct 23 with 694 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bouncebackability on 13:25 - Oct 23 by BiGDonnie

It means both sides will get a point each after scoring the same amount of goals.

LOL, have an uppie

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Bouncebackability on 14:05 - Oct 23 with 676 viewsBiGDonnie

Bouncebackability on 13:27 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL, have an uppie

Haha, cheers. Couldn't resist.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bouncebackability on 15:14 - Oct 23 with 635 viewspatrickswell

We saw a great reaction after the below par performance at MK Dons, so fingers crossed.
Bouncebackability on 18:58 - Oct 24 with 428 viewsquirkie

So no different from last season as I expected, not as bad as 3-0 I thought but same outcome.

Still at least as the orange gimp keeps saying, 4 more years.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Bouncebackability on 19:36 - Oct 24 with 383 viewsTrequartista

Bouncebackability on 18:58 - Oct 24 by quirkie

So no different from last season as I expected, not as bad as 3-0 I thought but same outcome.

Still at least as the orange gimp keeps saying, 4 more years.

It is different to last season. We've hit the buffers about five matches earlier.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024