Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow 13:03 - Oct 23 with 1488 viewsHullblue

I'd be very happy to be told I've missed something here, because ultimately I want to see us play tomorrow, but at the moment I'm wondering whether the club has thought deeply enough about this.

There doesn't seem to be a sniff of doubt that tomorrow's game is going ahead, and I don't understand how that can be the case.

Here are the facts:

- Eight Accrington players have just tested positive for corona

- One of our players tested positive the day before we played Accrington

- The rest of our team tested negative on Monday, but we know from this case in Italy (thanks to WeWereZombies for finding it) that this doesn't necessarily mean they didn't have it, or catch it, at the time of the Accrington game:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomogalardini/2020/09/28/whats-next-for-serie-a-

If we've tested our players again since then I'm not worried - but I can't see any indication that we have. Phil, can you shed any light?

From what I've read the EFL doesn't require us to test our players again, but I would say we have a moral obligation to. If not, we could be responsible for lots more cases.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:05 - Oct 23 with 1461 viewsJ2BLUE

I assume we have. It would be a bit odd to go from "we have a duty of care to Doncaster" to not bothering for Lincoln.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1454 viewspointofblue

Deleted - incorrect information, seemingly!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 13:10]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 1458 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:08 - Oct 23 with 1439 viewsPhilTWTD

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:05 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

I assume we have. It would be a bit odd to go from "we have a duty of care to Doncaster" to not bothering for Lincoln.

I don't think we have. Prior to Monday I know they hadn't been tested for some while. EFL clubs aren't required to test their players regularly.
Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:09 - Oct 23 with 1422 viewsuefacup81

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:06 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Surely if he had any actual information he'd be a bit less vague?

Usual "sling enough sh*t" approach from Nixon, it would appear.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:12 - Oct 23 with 1400 viewspointofblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:08 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

I don't think we have. Prior to Monday I know they hadn't been tested for some while. EFL clubs aren't required to test their players regularly.

Surely the players and staff should be tested again due to our proximity to the Accrington players and staff last Saturday? Same with Fleetwood as they played them in midweek.

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 1362 viewsHullblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:08 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

That's really concerning to me. I would hope the club's doctors know more about the incubation period and potential for false negatives than me, but for them to have not said anything about it seems bizarre - especially since the Accrington news has been out since yesterday. Any chance of asking the club the question, Phil?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 1364 viewsSitfcB

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:09 - Oct 23 by uefacup81

Surely if he had any actual information he'd be a bit less vague?

Usual "sling enough sh*t" approach from Nixon, it would appear.

To get clicks innit

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:23 - Oct 23 with 1355 viewsJ2BLUE

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:21 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

To get clicks innit

Every time he tweets where it mentions us or mentions something that could be us it gets posted here.

His tactics work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:39 - Oct 23 with 1324 viewsSitfcB

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:23 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

Every time he tweets where it mentions us or mentions something that could be us it gets posted here.

His tactics work.

Not really because the actual story never ends up being linked, just the tweets. Twitter clicks mean nothing.

COYB

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 15:33 - Oct 23 with 1218 viewsPhilTWTD

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:21 - Oct 23 by Hullblue

That's really concerning to me. I would hope the club's doctors know more about the incubation period and potential for false negatives than me, but for them to have not said anything about it seems bizarre - especially since the Accrington news has been out since yesterday. Any chance of asking the club the question, Phil?

I've asked and was told they've not been required to take another test. I presume the medics will be in charge of how the situation is being addressed.
Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 15:36 - Oct 23 with 1212 viewsSomethingBlue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 13:23 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

His tactics work.

He works for a newspaper and he earns his living through people reading those stories via that paper's site. No harm in trailing this stuff on Twitter (and no reason to think he's made it all up re one earlier poster!). He has a living to make.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 16:32 - Oct 23 with 1133 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Swindon is the team by the way.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 16:48 - Oct 23 with 1108 viewsPinewoodblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 15:33 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

I've asked and was told they've not been required to take another test. I presume the medics will be in charge of how the situation is being addressed.

Not sure they were required to take the last one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 1067 viewspointofblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 15:33 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Not being blunt but surely it’s a possibility that the players are infected after playing Accrington last week? The Monday test may have happened too soon.

So let’s look at this:
Accrington players may have infected players at us and Fleetwood
We faced Doncaster in midweek and Lincoln tomorrow so could pass it on those clubs
Fleetwood are at Gillingham, so even if we did not pick it up off Accrington we may do from the Gillingham players instead on Tuesday
Doncaster are at home to Crewe tomorrow then Plymouth on Tuesday. Lincoln are at Crewe next weekend.
Swindon are at Oxford tomorrow; in midweek they faced Northampton and last Saturday they played Sunderland
Sunderland were at home to Crewe on Tuesday and play Portsmouth tomorrow. Portsmouth themselves play Northampton on Tuesday, the Cobblers having faced Charlton on Saturday

So, starting from Accrington, we could have players at Ipswich, Fleetwood, Doncaster, Gillingham, Crewe (already had an outbreak) and Plymouth in the short term with viruses. From Swindon’s outbreak there could be an impact on Oxford (if it goes ahead), Northampton, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton. That’s just over half of the clubs in the division linked and possibly spreading the virus. (ETA - overlooked Lincoln!)

Testing at EFL level needs to become mandatory. If it’s not then the season may not finish and, more importantly, the health of the players and staff is being put at greater and greater risk.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 19:06]

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 18:30 - Oct 23 with 1001 viewsHullblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 17:38 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

Not being blunt but surely it’s a possibility that the players are infected after playing Accrington last week? The Monday test may have happened too soon.

So let’s look at this:
We faced Doncaster in midweek and Lincoln tomorrow so could pass it on those clubs
Fleetwood are at Gillingham, so even if we did not pick it up off Accrington we may do from the Gillingham players instead on Tuesday
Doncaster are at home to Crewe tomorrow then Plymouth on Tuesday. Lincoln are at Crewe next weekend.
Swindon are at Oxford tomorrow; in midweek they faced Northampton and last Saturday they played Sunderland
Sunderland were at home to Crewe on Tuesday and play Portsmouth tomorrow. Portsmouth themselves play Northampton on Tuesday, the Cobblers having faced Charlton on Saturday

So, starting from Accrington, we could have players at Ipswich, Fleetwood, Doncaster, Gillingham, Crewe (already had an outbreak) and Plymouth in the short term with viruses. From Swindon’s outbreak there could be an impact on Oxford (if it goes ahead), Northampton, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton. That’s just over half of the clubs in the division linked and possibly spreading the virus. (ETA - overlooked Lincoln!)

Testing at EFL level needs to become mandatory. If it’s not then the season may not finish and, more importantly, the health of the players and staff is being put at greater and greater risk.

Players, staff and everyone they could be infecting too. That’s got to amount to a serious number of people.

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 09:33 - Oct 24 with 709 viewshoppy

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 17:38 - Oct 23 by pointofblue

So let’s look at this:

Geographically, that reaches a very large area of the country too, potentially spreading it further.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 10:18 - Oct 24 with 667 viewsBluesquid

So let’s look at this:

Perhaps EFL doctors don't see the tests as being accurate or reliable enough?

Both Raab and Johnson have stated that the tests have an over 90% false positive rate but lets just say that they are both well out with their statements and we go with The Times instead which reported a 30% false positive rate, that is still a huge percentage of false positives.

There is no guarantee that the tests are even suitable let alone accurate or reliable enough.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 10:34]
Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 10:21 - Oct 24 with 660 viewspointofblue

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 09:33 - Oct 24 by hoppy

Geographically, that reaches a very large area of the country too, potentially spreading it further.

Unless loved ones of players and staff isolate too but their children, for example, still have to go to school and partners may still need to work. The lack of mandatory testing at EFL level is just going to spread it further and wider - and they’re worried about the fans?

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 10:22 - Oct 24 with 661 viewsDyland

Gaps in the EFL's corona protocols - concern about tomorrow on 15:36 - Oct 23 by SomethingBlue

He works for a newspaper and he earns his living through people reading those stories via that paper's site. No harm in trailing this stuff on Twitter (and no reason to think he's made it all up re one earlier poster!). He has a living to make.

Hi Alan

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024