Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... 15:05 - Oct 23 with 1460 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Didn’t PL say recently like he felt certain people wanted the team to fail? Can see where he’s coming from in fairness considering we’ve lost one league game in 7 and the local press are asking fans / players if they fear another “collapse”

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:14 - Oct 23 with 1394 viewsLankHenners

If you're a player at the club and saw headlines like that you probably would feel a bit aggrieved that this is the tone after only 1 defeat but Lambert built this rod for his own back by being so awful last season.

You can say that this sort of thing is put out a bit cynically to encourage discussion and clicks for the EADT but they know what the public mood is, and that is that there will be a fairly large chunk of people concerned that Lambert has cocked up again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:30 - Oct 23 with 1336 viewsGhostOfBenters

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:14 - Oct 23 by LankHenners

If you're a player at the club and saw headlines like that you probably would feel a bit aggrieved that this is the tone after only 1 defeat but Lambert built this rod for his own back by being so awful last season.

You can say that this sort of thing is put out a bit cynically to encourage discussion and clicks for the EADT but they know what the public mood is, and that is that there will be a fairly large chunk of people concerned that Lambert has cocked up again.

Equally it might give the player's a kick up the arris to not let it happen again.
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:37 - Oct 23 with 1316 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The fingers/hands to ears celebration is a joke around the fact games are being played in empty stadiums. Genuinely amazing that some people still don’t realise this

As for the wider point, I don’t see what our current record has to do with what some people are fearing could happen in the future. We’d lost 0 in 7 at the start of last year after all, and that quickly unravelled when we finally lost a game

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:41 - Oct 23 with 1308 viewsPhilTWTD

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:37 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The fingers/hands to ears celebration is a joke around the fact games are being played in empty stadiums. Genuinely amazing that some people still don’t realise this

As for the wider point, I don’t see what our current record has to do with what some people are fearing could happen in the future. We’d lost 0 in 7 at the start of last year after all, and that quickly unravelled when we finally lost a game

For the record, Chambo confirmed that it was a reference to no one being in the grounds this morning.
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:46 - Oct 23 with 1271 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:41 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

For the record, Chambo confirmed that it was a reference to no one being in the grounds this morning.

Ta

Great journalism as always

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:56 - Oct 23 with 1252 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:41 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Fair enough although in fairness, a club captain is never going to come out and say “yeah it’s because people calling us rubbish on twitter and we’re fed up of it” is he? I’m sure players always have inside jokes about celebrations and tell the media something else! Mick’s “celebration” at Carrow road comes to mind....
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:03 - Oct 23 with 1231 viewsBlueBadger

It's because, after a fight-free relegation and utter failure last season, he has absolutely no credit left.

We fear another collapse and that he'll cock it up because he's spent all of his ITFC career failing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:04 - Oct 23 with 1223 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:56 - Oct 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Fair enough although in fairness, a club captain is never going to come out and say “yeah it’s because people calling us rubbish on twitter and we’re fed up of it” is he? I’m sure players always have inside jokes about celebrations and tell the media something else! Mick’s “celebration” at Carrow road comes to mind....

There are players doing it at pretty much every club up and down the land
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 16:04]

Login to get fewer ads

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:07 - Oct 23 with 1207 viewsclive_baker

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:30 - Oct 23 by GhostOfBenters

Equally it might give the player's a kick up the arris to not let it happen again.

Welcome back Dolly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:20 - Oct 23 with 1167 viewsPhilTWTD

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:46 - Oct 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ta

Great journalism as always

Cheers, think it was Brenner who actually asked about that. What LC said was: “It’s not ideal playing in an empty stadium, is it?” he said [when asked what the celebration was all about].

“It’s so bizarre and I don’t see why we’re playing without fans when last season was ended due to not having fans present. I’d like people to be there and cheering when I volley one in from 20 yards.”

Chambers: Too Many Players Weren't at the Level We Set 23rd Oct 2020 11:44
Skipper Luke Chambers is looking for Town to recover from their midweek defeat at Doncaster when they travel to second-placed Lincoln tomorrow. 0

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:37 - Oct 23 with 1116 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:20 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Cheers, think it was Brenner who actually asked about that. What LC said was: “It’s not ideal playing in an empty stadium, is it?” he said [when asked what the celebration was all about].

“It’s so bizarre and I don’t see why we’re playing without fans when last season was ended due to not having fans present. I’d like people to be there and cheering when I volley one in from 20 yards.”

Chambers: Too Many Players Weren't at the Level We Set 23rd Oct 2020 11:44
Skipper Luke Chambers is looking for Town to recover from their midweek defeat at Doncaster when they travel to second-placed Lincoln tomorrow. 0

“I’d like people to be there and cheering when I volley one in from 20 yards”

Haha, lad

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:38 - Oct 23 with 1107 viewsGhostOfBenters

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:07 - Oct 23 by clive_baker

Welcome back Dolly.

I'm not Dolly.
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:40 - Oct 23 with 1108 viewsSitfcB

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 15:56 - Oct 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Give it a rest.

Mick was bloody right with that celebration anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:45 - Oct 23 with 1077 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:03 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

It's because, after a fight-free relegation and utter failure last season, he has absolutely no credit left.

We fear another collapse and that he'll cock it up because he's spent all of his ITFC career failing.

Tell us how you really feel.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:53 - Oct 23 with 1068 viewsIllinoisblue

An entirely fair question to ask of a squad that’s shown no fight for about the last three years

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:58 - Oct 23 with 1060 viewsMullet

He would say that though wouldn't he? Clearly it's a vitriolic dig at the softcocks who think the world revolves around them and their egos.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 1028 viewslongtimefan

How did he know then no one was going to be in the grounds this morning?
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 17:20 - Oct 23 with 1024 viewspointofblue

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:53 - Oct 23 by Illinoisblue

An entirely fair question to ask of a squad that’s shown no fight for about the last three years

And the fact that the first time we’ve gone behind in the league this season resulted in a collapse.

(We hardly showed up against Fulham either but they are a team two divisions above us and we played a scratch side)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Codswallop. (n/t) on 17:22 - Oct 23 with 1019 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:16 - Oct 23 with 870 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 16:40 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Give it a rest.

Mick was bloody right with that celebration anyway.

Mick was 100% right.

But in all seriousness, not just in this scenario, but do you believe everything players say in the press? E.g. When a player comes out saying they ignore transfer speculation or when a player two foots someone and tells the media they only had eyes for the ball etc? Was more just making a point to say that we’re all grown up enough to realise that players don’t alway tell the truth in interviews! (Sorry Phil)
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:18 - Oct 23 with 867 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:16 - Oct 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Mick was 100% right.

But in all seriousness, not just in this scenario, but do you believe everything players say in the press? E.g. When a player comes out saying they ignore transfer speculation or when a player two foots someone and tells the media they only had eyes for the ball etc? Was more just making a point to say that we’re all grown up enough to realise that players don’t alway tell the truth in interviews! (Sorry Phil)

Waghorn has literally just done the same in tonight's game. Has Chambers recruited him to make some inaginary point in front of the sky cameras? Sneaky Chambers.
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:40 - Oct 23 with 819 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:18 - Oct 23 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Waghorn has literally just done the same in tonight's game. Has Chambers recruited him to make some inaginary point in front of the sky cameras? Sneaky Chambers.

Good one. Although you seem to have missed the “not just in this scenario” point of what I was trying to say!
Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 21:43 - Oct 23 with 745 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tweets like this only fuel the ‘fingers in ears’ celebration.... on 20:40 - Oct 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Good one. Although you seem to have missed the “not just in this scenario” point of what I was trying to say!

Yes, but saying ‘not just in this scenario’ gives the impression that you still think it’s the case in this scenario, despite it being a joke being performed by players at clubs up and down the land...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024