Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 18:14 - Oct 24 with 1353 viewsMullet

Anyone else paid for it? Wood is in a fast paced scrap right now.

Hoping for fight of the year from the headliner tonight. No pressure on Khabib and Gaethje!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:20 - Oct 24 with 1344 viewsJDB23

Gaethje always delivers but hard to see how he deals with Khabib's smothering dominance. I think the co-main will steal the show of this one!
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 1331 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:20 - Oct 24 by JDB23

Gaethje always delivers but hard to see how he deals with Khabib's smothering dominance. I think the co-main will steal the show of this one!

Good chance it will! A lot of people sleeping on that fight.

I think Khabib will take it in the 4th and it may well be one hell of a scrap. Gaethje is the only guy apart from Tony who gives Khabib something to think about at all three ranges. If he gets to set his rhythm he wins, I can't wait.

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:39 - Oct 24 with 1316 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve not paid for it but I’m watching.

Thought the 10/11 about Whittaker to beat Cannonier was brilliant value so I’ve had some of that. Only bet on the card for me.

I think Gaethje is the worst opponent stylistically for Khabib that he’s faced. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if he beat him. I like Gaethje too so I’ll be cheering him on.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:44 - Oct 24 with 1310 viewsBiGDonnie

So pumped for it.

Gaethje tko , who ya got?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:48 - Oct 24 with 1303 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:44 - Oct 24 by BiGDonnie

So pumped for it.

Gaethje tko , who ya got?

Khabib. I don't think Gaethje will last the distance, and I think eventually the grind and ground and pound of Khabib opens up a submission in the scramble.

Undercard has been exciting so far too. Great guilliotine, fast paced scrap and now a dirty KO brawl.

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:15 - Oct 24 with 1281 viewsVeronaBlue

Gaethje was so impressive against Ferguson but can't see him letting his hands go like he did in that fight. Would like to see Gaethje win but see it going a similar way to Khabib/Poirier.
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:18 - Oct 24 with 1272 viewsVeronaBlue

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 18:39 - Oct 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve not paid for it but I’m watching.

Thought the 10/11 about Whittaker to beat Cannonier was brilliant value so I’ve had some of that. Only bet on the card for me.

I think Gaethje is the worst opponent stylistically for Khabib that he’s faced. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if he beat him. I like Gaethje too so I’ll be cheering him on.

I've done Whittaker in a double with Harris for some fun, pays 4.5/1
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:19 - Oct 24 with 1270 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:15 - Oct 24 by VeronaBlue

Gaethje was so impressive against Ferguson but can't see him letting his hands go like he did in that fight. Would like to see Gaethje win but see it going a similar way to Khabib/Poirier.

It will be interesting to see how well Khabib keeps his chin down, it's perhaps his one fundamental flaw and he's yet to be punished for it despite all the casuals insisting McGregor would do it.

The fight now starting could be fun too. These boys look like they want to take an axe to each other.

Login to get fewer ads

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:28 - Oct 24 with 1257 viewsVeronaBlue

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:19 - Oct 24 by Mullet

It will be interesting to see how well Khabib keeps his chin down, it's perhaps his one fundamental flaw and he's yet to be punished for it despite all the casuals insisting McGregor would do it.

The fight now starting could be fun too. These boys look like they want to take an axe to each other.

Yeah he's not fought anyone with the calibre of striking Gaethje has. (Bar McGregor who wasn't the McGregor who iced Alvarez). I think he's there to be hit but in all fairness he does appear pretty tough.

Did you see the ending to the fight the first time fought? No doubt this time.
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:37 - Oct 24 with 1249 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:28 - Oct 24 by VeronaBlue

Yeah he's not fought anyone with the calibre of striking Gaethje has. (Bar McGregor who wasn't the McGregor who iced Alvarez). I think he's there to be hit but in all fairness he does appear pretty tough.

Did you see the ending to the fight the first time fought? No doubt this time.

I picked Cuteleba and knew it was a mistake. He was sloppy af there and got taken apart. That butterfly hook was doing nothing once he took another shot. Very nasty knock out!

I never watch cards live apart from tonight, I just watch them when they go up early next morning and pick my fights, so only saw replays of that fight.

Khabib is incredibly durable, people forget he spars the big boys at AKA and all respect him. If Gaethje throws nothing but kill shots he will likely leave himself open too. I wonder if he can pick them and maintain cutting off the octagon?

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 20:04 - Oct 24 with 1239 viewsTIB

Some great fights tonight!!! Do think this is Khabib’s biggest test so far and I’ll be backing Gaethje to utilise his hands and intensity...and his wrestling pedigree to make that O go!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 20:07 - Oct 24 with 1229 viewsThe_Realist_09

Huge fight tonight.

Make sure you tune in on Nov 7 to watch Felixstowe lad and town fan Arnold Allen fight Jeremy Stephens!
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 20:09 - Oct 24 with 1224 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 20:07 - Oct 24 by The_Realist_09

Huge fight tonight.

Make sure you tune in on Nov 7 to watch Felixstowe lad and town fan Arnold Allen fight Jeremy Stephens!

Yes. That is a mega fight and I've been boring all the lads at the gym with how good he is!

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 20:51 - Oct 24 with 1201 viewsVeronaBlue

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 19:37 - Oct 24 by Mullet

I picked Cuteleba and knew it was a mistake. He was sloppy af there and got taken apart. That butterfly hook was doing nothing once he took another shot. Very nasty knock out!

I never watch cards live apart from tonight, I just watch them when they go up early next morning and pick my fights, so only saw replays of that fight.

Khabib is incredibly durable, people forget he spars the big boys at AKA and all respect him. If Gaethje throws nothing but kill shots he will likely leave himself open too. I wonder if he can pick them and maintain cutting off the octagon?

I wonder if that’s what he will try and do though? For obvious reasons no ones ever really brawled with Khabib, so maybe it might be the best tactic in a way?

Gaethje has that wrestling pedigree but soon as it’s on the floor it’s just ground and pound from Khabib from then on for me.
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 21:22 - Oct 24 with 1176 viewsMullet

Great fight for the co-main there. Cannonier is tough as nails to not give up there. Whittaker would ahve got the head and arm if they weren't against the fence.

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 22:02 - Oct 24 with 1160 viewsVeronaBlue

Wow that was impressive, pressure was unreal!
Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 1147 viewsTIB

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 22:02 - Oct 24 by VeronaBlue

The GOAT.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 1142 viewsMullet

Brit now fighting on UFC 254 on 22:02 - Oct 24 by VeronaBlue

The armbar at the end of the first was there, Gaethje did well to defend. However the win was from such good fundamentals. His pressure, his ringcraft, setting up the shot.

He did the usual tie up with the legs triangled in mount, transitioned to S mount perfecly. To then bait that nearside armbar and switch to a triangle is something you do in training. The way he just slipped an underhook under the leg to unbalance Gaethje and tighten the choke is beautiful fundamentals.

The speech at the end was chilling too. What an absolute class act he is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024