Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The great Maggi Hambling 09:41 - Oct 25 with 921 viewsnshearman1

Fine film last night on BBC2 about the great Suffolk gal Maggi Hambling. Cheered me up (a bit).
The great Maggi Hambling on 10:10 - Oct 25 with 890 viewsb1079blue

My feelings towards "art" are probably similar to Morisseys feelings on tractor pulling. However she is from Suffolk and thats a good thing.
The great Maggi Hambling on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 857 viewsbrogansnose

Really enjoyed that, very informative and a damn fine artist too.
The great Maggi Hambling on 11:00 - Oct 25 with 838 viewsfactual_blue

Yet to watch it. The gammons of Aldeburgh of course famously vandalised the beach sculpture.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The great Maggi Hambling on 11:54 - Oct 25 with 810 viewssolemio

Whenever we have been to Snape Maltings gallery we have seen her work, but it has always been the sea paintings. She has been so much more versatile than we realised.

Despite the opposition of Aldeburgh residents (a few vocal idiots) we have always loved the scallop shell on the beach. As this is a memorial to Benjamin Britten it was good that some of his 'Sea Pictures' was used as background music for the prog.
The great Maggi Hambling on 14:26 - Oct 25 with 772 viewsBlueBadger

The great Maggi Hambling on 11:00 - Oct 25 by factual_blue

Yet to watch it. The gammons of Aldeburgh of course famously vandalised the beach sculpture.

I enjoyed it when they claimed it was ruining the view whilst also ignoring the honking great big nuclear power station that you can see from pretty much anywhere on the sea front.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The great Maggi Hambling on 19:16 - Oct 25 with 703 viewsb1079blue

The great Maggi Hambling on 14:26 - Oct 25 by BlueBadger

I enjoyed it when they claimed it was ruining the view whilst also ignoring the honking great big nuclear power station that you can see from pretty much anywhere on the sea front.

Im never quite sure if the wrecked tractor by the fishing boats is a an installation commenting on the state of the British fishing industry and mans misuse of the environment or a wrecked tractor. Perhaps I should put a price tag of 200k on it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024