Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The more I think about Lamberts comments 07:19 - Oct 26 with 1859 viewsAlexwaddell

The more I think he has a major optical problem
He appears to watch Town's games thru rose coloured testicles

Isnt spell checker wonderful

Poll: What was today?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 07:44 - Oct 26 with 1796 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hopefully what he says to the press is not what he says to the players.

Tries to spin things in interviews, been doing it for a long time so doesn’t really phase me.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:23 - Oct 26 with 1736 viewstractorboy1978

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 07:44 - Oct 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hopefully what he says to the press is not what he says to the players.

Tries to spin things in interviews, been doing it for a long time so doesn’t really phase me.

It definitely isn't what he says to the players. I think there is a difference between not publicly criticising and going overboard re how well we played though.
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:23 - Oct 26 with 1732 viewsgordon

He's just trying to convince Evans that this situation is different to last years collapse. He can't be more than 2 or 3 bad results away from the sack now.
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:43 - Oct 26 with 1701 viewsairliner

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:23 - Oct 26 by gordon

He's just trying to convince Evans that this situation is different to last years collapse. He can't be more than 2 or 3 bad results away from the sack now.

He’s not going to be sacked,lost2 games and you want him sacked and we are 4th?
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:52 - Oct 26 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:43 - Oct 26 by airliner

I’m not panicking yet but the league position at this early stage isn’t really a factor. Of your engines fail in a plane at 32,000 feet over the Atlantic Ocean you wouldn’t have one pilot saying don’t panic we are still really high. Don’t panic we’re still at 28,000 feet. Etc. If people see the same as last year it’s going to worry them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:57 - Oct 26 with 1662 viewsgordon

I meant if he loses the next 2 or 3 he'll definitely be close to the sack/sacked.

From my perspective, yes of course I want him sacked, he is an appalling manager who isn't going to get us promoted, and not getting promotion this season will be disastrous for the club, so absolutely the sooner he's sacked the better.
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:59 - Oct 26 with 1658 viewsgordon

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:52 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

I’m not panicking yet but the league position at this early stage isn’t really a factor. Of your engines fail in a plane at 32,000 feet over the Atlantic Ocean you wouldn’t have one pilot saying don’t panic we are still really high. Don’t panic we’re still at 28,000 feet. Etc. If people see the same as last year it’s going to worry them.

'Look, we're flying along brilliant, really high, absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't be more happy for the crew. They've been excellent, I couldn't fault them.'
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:01 - Oct 26 with 1653 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:23 - Oct 26 by tractorboy1978

It definitely isn't what he says to the players. I think there is a difference between not publicly criticising and going overboard re how well we played though.

Possibly, something he doesn't seem to have mastered.

I always got the impression he was going over board on how 'well we were playing' to kid on the fans aren't watching the games, and possibly Evans and co.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:05 - Oct 26 with 1634 viewsPendejo

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:59 - Oct 26 by gordon

'Look, we're flying along brilliant, really high, absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't be more happy for the crew. They've been excellent, I couldn't fault them.'

Sorry was that quote PRP or Trumpywumpy?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:10 - Oct 26 with 1628 viewsDubtractor

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 08:59 - Oct 26 by gordon

His constant overstating of good things has always annoyed me more than it should, and I generally tune out manager speak.

Over the last year it has annoyed even more when contrasted with how bad we have mostly been.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:10 - Oct 26 with 1630 viewsgordon

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:05 - Oct 26 by Pendejo

Sorry was that quote PRP or Trumpywumpy?

'I've flown some big jets in my time. Really big jets. I know what it's like to land a jumbo at Dortmund with a thousand passengers on board.'
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:18 - Oct 26 with 1610 viewsairliner

Aircraft are made to fly on one engine for quite a long time , so an engine failing would not be a problem .
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:22 - Oct 26 with 1592 viewsgordon

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:18 - Oct 26 by airliner

Aircraft are made to fly on one engine for quite a long time , so an engine failing would not be a problem .

What about if one of the wings fell off?
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:25 - Oct 26 with 1587 viewsWD19

Nothing has changed. He wants to escape via a payoff and he won’t rest until he achieves his aim.
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 10:01 - Oct 26 with 1544 viewsBlueBadger

It's not just those two games though is it? It's the utter failure of the past two years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 10:46 - Oct 26 with 1482 viewsHeadWestBlue

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:22 - Oct 26 by gordon

What about if one of the wings fell off?

Nae problem! Nae one has had to leave my Jet by parachute. We are brilliant - slowly going down the league but wait for the adrenaline rush when we go into free fall - really brilliant really.
The more I think about Lamberts comments on 11:29 - Oct 26 with 1435 viewsLankHenners

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:10 - Oct 26 by Dubtractor

His constant overstating of good things has always annoyed me more than it should, and I generally tune out manager speak.

Over the last year it has annoyed even more when contrasted with how bad we have mostly been.

Yeah, same. You expect all managers to talk like that to the press but the concern with Lambert is that he either genuinely believes it or is making himself believe it because he can't get it right on the pitch.

Mick was similarly protective of his players, and himself, but became too bullish and created a divide between himself and the fans. Lambert doesn't 'have a go' quite as much but his excuses seem more pathetic given the performances are complete crap rather than just turgid and boring. His 'the negativity is incredible' line is an annoying one - if I was a gambling man I'd place a large bet on him saying something along those lines if we win tomorrow.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 11:39 - Oct 26 with 1421 viewsEl_Fenix

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 11:29 - Oct 26 by LankHenners

Yeah, same. You expect all managers to talk like that to the press but the concern with Lambert is that he either genuinely believes it or is making himself believe it because he can't get it right on the pitch.

Mick was similarly protective of his players, and himself, but became too bullish and created a divide between himself and the fans. Lambert doesn't 'have a go' quite as much but his excuses seem more pathetic given the performances are complete crap rather than just turgid and boring. His 'the negativity is incredible' line is an annoying one - if I was a gambling man I'd place a large bet on him saying something along those lines if we win tomorrow.

My assessment is that they are not complete crap, but just turgid and boring.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 12:18 - Oct 26 with 1399 viewsJ2BLUE

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 09:18 - Oct 26 by airliner

I knew that, which is why I said engines. Plural.

Autocorrected If to Of which made it a it unclear.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 12:21 - Oct 26 with 1389 viewsKeno

Surely Lamburk would make that quote "Of your engines fail in a plane at 32,000 feet over the Atlantic Ocean you wouldn’t have one pilot saying don’t panic we are still really high. Don’t panic we’re still at 28,000 feet. I've flown for the Luftwaffe dont you know"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 12:51 - Oct 26 with 1359 viewsBluefish

He views it in the way most norwich legends probably view our defeats

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The more I think about Lamberts comments on 14:28 - Oct 26 with 1258 viewsistanblue

His comments are all PR I'm afraid - like pretty much everything that comes out of the club. I personally don't believe for a second PL actually thinks we're ''incredible''. Those comments are aimed at Evans (to try and keep his job), the players (to try and keep their confidence high) and fans (to try and assuage fears of another midseason meltdown). Also, Lambert dug himself a hole with his pre-Lincoln comments by saying there would ''definitely be a reaction'' after Doncaster. There wasn't. Thus he had to spin it to say there was, otherwise he would be admitting that he was wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024