Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many games are we giving Lambert? 08:44 - Oct 26 with 7974 viewsSitfcB

The next 3? Need 6 points minimum.

If we get 0-3 points then he’s gottae go.

We then have two and a half weeks until our next League game so would be a good opportunity to change.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:46 - Oct 26 with 3213 viewsSomethingBlue

If those two defeats lead to a significant drop in form then he shouldn't survive it but as long as we are in the top six he stays, for me, especially considering the injuries.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:46 - Oct 26 with 3213 viewshype313

I was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt after the first 5 games, but it looks like it's reverting to type and history repeating.

Evans can't let it slip for too long if results don't go our way, so the next 3 games are going to have quite a lot riding on them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:46 - Oct 26 with 3195 viewsOldsmoker

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:49 - Oct 26 with 3187 viewsMullet

I’d have sacked him after relegation, but was happy to give him last season to prove me wrong and show that although he had an easier chance of survival he wasn’t so far below what we used to have that he couldn’t win the league at a canter.

Now it’s even easier after so much damage to squads from corona it’s not worth persisting with him. We should be winning easily, or winning when playing badly 95% of the time looking at how others have fared this summer.

It seems clear even if he sneaks up we are back to being bottom of the Championship fodder without massive change of investment and ideas. The future for ITFC is very bleak without finding another top quality manager who can unite the players and give us something to be proud of again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:49 - Oct 26 with 3181 viewsJ2BLUE

Sitters you’ve been about long enough to know he’s not going anywhere any time soon. For the last couple of managers we had people posting that’s it he’s done for ages before they were sacked. Take whatever point you think he’s done and remember Evans will need it to be much, much worse to even consider sacking him.

He has 4 years left on his deal. We have no idea what mid season break clauses are in it. If we are about to repeat last season it’s going to be an agonising wait until Evans sees reality or cares enough to do something about it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:53 - Oct 26 with 3155 viewstractorboy1978

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:49 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

Sitters you’ve been about long enough to know he’s not going anywhere any time soon. For the last couple of managers we had people posting that’s it he’s done for ages before they were sacked. Take whatever point you think he’s done and remember Evans will need it to be much, much worse to even consider sacking him.

He has 4 years left on his deal. We have no idea what mid season break clauses are in it. If we are about to repeat last season it’s going to be an agonising wait until Evans sees reality or cares enough to do something about it.

Unless there is a clause in it that he can be sacked with a heavily reduced pay off if we drop outside the top 6 at any point then I fear he is here for the season.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:55 - Oct 26 with 3147 viewsgordon

Not sure about that, it's pretty much inevitable that we're going to have fallen away to mid-table by December and I can't see why Evans would persevere with him beyond January knowing that the team will inevitably be much weaker after next summer.

Excepting, of course, that Evans is obviously useless at judging managers so would hire someone rubbish as a replacement.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:56 - Oct 26 with 3142 viewsGuthrum

After what happened last season, Lambert is on trial right up until May. We can never discount the possibility of a disastrous collapse (especially given the injury situation has not improved).

As for the short term, if he once again shows no ability to turn around a dip in form, allowing it to become a run of poor results and/or weak performances, then that is a clear warning sign and time to replace him with someone who can.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Evans has got his finger.... on 09:00 - Oct 26 with 3117 viewsBloots

....firmly on the trigger.

It's just a case of who blinks first.

We can't be in this league next season once the salary cap really kicks in.

I fully expect Lambert to lose the plot over the next month, there are signs already.

Then he'll be gone.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:03 - Oct 26 with 3091 viewstextbackup

you know about ME right? he'll drag heels until the day before that 2.5 break finishes then act

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:04 - Oct 26 with 3086 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Give him a chance at Sunderland, give him a chance at Hull, if we again fall short there really is no great significance keeping him as there won't have been any improvement on last year.

You could give the job to anyone and I would suspect with this squad they would find a way to roll over Accrington and Birstol Rovers, but we need a manager who can take the good players in this squad to the next level.

Paul.....Cook.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 10:05]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Evans has got his finger.... on 09:05 - Oct 26 with 3081 viewsgordon

Evans has got his finger.... on 09:00 - Oct 26 by Bloots

....firmly on the trigger.

It's just a case of who blinks first.

We can't be in this league next season once the salary cap really kicks in.

I fully expect Lambert to lose the plot over the next month, there are signs already.

Then he'll be gone.

Yes, I agree with this. Evans is a muppet too, but he's not stupid enough to let this season slide away just because he was mugged over by Lambert for the five-year contract.

He'll understand the consequences of the salary cap situation for Ipswich with the players we've got out of contract next season, and know that we stand to lose an awful lot more than whatever the settlement would be on the contract.

With Lambert still in charge next season with a far weaker team, relegation would be as much of a possibility as promotion.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:15 - Oct 26 with 3036 viewsitfcjoe

If Evans has let him start the season then you assume he is going to get a fair crack of the whip here, whether we think that is right or not.

Ultimately, we currently have 2 points per game, which will be enough to go up automatically - I imagine top 6 is his bare minimum objective this season and we are currently on track for it.

If we were to slip out a little bit, then I think Lambert will be able to argue his case that he has been hamstrung by injuries and that he deserves longer.

I think everyone is aware of my feelings re Lambert, but there's no way he is going to get the boot unless things turn to absolute sh*t - the last 2 games may have been the start of that, but it's probably more likely we bob around in the top 6 not quite being good enough to go up, or bad enough to sack Lambert.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:17 - Oct 26 with 3024 viewsDanTheMan

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:15 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

If Evans has let him start the season then you assume he is going to get a fair crack of the whip here, whether we think that is right or not.

Ultimately, we currently have 2 points per game, which will be enough to go up automatically - I imagine top 6 is his bare minimum objective this season and we are currently on track for it.

If we were to slip out a little bit, then I think Lambert will be able to argue his case that he has been hamstrung by injuries and that he deserves longer.

I think everyone is aware of my feelings re Lambert, but there's no way he is going to get the boot unless things turn to absolute sh*t - the last 2 games may have been the start of that, but it's probably more likely we bob around in the top 6 not quite being good enough to go up, or bad enough to sack Lambert.....

My major concern is that we pull the trigger way too late again.

I really hope we don't need to pull the trigger at all and this is all just a blip.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:26 - Oct 26 with 2991 viewsBent_double

I think most fans have said see where we are after 10 games, the problem is, assuming we win the next 2, that's 22 points from a possible 30, which on the face of it isn't bad, what it doesn't show is that we haven't yet beaten - and are very unlikely to beat - one of the top 6 teams in the division, so assuming that carries on, a top 6 finish is very, very unlikely.

Lose the next 2 of course and it's a different matter...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:30 - Oct 26 with 2965 viewsBluefish

I'm pretty sure you are now fully behind him so you really need to give him more than 3 defeats. The rest of us think he should go now

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:35 - Oct 26 with 2941 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:15 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

I do agree it would be very unlikely that Evans will pull the trigger right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:38 - Oct 26 with 2889 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

222 (plus cup games)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:39 - Oct 26 with 2912 viewsPinewoodblue

It is sad, but understandable, that we are worried about what will happen the rest of the season, especially as we are averaging 2 points a game which usually guarantees promotion.

Lambert does however have serious limitations and it is worth noting that we lost our first league match on the same date as las season and lost our second game a few days later. The fear is history will be repeating its self, in which case we win the ne t two, draw the next three and downhill from then.

He really shouldn’t have been here at the start of the season but I guess we are stuck with him for the foreseeable.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:57 - Oct 26 with 2864 viewsSitfcB

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:30 - Oct 26 by Bluefish

I'm pretty sure you are now fully behind him so you really need to give him more than 3 defeats. The rest of us think he should go now

Not fully behind him at all.

Benefit of the doubt plus the fact Evans wasn’t going to get rid right before the season started so let it lie.

COYB

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:58 - Oct 26 with 2851 viewsSitfcB

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:49 - Oct 26 by Mullet

I’d have sacked him after relegation, but was happy to give him last season to prove me wrong and show that although he had an easier chance of survival he wasn’t so far below what we used to have that he couldn’t win the league at a canter.

Now it’s even easier after so much damage to squads from corona it’s not worth persisting with him. We should be winning easily, or winning when playing badly 95% of the time looking at how others have fared this summer.

It seems clear even if he sneaks up we are back to being bottom of the Championship fodder without massive change of investment and ideas. The future for ITFC is very bleak without finding another top quality manager who can unite the players and give us something to be proud of again.

Yes definitely should’ve got rid when he got us relegated, miserably. Yet he was lauded by a section of fans at the time.

Then another opportunity to get rid before Christmas came and went.

COYB

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:00 - Oct 26 with 2827 viewsBlueBadger

Around minus 40, given he should have gone before 19/20?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:02 - Oct 26 with 2827 viewsSwansea_Blue

As many as ME wants I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:09 - Oct 26 with 2805 viewsMatt_Netherlands

In the eyes of many town fans, he needs 12 points minimum from the next three games!

That’s part of the problem though, the fan-manager relationship seems to have well and truly broken down, but with no fans in the stadium to sound their frustration or to stay away altogether, Evans is increasingly less likely to ever bow to fan pressure / economic pressure of fate receipts dropping.

I think if we are outside of the top 6 at Christmas, it would make most sense, going into the transfer window.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:11 - Oct 26 with 2787 viewsBlueBadger

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:09 - Oct 26 by Matt_Netherlands

In the eyes of many town fans, he needs 12 points minimum from the next three games!

That’s part of the problem though, the fan-manager relationship seems to have well and truly broken down, but with no fans in the stadium to sound their frustration or to stay away altogether, Evans is increasingly less likely to ever bow to fan pressure / economic pressure of fate receipts dropping.

I think if we are outside of the top 6 at Christmas, it would make most sense, going into the transfer window.

It could be too late by then, if we fall away like we did last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024