Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many games are we giving Lambert? 08:44 - Oct 26 with 8000 viewsSitfcB

The next 3? Need 6 points minimum.

If we get 0-3 points then he’s gottae go.

We then have two and a half weeks until our next League game so would be a good opportunity to change.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 1892 viewsDarth_Koont

Still on track to give him the first dozen games.

A good start with wins and a settled selection/formation were a couple of things I was looking for. Now he’s got to show the rest: An ability to bounce back from a loss without going in a tailspin and performances and results against the better teams.

We’re clearly still lacking on that score but he’s got the perfect opportunity now up to the Hull game. If we’re still looking dodgy after that then I think he’s got no excuses left.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:49 - Oct 26 with 1855 viewsLankHenners

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:15 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

If Evans has let him start the season then you assume he is going to get a fair crack of the whip here, whether we think that is right or not.

Ultimately, we currently have 2 points per game, which will be enough to go up automatically - I imagine top 6 is his bare minimum objective this season and we are currently on track for it.

If we were to slip out a little bit, then I think Lambert will be able to argue his case that he has been hamstrung by injuries and that he deserves longer.

I think everyone is aware of my feelings re Lambert, but there's no way he is going to get the boot unless things turn to absolute sh*t - the last 2 games may have been the start of that, but it's probably more likely we bob around in the top 6 not quite being good enough to go up, or bad enough to sack Lambert.....

Your last para was my main concern this season. I always thought if we really fcked it then Evans would have little choice but to make a change, but it was always on the cards that simply getting some of the basics right would be enough to have a better season without ever looking particularly convincing, ending up with us scraping into the playoffs but getting dumped straight out of them due to not being able to beat the better teams.

The medium-to-long term future under Lambert looks pretty bleak even if we do bundle ourselves up. To have a chance of competing in the Championship after coming up from League 1 you need to be coming up really strong so you can carry the momentum forwards. We'd be favourites to come straight back down as it'll be (at best) just like under Lambert in the Championship before - looking 'ok', maybe getting the odd decent result but ultimately won't be able to score enough and will concede too many.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 12:14 - Oct 26 with 1812 viewsJ2BLUE

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:26 - Oct 26 by Bent_double

I think most fans have said see where we are after 10 games, the problem is, assuming we win the next 2, that's 22 points from a possible 30, which on the face of it isn't bad, what it doesn't show is that we haven't yet beaten - and are very unlikely to beat - one of the top 6 teams in the division, so assuming that carries on, a top 6 finish is very, very unlikely.

Lose the next 2 of course and it's a different matter...

If Evans asks himself if he thinks we can beat any of the top six sides in this division and he answers no then he needs to get rid.

Look at our squad and tell me who we should fear in this division? Absolutely no one. I'm not saying we should be walking the league but we are at least on par with the best sides in this league. There's not one game home or away that we should go into thinking we can't win.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 12:15 - Oct 26 with 1815 viewshoppy

The next 3 games we face, or the next three that he’ll be on the touch line?
How many games does he miss for his red card?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 14:42 - Oct 26 with 1754 viewsistanblue

It's irrelevant what fans think - even more so with COVID depriving supporters of voicing their opinions at matches or hurting Evans' bottom line by staying away.

Realistically, PL will have until around the new year to prove himself by which point Evans will only probably sack him if we are well adrift of the play-offs i.e. 9+ points. As long as he keeps us in contention he will remain as manager until the end of the season at least. No way is Evans going to fork out a considerable sum of money to sack Lambert and replace him with a new guy during a pandemic which has cost him millions already.

To answer your question directly, at least another 15 or so league games before Evans will even think about acting.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 14:47 - Oct 26 with 1740 viewsKeaneish

He’s had 12. We normally say 10. I’d seen enough after the MK Dons game to see not much had changed. I’ll stick to what I said last season, he should be winning this league comfortably with that squad even with the injury list.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 14:53 - Oct 26 with 1728 viewsITFC_Forever

Minus 9 League games. Should have gone after the Fleetwood home game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 14:55 - Oct 26 with 1724 viewsPJH

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 14:47 - Oct 26 by Keaneish

He’s had 12. We normally say 10. I’d seen enough after the MK Dons game to see not much had changed. I’ll stick to what I said last season, he should be winning this league comfortably with that squad even with the injury list.

Yes, last season turned out to be a complete failure and underachievement after a good start and signs not looking too good this time around either.

PL's two years here regarding onfield results, which are supposedly important, can only be described as underachievement.

Even if he did manage to take us up this season it would have been achieved a year later than it should have been and that in itself follows the failure to make a serious attempt to avoid relegation.
Login to get fewer ads

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 16:46 - Oct 26 with 1672 viewsBluedandy

Yet again as a club we find ourselves in the bunker of irreparably broken managerial careers where you fear Lambert's delusional post match riffs on the triumphs to come will only get worse.

Has a manager who took a club down to the third tier of English football ever achieved promotion with the same club from the same division the season after next?

I wager that it's never happened in the history of English football and Paul certainly won't change that.

It's time to say goodbye and appoint the fourth Paul of the Evans reign ... namely Paul Cook.

Beating Gillingham just delays the inevitable although suspect Crewe will do us on Saturday.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 16:57 - Oct 26 with 1659 viewsjayessess

I think we're stuck with him for the season, at least.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:05 - Oct 26 with 1649 viewsitfcjoe

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 16:46 - Oct 26 by Bluedandy

Yet again as a club we find ourselves in the bunker of irreparably broken managerial careers where you fear Lambert's delusional post match riffs on the triumphs to come will only get worse.

Has a manager who took a club down to the third tier of English football ever achieved promotion with the same club from the same division the season after next?

I wager that it's never happened in the history of English football and Paul certainly won't change that.

It's time to say goodbye and appoint the fourth Paul of the Evans reign ... namely Paul Cook.

Beating Gillingham just delays the inevitable although suspect Crewe will do us on Saturday.

I don't think it is that unusual, Paul Warne has done it twice in recent seasons and Tont Mowbray did it at Blackburn just of the top of my head

But that's not to say in any way that Lambert will here!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:08 - Oct 26 with 1638 viewsMullet

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:05 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

I don't think it is that unusual, Paul Warne has done it twice in recent seasons and Tont Mowbray did it at Blackburn just of the top of my head

O'Driscoll's Doncaster too I would assume and Clough at Burton? Not sure we particularly want to be a 3rd tier yo yo club either do we? It's utterly humiliating we let ourselves get here at all, but this.... Jesus Christ.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:29 - Oct 26 with 1619 viewsBluedandy

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:05 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

Both Warne and Mowbray bounced straight back .... had they finished where we did in the third tier they would not have survived to get another go.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:40 - Oct 26 with 1601 viewsClareBlue

I can not work out what he actually brings to the Football Club.

His delusional post match interviews are just insulting.
Are Ipswich the only team that have injuries, lack of investment bla bla bla - no, that is the reason we are all playing at this level Paul and not winning European Cups,

There is no sign of leadership - when we went behind on Saturday there was no urgency or fight or even fear of being hammered by the manager

The players do not have an installed pride or fear of failure - just limply going through the motions. Nobody takes any responsibility for anything - manager, players, owner...

Never any evidence that he has looked at the opposition and worked out how best to beat them - no plan, no changes when it is obviously not working, no motivational half time talks, changes in system - nothing
Evidence that once other managers have worked him out (Nov last year, October this year, straight away in Championship) he has no ability to come up with something new.

Increasing number of players who have left his influence and now are better players

Which, of course, would all be forgiven if the results were good - but they are not and haven't been for all the time he has been here except for beating some teams that turned out to be really really poor.

So the sooner the better. We've had some self entitled deluded managers in the last 20 years, and he is up there.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:41 - Oct 26 with 1597 viewsSE1blue

So far, about 90 too many...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 18:51 - Oct 26 with 1553 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

No more. However, I am not the one who can sack him.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 18:59 - Oct 26 with 1550 viewsDyland

Minus 20?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:25 - Oct 26 with 1526 viewsHARRY10

Stop being silly - he wasn't given a five year contract for nothing

the club has been in a downward spiral for a long while, and simply changing the manager is not going to alter that

I can set off behind F1 cars in my morris minor - replacing me as driver will not make the car go faster

Lambert is here for the long haul, and will undoubtedly be trying to put right a club run (down) by non footballing types like Clegg and Milne.

We are not suddenly going to find the right manager, and off we go see Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton etc

The club needs to be as good as rebuilt from the bottom upwards - and no childish foot stamping will change that reality.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:31 - Oct 26 with 1510 viewsKeaneish

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:25 - Oct 26 by HARRY10

the club has been in a downward spiral for a long while, and simply changing the manager is not going to alter that

I can set off behind F1 cars in my morris minor - replacing me as driver will not make the car go faster

Lambert is here for the long haul, and will undoubtedly be trying to put right a club run (down) by non footballing types like Clegg and Milne.

We are not suddenly going to find the right manager, and off we go see Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton etc

The club needs to be as good as rebuilt from the bottom upwards - and no childish foot stamping will change that reality.

Do you not think Lambert has the players at his disposal to win this league?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:46 - Oct 26 with 1496 viewsHARRY10

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:31 - Oct 26 by Keaneish

Do you not think Lambert has the players at his disposal to win this league?

Absolutely not
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 20:03 - Oct 26 with 1472 viewsitfcjoe

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:46 - Oct 26 by HARRY10

Absolutely not

Then his recruitment is to blame

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 20:15 - Oct 26 with 1455 viewsjayessess

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:25 - Oct 26 by HARRY10

"Rebuild from the bottom upwards" is one of those fun cliches which sounds very meaningful but isn't. What is that supposedly needs to be done "at the bottom" of the club? What's Lambert got to do with that long term work?

Football clubs get better by improving the quality of the first team. Mostly that comes down to the manager and their recruitment, coaching and tactics. Every thing else is secondary.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 20:55 - Oct 26 with 1432 viewsHARRY10

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:11 - Oct 26 by BlueBadger

It could be too late by then, if we fall away like we did last season.

We are in LI yet still we don't seem to produce a regular supply of youth players able to step up. For all the bluster what happened to Downes supposed multi million pound transfer

When did we last produce a keeper able to play in the first team, 2005?

Unfortunately, we still have those who think that all is well, we have the best squad in the league and we only need get the 'right' manager and off we go - Championship here we come.

The last two games have shown the second of these to be a myth. We have a long way to go before we turn this club around, and shouting at the bare earth will not make the corn grow quicker either.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 21:34 - Oct 26 with 1410 viewsITFC_Forever

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:08 - Oct 26 by Mullet

O'Driscoll's Doncaster too I would assume and Clough at Burton? Not sure we particularly want to be a 3rd tier yo yo club either do we? It's utterly humiliating we let ourselves get here at all, but this.... Jesus Christ.

Don’t think Burton have gone down from the Champ and back up?

Just up, hung around for a couple of season and then down again.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 21:37 - Oct 26 with 1407 viewsMullet

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 21:34 - Oct 26 by ITFC_Forever

Don’t think Burton have gone down from the Champ and back up?

Just up, hung around for a couple of season and then down again.

Ah were they back to back seasons? Fair enough.

Either way, to think that's what fans could want for us now is so depressing isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024