Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many games are we giving Lambert? 08:44 - Oct 26 with 7999 viewsSitfcB

The next 3? Need 6 points minimum.

If we get 0-3 points then he’s gottae go.

We then have two and a half weeks until our next League game so would be a good opportunity to change.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 21:52 - Oct 26 with 2462 viewsKeaneish

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 19:46 - Oct 26 by HARRY10

Absolutely not

Spine of the team, I’d have Norwood, Jackson, Downes, Bishop, Chambers and Wolfenden over pretty much most others in this league.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:50 - Oct 27 with 2370 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

This question doesn't have an answer. Even if we win the next five, some people will still want him out, surely?
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 2367 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:49 - Oct 26 by Mullet

I’d have sacked him after relegation, but was happy to give him last season to prove me wrong and show that although he had an easier chance of survival he wasn’t so far below what we used to have that he couldn’t win the league at a canter.

Now it’s even easier after so much damage to squads from corona it’s not worth persisting with him. We should be winning easily, or winning when playing badly 95% of the time looking at how others have fared this summer.

It seems clear even if he sneaks up we are back to being bottom of the Championship fodder without massive change of investment and ideas. The future for ITFC is very bleak without finding another top quality manager who can unite the players and give us something to be proud of again.

We should be winning 95% of our games, don’t other sides in L1 have professional pride , decent players and an attitude not to simply roll over against us without a fight? Having won 2 games against this league’s top 10 over 20 matches doesn’t suggest our squad is capable to expect such a high win percentage. Doesn’t matter what we have achieved in the long and distant past, it gives us no divine right to expect us to just turn up and expect a victory. Have a genuine look at us now without the blue specs on, we’re not even one of the better sides in this league.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 13:47]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:05 - Oct 27 with 2345 viewsBluefish

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 08:52 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

We should be winning 95% of our games, don’t other sides in L1 have professional pride , decent players and an attitude not to simply roll over against us without a fight? Having won 2 games against this league’s top 10 over 20 matches doesn’t suggest our squad is capable to expect such a high win percentage. Doesn’t matter what we have achieved in the long and distant past, it gives us no divine right to expect us to just turn up and expect a victory. Have a genuine look at us now without the blue specs on, we’re not even one of the better sides in this league.

We easily have one of the highest budgets so who do you hold responsible?

It is simple, we either have the best squad and should be winning. Lambert out

Or

Lambert has failed to suitably strengthen the squad despite not being forced to sell and having one of the highest budgets. Lambert out

I think the answer is A but all routes lead to FOPRP

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:06 - Oct 27 with 2347 viewsMullet

It’s quite the opposite of blue specs in every way. Does it suggest the squad isn’t capable or isn’t managed well enough? I’m not referring to the past, let alone the long distant past. I’m referring to the vast squad, the fate of our competition who have had massive churn and upheaval and even less money to throw around than last year.

Lincoln had about 2 players left from hammering us 5-3 last season, a game where he played Dozzell and Downes in a 2 and wondered why they just cantered through the middle and picked off the centre backs.

We should never have gone down, we certainly shouldn’t have done it so badly, we should never be here now. A decent manager would never have let this happen and keep screwing it up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 2344 viewshype313

Michael Appleton and many other managers in this division say otherwise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:11 - Oct 27 with 2343 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Like others on this thread, I seriously doubt we can afford to sack him and we're probably stuck with him for this season. Others are suggesting Paul Cook but I would think he's waiting for a decent job in the Championship.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:11 - Oct 27 with 2341 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:09 - Oct 27 by hype313

Michael Appleton and many other managers in this division say otherwise.

As an opposing manager you're invariably complimentary after a win.

Login to get fewer ads

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:14 - Oct 27 with 2334 viewshype313

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:11 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

As an opposing manager you're invariably complimentary after a win.

Think you need to read his comments before the game.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/meet-ipswich-town-s-opposition-appleton-s-lincoln-c
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 9:18]

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:19 - Oct 27 with 2322 viewspatrickswell

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 17:40 - Oct 26 by ClareBlue

I can not work out what he actually brings to the Football Club.

His delusional post match interviews are just insulting.
Are Ipswich the only team that have injuries, lack of investment bla bla bla - no, that is the reason we are all playing at this level Paul and not winning European Cups,

There is no sign of leadership - when we went behind on Saturday there was no urgency or fight or even fear of being hammered by the manager

The players do not have an installed pride or fear of failure - just limply going through the motions. Nobody takes any responsibility for anything - manager, players, owner...

Never any evidence that he has looked at the opposition and worked out how best to beat them - no plan, no changes when it is obviously not working, no motivational half time talks, changes in system - nothing
Evidence that once other managers have worked him out (Nov last year, October this year, straight away in Championship) he has no ability to come up with something new.

Increasing number of players who have left his influence and now are better players

Which, of course, would all be forgiven if the results were good - but they are not and haven't been for all the time he has been here except for beating some teams that turned out to be really really poor.

So the sooner the better. We've had some self entitled deluded managers in the last 20 years, and he is up there.

Which players have left his influence and are better players?
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:39 - Oct 27 with 2297 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:06 - Oct 27 by Mullet

It’s quite the opposite of blue specs in every way. Does it suggest the squad isn’t capable or isn’t managed well enough? I’m not referring to the past, let alone the long distant past. I’m referring to the vast squad, the fate of our competition who have had massive churn and upheaval and even less money to throw around than last year.

Lincoln had about 2 players left from hammering us 5-3 last season, a game where he played Dozzell and Downes in a 2 and wondered why they just cantered through the middle and picked off the centre backs.

We should never have gone down, we certainly shouldn’t have done it so badly, we should never be here now. A decent manager would never have let this happen and keep screwing it up.

I certainly believe it's a bit of both, along with an owner that still remains clueless regarding footballing matters. I agree that PL should've gone a long time ago and got fortunate when COVID first arrived, which allowed him a stay of execution. I don't buy into this and never have that our squad is too good, I feel we've got some good players in amongst our squad, but we've also got a lot of players that have found their level in League One. The fact they wear a blue shirt we then hugely over-hype them thinking they are better than what they actually are. The stat I posted previously just firms that up for me.

I appreciate you're a big supporter of MM, but we were on the slide in the Championship even then. We just weren't aware of how much fire-fighting MM was doing as invariably he'd keep his counsel, he probably walked at the right time. The way we went down was with a whimper and was woeful, but it was inevitable especially when our owner was tightening the purse strings season on season combined with the player's defeatist attitude that they had given up by October as Bart mentioned. I'm no PH fan either, however when he is asked to sell our better players to generate a transfer kitty to sign lesser and unproven players, then the writing is very much on the wall. The club is where it is because it deserves to be there, regardless of how much as supporters we want otherwise and keep thinking we're the 'mighty' ITFC of the past, we're a L1 club and on the face of it an average one at that.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:42 - Oct 27 with 2294 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:05 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

We easily have one of the highest budgets so who do you hold responsible?

It is simple, we either have the best squad and should be winning. Lambert out

Or

Lambert has failed to suitably strengthen the squad despite not being forced to sell and having one of the highest budgets. Lambert out

I think the answer is A but all routes lead to FOPRP

We certainly have one of the biggest wage bills, but most can comprehend that doesn't equate to the best squad unfortuantely, especially when talking about our squad.

Think that can be evidenced when the two highest earners are Alan Judge and James Norwood, probably little way away from being the two best players.

Lambert has underachieved, so have the players, no getting away from that.

It's a simpletons viewpoint that shouts from the rooftops, "we've got loads of dough in League 1, we must be the best side"
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 10:05]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:42 - Oct 27 with 2292 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:14 - Oct 27 by hype313

Think you need to read his comments before the game.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/meet-ipswich-town-s-opposition-appleton-s-lincoln-c
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 9:18]

It's not often that a manager slags off the opposition prior to a game, unless you're Joey Barton and it seems he read the situation right.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:44 - Oct 27 with 2288 viewshype313

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:42 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

It's not often that a manager slags off the opposition prior to a game, unless you're Joey Barton and it seems he read the situation right.

Sorry, you've lost me.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 2288 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:42 - Oct 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

We certainly have one of the biggest wage bills, but most can comprehend that doesn't equate to the best squad unfortuantely, especially when talking about our squad.

Think that can be evidenced when the two highest earners are Alan Judge and James Norwood, probably little way away from being the two best players.

It's a simpletons viewpoint that shouts from the rooftops, "we've got loads of dough in League 1, we must be the best side"

My thoughts too.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:49 - Oct 27 with 2282 viewsMullet

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:39 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

I certainly believe it's a bit of both, along with an owner that still remains clueless regarding footballing matters. I agree that PL should've gone a long time ago and got fortunate when COVID first arrived, which allowed him a stay of execution. I don't buy into this and never have that our squad is too good, I feel we've got some good players in amongst our squad, but we've also got a lot of players that have found their level in League One. The fact they wear a blue shirt we then hugely over-hype them thinking they are better than what they actually are. The stat I posted previously just firms that up for me.

I appreciate you're a big supporter of MM, but we were on the slide in the Championship even then. We just weren't aware of how much fire-fighting MM was doing as invariably he'd keep his counsel, he probably walked at the right time. The way we went down was with a whimper and was woeful, but it was inevitable especially when our owner was tightening the purse strings season on season combined with the player's defeatist attitude that they had given up by October as Bart mentioned. I'm no PH fan either, however when he is asked to sell our better players to generate a transfer kitty to sign lesser and unproven players, then the writing is very much on the wall. The club is where it is because it deserves to be there, regardless of how much as supporters we want otherwise and keep thinking we're the 'mighty' ITFC of the past, we're a L1 club and on the face of it an average one at that.

We weren't on a slide at all, we had one bad season where we failed to replace Murphy after years of juggling sand and righted that soon after despite far too much of the fanbase trying to destroy the team every game and turning up looking to moan. Even then we were heading back up and started the season incredibly well.

I think anyone paying attention knew exactly what a good job MM was doing, people just didn't want to hear it and still get incredibly embarrassed at that. So let's not rewrite history.

Lambert spent big on loans when he came in, he got backed massively and produced the worst side the club has ever known. You can mitigate part of that with the damage Hurst did but he had more time and more money than MM did and still made a has of it. Again people just didn't want to hear it.

Hurst chose to sell, then sell again and then was given the choice to sell again beause he'd had so much already. It wasn't necessary and it wasn't sensible but people cheered him on and chose to blame players like Waghorn and when they were gone invent conspiracies about Chambers and Skuse.

We are not a midtable Div 3 side in any respect and should not be there at all. A decent manager would find it impossible to have us there at the end of any season. That's without overhyping the players we have. Given they are either England pedigree youngsters, players with Championship pedigree or arguably the ones you cite from Hurst's time who supposedly top end League 1 players capable of Championship football (none of whom were brought here as or to be midtable league 1).

There isn't a neutral in the land who can look at us and not see us as massivley underachieving and failing relative to what we've got. Just look at the teams we are playing every week and what they are going through.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:50 - Oct 27 with 2281 viewshaynes_toe1

All this means is that on top of Lambert not getting the best out of the squad, he's also recruited poorly despite having one of the most competitive wage budgets in the division.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:50 - Oct 27 with 2281 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:44 - Oct 27 by hype313

Sorry, you've lost me.

You don't remember Barton's comments about us to test our psyche before the Fleetwood match?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:01 - Oct 27 with 2260 viewshype313

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:50 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

You don't remember Barton's comments about us to test our psyche before the Fleetwood match?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the previous posts we have been discussing?

You said "Have a genuine look at us now without the blue specs on, we’re not even one of the better sides in this league." I stated that other managers say differently, you then said "it's easy to be complimentary after a win" but I posted what he said before the game.

Think we're going round in circles here.

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:11 - Oct 27 with 2247 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 09:49 - Oct 27 by Mullet

We weren't on a slide at all, we had one bad season where we failed to replace Murphy after years of juggling sand and righted that soon after despite far too much of the fanbase trying to destroy the team every game and turning up looking to moan. Even then we were heading back up and started the season incredibly well.

I think anyone paying attention knew exactly what a good job MM was doing, people just didn't want to hear it and still get incredibly embarrassed at that. So let's not rewrite history.

Lambert spent big on loans when he came in, he got backed massively and produced the worst side the club has ever known. You can mitigate part of that with the damage Hurst did but he had more time and more money than MM did and still made a has of it. Again people just didn't want to hear it.

Hurst chose to sell, then sell again and then was given the choice to sell again beause he'd had so much already. It wasn't necessary and it wasn't sensible but people cheered him on and chose to blame players like Waghorn and when they were gone invent conspiracies about Chambers and Skuse.

We are not a midtable Div 3 side in any respect and should not be there at all. A decent manager would find it impossible to have us there at the end of any season. That's without overhyping the players we have. Given they are either England pedigree youngsters, players with Championship pedigree or arguably the ones you cite from Hurst's time who supposedly top end League 1 players capable of Championship football (none of whom were brought here as or to be midtable league 1).

There isn't a neutral in the land who can look at us and not see us as massivley underachieving and failing relative to what we've got. Just look at the teams we are playing every week and what they are going through.

We were on a downward spiral. The players we were getting in were more workmanlike and the standard of football was suffering, even Stevie Wonder could see that and if you were being honest with yourself you'd admit that too. Yes, the atmosphere wasn't great towards the end of MM's reign, but he jumped at the right time. He could see what was coming on the horizon. Not sure where this rewriting history comment is coming from we finished 16th and 12th (2016-17 and 2017-18) after previously finishing 6th and 7th, that reflects a team on the slide. Yes, we probably shouldn't have got relegated, but it shows a team on the decline rather than one that is going in the opposite direction.

You've highlighted a selection of our current players, that are decent. Go through the majority of our squad and there's a fair few that are either largely unproven, played at L1 or even lower. For all the decent players we may have we also have a fair few in our squad that counterbalance your argument. Again we go on about how good the squad is, but invariably it flatters to deceive, which is telling for me. You point out that look at the sides we are playing each week, but I bet you in their dressing room they are saying this will be a good scalp, but they aren't the ITFC of 70s/80s either, they aren't to be feared. Winning against us is more based on our history than currently being one of the best sides in L1.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 16:30]

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:15 - Oct 27 with 2239 viewsChrisd

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:01 - Oct 27 by hype313

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the previous posts we have been discussing?

You said "Have a genuine look at us now without the blue specs on, we’re not even one of the better sides in this league." I stated that other managers say differently, you then said "it's easy to be complimentary after a win" but I posted what he said before the game.

Think we're going round in circles here.

You put up a post to counter my view about manager's positive comments and envy towards us and PL before a game and then I mentioned Barton's negative comments before our game against Fleetwood last October. So not going round in circles, just countering your point.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 10:16]

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:42 - Oct 27 with 2204 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So you’re going for option b then, given that Lambert signed both of those players?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:48 - Oct 27 with 2202 viewsPJH

I think that we must be the best side because we have the best squad, not because we are rich.

A lot of the squad are underperforming and some are not good enough but that does not change my view that overall we have a squad that should be top just as we should have ended up top last season.
How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:48 - Oct 27 with 2202 viewsHerbivore

The correct answer is, of course, too many.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 2196 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How many games are we giving Lambert? on 10:42 - Oct 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So you’re going for option b then, given that Lambert signed both of those players?

I haven't stated 'A' or 'B' as you put it?

Think Lambert has made some good signings, and some poor ones, very much in the MM mould like that.

I was merely stating it is simplistic view to suggest 'high wages = top team'.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024