Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. 08:59 - Oct 26 with 3727 viewsartsbossbeard

Not sure who the ex-pro was they had co-commentating, however, he was quite scathing on Town's style throughout.

Granted, I know a bias is to be expected, however, you couldn't argue with the "slow and ponderous build up" jibes.

Also, this playing out from the back "because we can" stuff is all well and good but surely the aim of it is to commit the opposition forward thus creating the space for a ball over the top or into the #10? I don't mean a big lump up pitch from the keeper or centre back to nobody either.

Couple of bad days at the office with a couple of chances to put things right now though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 12:04 - Oct 26 with 478 viewsChrisd

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 11:45 - Oct 26 by ipswichtillidie

We can’t play out from the back because the two centre halves can’t play football. Neither knows how to step out and play a pass. It’s either sideways or back to the keeper who also can’t play with his feet. It’s slow and tedious and boring to watch. Then you had Nolan who also looked liked he was playing for stats. Safest easiest pass available.

There were a lot of traits similar to last season from Saturday’s game which I found concerning. We’re laboured in our passing, we play in areas of the pitch that don't hurt sides, we pass for passing sake, we allow the opposition to get back behind the ball which makes it hard for us to play through, clear lack of pace throughout the side, Hawkins was left isolated and no runners from midfield to support, lack of a cutting edge again and as soon as we go behind we don’t seem to have that resilience to fight back. The last two games were very much like last season for me, which was really disappointing.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 12:48]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I guess my gripe.... on 12:06 - Oct 26 with 478 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I guess my gripe.... on 09:17 - Oct 26 by Bloots

....(amongst many of them) is more around the mental speed as well as physical speed.

It appears to be a very planned mindset that the players are in.

Pass the ball, receive the ball, take a touch, take another touch, assess the options, take no risk, pass it sideways if you can, if not pass it back to the player who gave it to you.

....and repeat.

I genuinely think that the majority of passes made by our defence and midfield are just passing it back to the player that gave i to them.

I noticed it on Saturday, it's infuriating.

It really is. More so because with a Woolfenden and/or Arsenal guy at the back they would have a good idea how to turn that possession into something positive.
I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 457 viewspennyfathersleg

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 09:12 - Oct 26 by GeoffSentence

The difference in pace when the two teams got the ball was stark. Lincoln surged forward at speed and as such generally looked much more threatening than us. When we got it it was passed around the back ineffectually for long periods, I guess the idea might be to draw the opposition out and to create space, but Lincoln weren't playing that game they just got everyone behind the ball and watched it. Any decent manager who watched this performance will do the same and we will spend the rest of the season watching Holy play it to Nsiala to the nearest marked man back to Nsiala and back to Holy.

It's going to be a long, dull, painful season.

I agree about the plan being to draw the opposition in. If they don't fall for it (most won't now as they know our plan), that is when we need ball playing centre backs as they can use the space themselves. However, as we all know, our current pair aren't ball playing centre backs. The good news is, we have two centre halves that can do this!

I think that McGuinness and Wolfie should play tomorrow and I also think that Cornell should play as he can use his feet. If the plan then fails, I guess we need to find another system to suit the players we have.
I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 13:42 - Oct 26 with 410 viewsrattram

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 11:45 - Oct 26 by ipswichtillidie

We can’t play out from the back because the two centre halves can’t play football. Neither knows how to step out and play a pass. It’s either sideways or back to the keeper who also can’t play with his feet. It’s slow and tedious and boring to watch. Then you had Nolan who also looked liked he was playing for stats. Safest easiest pass available.

We have 2 better centre halves on the bench in my opinion, who both have confidence on the ball. Like a lot of people i close my eyes when Toto receives the ball from the keeper. The stats showed we had 65% of the ball, but that was because most of that was playing the ball around near the penalty area whilst their midfield waited on the half way line for us.
I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 16:00 - Oct 26 with 364 viewsLeaky

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 09:12 - Oct 26 by GeoffSentence

The difference in pace when the two teams got the ball was stark. Lincoln surged forward at speed and as such generally looked much more threatening than us. When we got it it was passed around the back ineffectually for long periods, I guess the idea might be to draw the opposition out and to create space, but Lincoln weren't playing that game they just got everyone behind the ball and watched it. Any decent manager who watched this performance will do the same and we will spend the rest of the season watching Holy play it to Nsiala to the nearest marked man back to Nsiala and back to Holy.

It's going to be a long, dull, painful season.

Agree with your post. The problem with playing out from the back is if the opposition plan not to come after the ball & are happy to let us play it along the back 4, the midfield becomes congested, we then need to learn how to deal with it or have a plan B.
I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 09:47 - Oct 27 with 251 viewsBryanPlug

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 09:08 - Oct 26 by textbackup

watching a goal kick result in Holy passing to either Wilson or toto in our area scares me.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 10:31 - Oct 27 with 236 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I watched the game with Radio Lincoln commentary.. on 09:47 - Oct 27 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

After taking three touches and spinning around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024