Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? 10:07 - Oct 26 with 1973 viewsHullblue

We didn't create much in open play, but we still had one cleared off the line and Edwards missed a header from about a yard out.

Yes, our passing out from the back is too unimaginative and ponderous at times, but we've got probably the best ball playing CB in the league on the bench.

He'll make a huge difference when he comes back in - I would hope he'll start either tomorrow night or on Saturday.

Add KVY into that (as well as Chambers has done at RB) and we'll look like a completely different proposition.

Yes, Lambert should have gone in March (or earlier) but he's here now, and we look streets ahead of where we did this time last season imo.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? on 12:30 - Oct 26 with 210 viewsThatMuhrenCross

If that game had finished 0-0 we'd all be praising a hard fought draw away to a good side. Ultimately they won it on the back of a very soft penalty, and we didn't have the ref on our side at all, so we just have to dust ourselves down and move on.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? on 12:38 - Oct 26 with 203 viewsjayessess

Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? on 12:30 - Oct 26 by ThatMuhrenCross

If that game had finished 0-0 we'd all be praising a hard fought draw away to a good side. Ultimately they won it on the back of a very soft penalty, and we didn't have the ref on our side at all, so we just have to dust ourselves down and move on.

but... err... we didn't, we lost. In the same manner that we lost to Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, Rotherham, Sunderland, Oxford, Blackpool, Fleetwood and Coventry last season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? on 12:39 - Oct 26 with 203 viewscatch74

Am I the only one who wasn't too discouraged by Saturday? on 11:20 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

The issues is the teams at the top of the league are better coached than we are - so that is where the individual quality falls down and fails - compared to worse teams who are better coached than us.

We are effectively a few weeks into a new cycle, we basically have a new manager this season and it is going to take him time to get his ideas across and the players used to playing that way........we shouldn't be in this position, it's inexcusable that we are but that is basically what has happened

I’m able to watch a lot more this season, the pub stops me being able to make the 6 hour round trip to Portman Rd too often sadly, so I’m enjoying making use of IFollow.
Did we play out from the back last season at any point, as much as we’ve done this season?
It feels like we’re now doing what should have been happening at the tail end of the Championship, with a system in place.
I remember a lot of Norwich moaning initially with Farke, toothless displays with plenty of possession for their defence but not much to show for it. Suddenly it clicked, shortly after the game at Portman Rd and they didn’t look back. It takes time I guess and ball playing CB probably helps.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024