Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Result was most important 21:19 - Oct 27 with 637 viewsDarth_Koont

We did a lot of good stuff but worrying that Gillingham had the same level of chances on a fraction of the possession.

We really need to get more clinical in attack. I actually think Hawkins does well with the balls he gets but would be nice to see him get better service and have players in support for once. However, if he’s playing a lone role and meant to be freeing up space in other areas then we need to be more incisive.

It just looks a little random when we get into the attacking third.

Pronouns: He/Him

Result was most important on 21:22 - Oct 27 with 608 viewspointofblue

At this rate it'd just be nice if we looked threatening from set pieces. If a team wanted to draw 0-0 with us all they'd need to do is keep putting it out for a corner.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Result was most important on 21:25 - Oct 27 with 564 viewsDarth_Koont

Result was most important on 21:22 - Oct 27 by pointofblue

At this rate it'd just be nice if we looked threatening from set pieces. If a team wanted to draw 0-0 with us all they'd need to do is keep putting it out for a corner.

Yeah, our set pieces are pretty poor.

When I saw Chambers in the running to take a freekick on the edge of the box I realised that we don’t really know what we’re doing.

Result was most important on 21:26 - Oct 27 with 550 viewsgordon

Result was most important on 21:22 - Oct 27 by pointofblue

Think Lankester (if he's on the pitch) should be worth a go from a few free kicks and corners, the free kick to set up Edwards sitter on Saturday was excellent, but that's pretty much the only one he's taken.
Result was most important on 21:26 - Oct 27 with 544 viewsreusersfreekicks

Result was most important on 21:25 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, our set pieces are pretty poor.

When I saw Chambers in the running to take a freekick on the edge of the box I realised that we don’t really know what we’re doing.

The Sears shot from when their keeper picked up the ball was a low point
Result was most important on 21:31 - Oct 27 with 507 viewsSteve_M

The absence of Skuse or Downes in midfield part of that, midfield went missing for parts of second half. Huws should start on Saturday for that alone.

McGuiness despite looking dominant made a few errors late on too, plus one bad one from Wolfenden.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Result was most important on 21:32 - Oct 27 with 487 viewsnshearman1

Result was most important on 21:26 - Oct 27 by reusersfreekicks

We had something like 12 corners, all of them worthless. Hawkins' hold-up play actually was pretty poor, his first touch dreadful and still no goals - I long for the day when Drinan is available. The CBs were ok, but gave away too many free headers in the second half. The result, as this thread suggests, is the most important thing, but the performances need to improve big time.
Result was most important on 21:33 - Oct 27 with 477 viewsreusersfreekicks

Result was most important on 21:31 - Oct 27 by Steve_M

The absence of Skuse or Downes in midfield part of that, midfield went missing for parts of second half. Huws should start on Saturday for that alone.

McGuiness despite looking dominant made a few errors late on too, plus one bad one from Wolfenden.

Yep not sure Nsiala and Wilson would have had any problems tonight and as you say both centre halves made potentially crucial errors
Result was most important on 21:33 - Oct 27 with 471 viewsDarth_Koont

Result was most important on 21:26 - Oct 27 by reusersfreekicks

I’d just give it to Dozzell because he can pass as well as shoot. As soon as anyone else steps up, it’s going to be a shot and probably a snatchy one too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024