Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 problem to fix 08:19 - Oct 28 with 3134 viewsBluefish

Now that we have finally stopped the ridiculousness of keeping your cover players in as 1st choice and Bishop had undoubtedly proved that he has to start. It leaves the issue only being the wide players, we all agree Hawkins has done well but he is horribly isolated. The 2 wide players must be looking to play towards him, at the moment we have players hogging the touchline and looking to run in a straight line to the byline. We are the best side in this league across defence and midfield by miles but it is painful to watch us struggle to make use if it.

My first choices wide would be Lankester and Dobra and after them it would be Bennetts and Judge, both give you a tidy option and a direct raw option. The vision, touch and movement of Lankester is on another level to the others and Dobra has the close control and low centre of gravity to make those yards inwards opposed to running into empty spaces in the corners.

We cannot keep doing the same things and expecting it to be different.

Taking so long to replace Wilson and Nsiala was ridiculous, why wait until we have thrown games away? The Bishop decision was made easier by the Downes injury and the Nolan red card but he has to play, if he doesn't play then Lankester has to fill in there.

PRP is not a rookie manager anymore, he is paid handsomely to be able to see these things and to sort it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 8:21]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

1 problem to fix on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 2386 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yawn
1 problem to fix on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 2392 viewsDennyx4

I am not convinced on Hawkins either.

Strangely, you still fail to see the only threat in the front three yesterday was Edwards.

For me it is Edwards and two others at present.
1 problem to fix on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 2367 viewsdavblue

1 problem to fix on 08:32 - Oct 28 by Dennyx4

Strangely, you still fail to see the only threat in the front three yesterday was Edwards.

Hawkins service in the box has been non existent really, he's doing a good job in that role, we look a better team with him than without him, that to me is a sign of a decent player. He won't be a headline grabber here but he will be an important cog in the team.
1 problem to fix on 08:36 - Oct 28 with 2354 viewsMonkeyAlan

Hawkins really isnt any threat. Holds the ball up, but will never score many. He is so isolated the way we play and we just have no pace about us. There never appears to be any urgency in the team.
1 problem to fix on 08:38 - Oct 28 with 2354 viewspointofblue

I stopped reading when you promoted Judge over Edwards, and it took me a lot to carry on when you wanted Dobra ahead of him when he spent most of the time giving the ball away yesterday after coming in as a sub. You are right about a lot of things but this one seems to be based on a personal vendetta rather than what is happening on the pitch.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

1 problem to fix on 08:41 - Oct 28 with 2339 viewsVaughan8

A weird post just to say a roundabout way that you don't like Edwards. We get it....!

You'd leave our top scorer out? And have a guy on loan who has barely played ahead of him? I'm not so sure...!

Re Hawkins, he's clearly not a goalscorer. I would prefer a striker who scores but if he is helping the others to score then its still good, but they surely need to chip in with a few goals eventually....?
1 problem to fix on 08:56 - Oct 28 with 2269 viewsNthQldITFC

So you are saying that Lambert is two thirds of the way towards building 'the best side in this league... by miles' and that he has fixed every problem but one?

Wow, you must think he is a really great manager. You ought to start a fan club specifically devoted to him, only perhaps that would be a bit obsessive and maybe not so healthy.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

1 problem to fix on 09:00 - Oct 28 with 2240 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 08:56 - Oct 28 by NthQldITFC

So you are saying that Lambert is two thirds of the way towards building 'the best side in this league... by miles' and that he has fixed every problem but one?

Wow, you must think he is a really great manager. You ought to start a fan club specifically devoted to him, only perhaps that would be a bit obsessive and maybe not so healthy.

A great manager doesn't take 2 years to sort that, they take 2 games

Login to get fewer ads

1 problem to fix on 09:01 - Oct 28 with 2241 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 08:32 - Oct 28 by Dennyx4

If you see him running in a straight line as more important than a goal threat then you carry on.

1 problem to fix on 09:03 - Oct 28 with 2236 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 08:41 - Oct 28 by Vaughan8

A weird post just to say a roundabout way that you don't like Edwards. We get it....!

You'd leave our top scorer out? And have a guy on loan who has barely played ahead of him? I'm not so sure...!

Re Hawkins, he's clearly not a goalscorer. I would prefer a striker who scores but if he is helping the others to score then its still good, but they surely need to chip in with a few goals eventually....?

He is hopeless but this post wasn't just about him. Look beyond what you want me to say and you will see

1 problem to fix on 09:05 - Oct 28 with 2218 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hawkins is ok, not overly convinced on him.

He is isolated to be fair to him, but I see him more as a last 15 different dynamic player, not rest your goalscoring hopes on him.

I do agree the two wider players need to be playing more in field, in the half spaces I think its called.

Sears/Hawkins/Judge aren't good enough to get you out this league. Edwards the only one who is showing things.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

1 problem to fix on 09:07 - Oct 28 with 2195 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

1 problem to fix on 09:01 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

If you see him running in a straight line as more important than a goal threat then you carry on.

Are you suggesting our top scorer doesn't bring a goal threat?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

1 problem to fix on 09:10 - Oct 28 with 2182 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 09:05 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hawkins is ok, not overly convinced on him.

He is isolated to be fair to him, but I see him more as a last 15 different dynamic player, not rest your goalscoring hopes on him.

I do agree the two wider players need to be playing more in field, in the half spaces I think its called.

Sears/Hawkins/Judge aren't good enough to get you out this league. Edwards the only one who is showing things.

I'll assume the last line is a genuinely opinion, when have you ever seen Edwards fill those spaces? Sears does that more often than he does. GE is very much a head down run in a line type player but that line is never towards the goal. That might be ok in a 442 but with our system it is utterly pointless.

We have to be filling the gap to Hawkins, we currently have 3 completely 3 disjointed options up there and then wonder why the attacks fizzle out

1 problem to fix on 09:12 - Oct 28 with 2174 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 09:07 - Oct 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you suggesting our top scorer doesn't bring a goal threat?

I'm suggesting he doesn't bring enough of one on his own so I would rather see players capable of working together. A front 3 unit will contribute more than 3 individual players

1 problem to fix on 10:03 - Oct 28 with 2058 viewsSomethingBlue

We all wanted consistency from the manager so I think it is a bit much to go in strongly on him for keeping Wilson and Nsiala when they were doing fine. It was important he did. It was equally important that he changed it when things started to go wrong. We can't have it both ways.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

1 problem to fix on 10:09 - Oct 28 with 2023 viewslongtimefan

1 problem to fix on 09:12 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

I'm suggesting he doesn't bring enough of one on his own so I would rather see players capable of working together. A front 3 unit will contribute more than 3 individual players

Bar the goal, Edwards was the only other player to test their keeper with a shot on target. He was also just about the only player to take on defenders and beat them consistently.
1 problem to fix on 10:26 - Oct 28 with 1981 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 10:03 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

We all wanted consistency from the manager so I think it is a bit much to go in strongly on him for keeping Wilson and Nsiala when they were doing fine. It was important he did. It was equally important that he changed it when things started to go wrong. We can't have it both ways.

True to a degree but they are the margins where they earn the money. I don't think I've gone big after him on the defenders because I could see why he was doing it but I expect better and he shouldn't be waiting until we have been found out to make the change to improve us

1 problem to fix on 10:42 - Oct 28 with 1928 viewshype313

1 problem to fix on 10:26 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

True to a degree but they are the margins where they earn the money. I don't think I've gone big after him on the defenders because I could see why he was doing it but I expect better and he shouldn't be waiting until we have been found out to make the change to improve us

The problem being, is that everyone was shouting from the rooftops about the constant tinkering, when he decided on a settled team and shirt to lose then you couldn't argue about keeping them in when they only conceded two in 5 games.

For all Lamberts faults, and there are many, digging him out because he ain't Mystic Meg isn't one of them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

1 problem to fix on 10:42 - Oct 28 with 1926 viewsblueislander

1 problem to fix on 10:26 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

So basically you want him to have a crystal ball, and make the decision while those two have not cost us a game. I think we all recognize that they were always likely to make costly mistakes.
1 problem to fix on 10:44 - Oct 28 with 1914 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 10:42 - Oct 28 by blueislander

So basically you want him to have a crystal ball, and make the decision while those two have not cost us a game. I think we all recognize that they were always likely to make costly mistakes.

Err no i want him to understand they are 4th and 5th choice centre backs doing a job until we face a better team. Not exactly expecting a lot from a manager

1 problem to fix on 10:47 - Oct 28 with 1900 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

1 problem to fix on 09:10 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

I'll assume the last line is a genuinely opinion, when have you ever seen Edwards fill those spaces? Sears does that more often than he does. GE is very much a head down run in a line type player but that line is never towards the goal. That might be ok in a 442 but with our system it is utterly pointless.

We have to be filling the gap to Hawkins, we currently have 3 completely 3 disjointed options up there and then wonder why the attacks fizzle out

I never said Gwion works in the half spaces? I said he is the only one showing things?

Which he is, and again last night, very good turn of pace to get to byline and pull back for Sears (should have scored).

Very cute header for Ward in the build up to the goal, will probably go unnoticed.

The only one in that front three who is going to beat his man 1v1 right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

1 problem to fix on 10:51 - Oct 28 with 1878 viewsblueislander

1 problem to fix on 08:41 - Oct 28 by Vaughan8

Let’s face it, Hawkins really isn’t very good He really doesn’ hold the ball very well, and he doesn’t present any goal threat. In his defense the players around him don’t give him much support. It was nice not to have my heart in my mouth when the central defenders had the ball. There was one very ,simple factor in that they looked to carry the ball up to around the halfway line.
1 problem to fix on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 1833 viewsblueislander

1 problem to fix on 10:44 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Err no i want him to understand they are 4th and 5th choice centre backs doing a job until we face a better team. Not exactly expecting a lot from a manager

So you would have dropped them before the Doncaster game? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
1 problem to fix on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 1823 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 10:59 - Oct 28 by blueislander

So you would have dropped them before the Doncaster game? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Err yes that is why i posted that before the Doncaster game. Is that still hindsight?

1 problem to fix on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 1808 viewsblueislander

1 problem to fix on 11:00 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Err yes that is why i posted that before the Doncaster game. Is that still hindsight?

And you had seen McGuiness play at this level, and knew he was better than Wilson and Nsiala. ? Personally I would have played Woolfenden as soon as he was fully fit. Who I would have dropped is a real toss of a coin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024