Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 problem to fix 08:19 - Oct 28 with 3136 viewsBluefish

Now that we have finally stopped the ridiculousness of keeping your cover players in as 1st choice and Bishop had undoubtedly proved that he has to start. It leaves the issue only being the wide players, we all agree Hawkins has done well but he is horribly isolated. The 2 wide players must be looking to play towards him, at the moment we have players hogging the touchline and looking to run in a straight line to the byline. We are the best side in this league across defence and midfield by miles but it is painful to watch us struggle to make use if it.

My first choices wide would be Lankester and Dobra and after them it would be Bennetts and Judge, both give you a tidy option and a direct raw option. The vision, touch and movement of Lankester is on another level to the others and Dobra has the close control and low centre of gravity to make those yards inwards opposed to running into empty spaces in the corners.

We cannot keep doing the same things and expecting it to be different.

Taking so long to replace Wilson and Nsiala was ridiculous, why wait until we have thrown games away? The Bishop decision was made easier by the Downes injury and the Nolan red card but he has to play, if he doesn't play then Lankester has to fill in there.

PRP is not a rookie manager anymore, he is paid handsomely to be able to see these things and to sort it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 8:21]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

1 problem to fix on 11:12 - Oct 28 with 644 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 11:07 - Oct 28 by blueislander

And you had seen McGuiness play at this level, and knew he was better than Wilson and Nsiala. ? Personally I would have played Woolfenden as soon as he was fully fit. Who I would have dropped is a real toss of a coin.

As I posted at the time there were assumptions on Mcguiness but the reality is from the reports he had to be a better player than the makeshift pair we were using. I said I would have phased in Woolfenden initially for Wilson (but not a lot to choose) and then look to quickly bring in McGuiness when we then lost i said I would look to being them both in.

The manager should look to be full strength when possible. No one moaned when he made the change to bring Ward back after injury and no one moaned when he brought Hawkins back or brought Lankester in. Making changes to strengthen is not changes or tinkering for the sake of it

1 problem to fix on 11:45 - Oct 28 with 621 viewsArnoldMoorhen

1 problem to fix on 10:09 - Oct 28 by longtimefan

Bar the goal, Edwards was the only other player to test their keeper with a shot on target. He was also just about the only player to take on defenders and beat them consistently.

And you could really see the difference when Sears went off and Edwards was allowed to play on the left again.

Edwards on the left = potential match winner

Edwards on the right = does a job
1 problem to fix on 11:50 - Oct 28 with 621 viewsitfcjoe

Think it is now boiling down to a choice of Edwards or Sears on the left, with Lankester or Bennetts on the right. Judge just doesn't do enough in that role and realistically needs to be the furthest forward of a central 3 if we play a Huws or Downes alongside Dozzell.

Form and fitness suggests that Edwards has nailed down one of the wode roles, Sears has had opportunities but not done so, and Lankester and Bennetts have had limited looks......one of those 2 needs to grab a chance by the scruff of the nexk in this busy period we are in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

1 problem to fix on 11:52 - Oct 28 with 611 viewsreusersfreekicks

1 problem to fix on 11:50 - Oct 28 by itfcjoe

Think it is now boiling down to a choice of Edwards or Sears on the left, with Lankester or Bennetts on the right. Judge just doesn't do enough in that role and realistically needs to be the furthest forward of a central 3 if we play a Huws or Downes alongside Dozzell.

Form and fitness suggests that Edwards has nailed down one of the wode roles, Sears has had opportunities but not done so, and Lankester and Bennetts have had limited looks......one of those 2 needs to grab a chance by the scruff of the nexk in this busy period we are in

Spot on and refreshingly free of personal narrative and agenda....
Pedants Corner on 12:33 - Oct 28 with 589 viewsFunge

1 problem to fix on 10:09 - Oct 28 by longtimefan

Bar the goal, Edwards was the only other player to test their keeper with a shot on target. He was also just about the only player to take on defenders and beat them consistently.

Was that Woolf piledriver that their keeper tipped over at the NSL end on target?

Agree with the rest of the post. Edwards offered far more than Sears last night.
1 problem to fix on 13:43 - Oct 28 with 560 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 11:52 - Oct 28 by reusersfreekicks

Spot on and refreshingly free of personal narrative and agenda....

Yeah it is just my agenda that makes us struggle so much in the final 3rd. Silly me

1 problem to fix on 16:37 - Oct 28 with 530 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

1 problem to fix on 16:57 - Oct 28 with 525 viewsBluefish

1 problem to fix on 16:37 - Oct 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

They will just make less and they will contribute more to our overall play. It is a bit like saying we shouldn't sign a fit van dijk because Wilson and nsiala are doing OK. He would still make errors but the team would be better for it.

Login to get fewer ads

1 problem to fix on 18:02 - Oct 28 with 503 viewsgordon

1 problem to fix on 08:32 - Oct 28 by Dennyx4

I am not convinced on Hawkins either.

Strangely, you still fail to see the only threat in the front three yesterday was Edwards.

For me it is Edwards and two others at present.

For what it's worth, I think Hawkins is rubbish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024