Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team when all fully fit 09:33 - Oct 28 with 2479 viewshype313

Going to pose some interesting questions, does Chambers lose his place? Presume Norwood or Drinan would come in for Hawkins, the middle 3 will be Dozzer, Bishop and Downes but that's the only area where you can really hang your hat on definitive starters.

Something like this?

.................Holy............
KVY...Wolfie.....McGuiness....Ward
Bishop...Dozzell...Downes
Edwards...Norwood...Lankaster

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Team when all fully fit on 09:35 - Oct 28 with 1961 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree with that. Downes has to be the deep one though, it really isn't Dozzell's strong point, he can dictate from deeper positions, but the defensive side isn't.

Need an enforcer in there.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Team when all fully fit on 09:36 - Oct 28 with 1944 viewsBluefish

Front 3 is a no. The rest is probably about right but I expect Chambers will play most games, either covering for kvy or possibly kvy filling in ward and Chambers still at rb or as 1st choice cover for the 2 CBs

The front could possibly work if you switch the wide players over. They need to be pushed infield, especially with the roaming Norwood

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team when all fully fit on 09:36 - Oct 28 with 1953 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 09:35 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Agree with that. Downes has to be the deep one though, it really isn't Dozzell's strong point, he can dictate from deeper positions, but the defensive side isn't.

Yep, agreed

Team when all fully fit on 09:36 - Oct 28 with 1952 viewsChutney

Chambers has been our best player so don’t think he should be dropped and swap Edwards and JL around.
Team when all fully fit on 09:38 - Oct 28 with 1932 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 09:36 - Oct 28 by Chutney

Chambers has been our best player so don’t think he should be dropped and swap Edwards and JL around.

Yep, put them on the wrong side, agree about Chambers, it's hard to drop him given how well he has played but KVY offers so much more going forward, but the big question mark about him is fitness

Team when all fully fit on 09:39 - Oct 28 with 1913 viewsBluefish

Downes doesn't play that role to sit whereas Andre does. Downes can still do the tackling he just does it further up

Team when all fully fit on 09:39 - Oct 28 with 1920 viewsjayessess

Jackson over Norwood any time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team when all fully fit on 09:41 - Oct 28 with 1897 viewsBluefish

Team when all fully fit on 09:39 - Oct 28 by jayessess

He cannot play back to goal

Login to get fewer ads

Team when all fully fit on 09:42 - Oct 28 with 1899 viewsDyland

Cornell
KVY Wolf McGuinness Ward
Bishop Downes Doz
Bennetts Jackson Lankester

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Team when all fully fit on 09:43 - Oct 28 with 1891 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 09:39 - Oct 28 by jayessess

Not his strength though is it, even pre season it looked like he would be the fall guy in this new formation we are playing.

Team when all fully fit on 09:51 - Oct 28 with 1864 viewsDyland

You don't need to do the defensive midfield stuff from deep. Dozzers is the deep lying midfielder. The Downes enforcement role can play higher. They charge around, but with proper purpose and game management. Downes is excellent at this, but he's not a deep lying midfielder. Downes was basically a massive upgrade on Hyam.

Downes/Doz/Bish is a heavenly combination for Towen fans, not least because if they are all fit and have a run, it will actually work very well as well as it being misty blue eyed glasses time :)

COYFB
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 11:37]

Team when all fully fit on 09:57 - Oct 28 with 1845 viewsPJH

Team when all fully fit on 09:42 - Oct 28 by Dyland

Cornell
KVY Wolf McGuinness Ward
Bishop Downes Doz

I am yet to be convinced by Bennetts but I think that you have got our ten best footballers into a team there otherwise.

Very much doubt if that team will ever appear together though.

edit-it really is a pity that Sears, Huws and Judge all seem to underperform because all three of them should be outstanding at this level.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 10:01]
Not a lot of "leaders"..... on 10:01 - Oct 28 with 1826 viewsBloots

Cornell
KVY Wolf McGuinness Ward
Bishop Downes Doz

....or experience in that team Dyllers.

I can't really see any scenario where Chambo doesn't play (although I accept I'm a massive fan boy)

The midfield looks right, but not sure about that front line.

I think we may revert to a 4-2-3-1 type line up as we evolve.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Team when all fully fit on 10:02 - Oct 28 with 1822 viewsWickets

As KVY has been out for about a year and Luke Chambers is our skipper and one of our most consistant players this season seems a bit harsh .I remember thinking last season that Luke seems to be coming to an end and that old father time is catching him up but i think this season he has done really well .
Team when all fully fit on 10:08 - Oct 28 with 1784 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 10:02 - Oct 28 by Wickets

As KVY has been out for about a year and Luke Chambers is our skipper and one of our most consistant players this season seems a bit harsh .I remember thinking last season that Luke seems to be coming to an end and that old father time is catching him up but i think this season he has done really well .

I agree, but as well as Chambers has played, KVY is clearly a better player at RB, especially going forward. The question mark will be his fitness and if he can recapture his pre injury form.

Team when all fully fit on 10:32 - Oct 28 with 1747 viewsChrisd

It’s probably going to take KVY a while to get up to full match fitness, bearing in mind the length of time he’s been out for. I can see Chambers playing the majority of the season, but credit to him he’s been very consistent so far. Norwood is our best option centrally IMO, but will he comeback with that appetite to score goals and prove people wrong? At the moment, I’ve got my doubts.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Team when all fully fit on 10:36 - Oct 28 with 1725 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd plump for Cornell over Holy, as I'm not that convinced on Holy, Chambers for the young Arsenal lad and Hawkins in for Norwood.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team when all fully fit on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 1721 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 10:32 - Oct 28 by Chrisd

It’s probably going to take KVY a while to get up to full match fitness, bearing in mind the length of time he’s been out for. I can see Chambers playing the majority of the season, but credit to him he’s been very consistent so far. Norwood is our best option centrally IMO, but will he comeback with that appetite to score goals and prove people wrong? At the moment, I’ve got my doubts.

To be fair, it is 'On paper' but obviously there are a number of huge caveats for a few players in that starting lineup.

Team when all fully fit on 10:38 - Oct 28 with 1710 viewsWallingford_Boy

I’d agree with your team, although could maybe see Bennetts come in for Lankester in time.

Only issue is the striker, has to be Norwood, but far from convinced by him, but better option than Jackson.

Dozzell has to play the deeper role too, let Downes break things up further up the pitch.

RIP Sir Bobby

Team when all fully fit on 10:40 - Oct 28 with 1708 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't really see that being our centre-back partnership for the season, though I am delighted we have them both and they did well last night. It's a bit raw still. Certainly towards the end of that game there were a couple of mistimed jumps from McGuinness in particular that could have been costly — though for a first senior outing he looked very good. If we ever get KVY fit I think it needs to be Chambers + 1; just glad we have some good options, I don't really know that the best combo is at this point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team when all fully fit on 10:49 - Oct 28 with 1667 viewsPinewoodblue

Wouldn’t normally be in favour of playing a loanee over our own players but agree with playing Mcguinness since not expecting Toto, Wilson, nor Chambers to be on the playing staff next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Team when all fully fit on 11:12 - Oct 28 with 1619 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Cornell
KVY Wolf McGuinness Ward
Bishop Downes Doz

So where is Edwards our goal scorer and possibly best player this season? He would give cover for Ward on the left too!

Back 4 spot on until KVY returns and up n running!
Team when all fully fit on 11:13 - Oct 28 with 1604 viewsBluefish

Team when all fully fit on 11:12 - Oct 28 by BtreeBlueBlood

So where is Edwards our goal scorer and possibly best player this season? He would give cover for Ward on the left too!

Which games have you watched and thought Edwards was our best player?

Team when all fully fit on 11:15 - Oct 28 with 1596 viewsKieran_Knows

Team when all fully fit on 11:13 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Which games have you watched and thought Edwards was our best player?

Here we go, 10 pager incoming.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team when all fully fit on 11:32 - Oct 28 with 1569 viewsDyland

Team when all fully fit on 11:12 - Oct 28 by BtreeBlueBlood

I was naming what I think is our strongest side, if all fit and firing.

I did initially include both Chambers and Edwards as either/or options in their respective positions, for what it's worth ;)
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 11:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024