Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team when all fully fit 09:33 - Oct 28 with 2477 viewshype313

Going to pose some interesting questions, does Chambers lose his place? Presume Norwood or Drinan would come in for Hawkins, the middle 3 will be Dozzer, Bishop and Downes but that's the only area where you can really hang your hat on definitive starters.

Something like this?

.................Holy............
KVY...Wolfie.....McGuiness....Ward
Bishop...Dozzell...Downes
Edwards...Norwood...Lankaster

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not a lot of "leaders"..... on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 492 viewsDyland

Not a lot of "leaders"..... on 10:01 - Oct 28 by Bloots

....or experience in that team Dyllers.

I can't really see any scenario where Chambo doesn't play (although I accept I'm a massive fan boy)

The midfield looks right, but not sure about that front line.

I think we may revert to a 4-2-3-1 type line up as we evolve.

Or peeps with big forearms ;)

Agree about Chambers, in reality. Would also have Edwards as either/or options with Bennetts/Lankester. And fook, we could surely muster a 442 with Hawkins and Jackson up top.

Actually this is a totally pointless exercise innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Team when all fully fit on 11:37 - Oct 28 with 488 viewsDarth_Koont

Team when all fully fit on 09:35 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Agree with that. Downes has to be the deep one though, it really isn't Dozzell's strong point, he can dictate from deeper positions, but the defensive side isn't.

Need an enforcer in there.

I actually think Dozzell has got a lot better and noticeably stronger in defence this year. Don’t think that’s necessarily the same problem anymore. Especially if Downes is already there with one of Huws/Bishop/Nolan also being decent and combative enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

Team when all fully fit on 11:39 - Oct 28 with 484 viewsChrisd

Team when all fully fit on 10:37 - Oct 28 by hype313

To be fair, it is 'On paper' but obviously there are a number of huge caveats for a few players in that starting lineup.

For the short time that Drinan played at the beginning of the season he looked very good, his touch and hold up play was better than Hawkins. He also showed good movement at times, which Hawkins lacks. So he could potentially be another option.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 11:45]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Team when all fully fit on 11:49 - Oct 28 with 473 viewspointofblue

Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Ward
Bishop - Downes - Dozzell
Lankester - Jackson - Edwards

Substitutes: Cornell, Kenlock, McGuinness, Huws, Bennetts, Hawkins, Norwood

My big question is who the central striker; we have options but they !l have flaws. To balance the bench Nolan could come in for Hawkins or Norwood.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team when all fully fit on 11:51 - Oct 28 with 472 viewsreusersfreekicks

Team when all fully fit on 10:40 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

I don't really see that being our centre-back partnership for the season, though I am delighted we have them both and they did well last night. It's a bit raw still. Certainly towards the end of that game there were a couple of mistimed jumps from McGuinness in particular that could have been costly — though for a first senior outing he looked very good. If we ever get KVY fit I think it needs to be Chambers + 1; just glad we have some good options, I don't really know that the best combo is at this point.

Agree, think everyone getting carried away by last night's central defensive pairing
Mistakes for which others would get hauled up were made. And Gillingham were very poor. For me is one experienced and one younger. Atm would be Wolfenden and Wilson. Think Chambers central defence days are behind him
Team when all fully fit on 12:26 - Oct 28 with 445 viewsjayessess

Team when all fully fit on 09:41 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

He cannot play back to goal

He's better than Norwood playing in any direction.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team when all fully fit on 13:24 - Oct 28 with 422 viewsWoolfenthen

Team when all fully fit on 12:26 - Oct 28 by jayessess

He's better than Norwood playing in any direction.

HOLY

KVY WOOLFENDEN McGUINESS WARD

DOZZELL

DOWNES BISHOP

BENNETTS DRINAN EDWARDS

Subs:

Cornell, Chambers, Lankester, Huws, Jackson, Norwood and any one of below

Wilson, Skuse, Nolan, Donacien, Nydam, Judge, Ndaba, Sears, Nsiala, El Mizouni, Kenlock, Hawkins, Dobra, McGavin
Team when all fully fit on 14:06 - Oct 28 with 404 viewsLeightonBuzzardBlue

Team when all fully fit on 11:39 - Oct 28 by Chrisd

For the short time that Drinan played at the beginning of the season he looked very good, his touch and hold up play was better than Hawkins. He also showed good movement at times, which Hawkins lacks. So he could potentially be another option.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 11:45]

Can't help but agree with this. In this current system, we definitely have played best with Drinan up top. I hope he comes back soon
Login to get fewer ads

Team when all fully fit on 14:19 - Oct 28 with 393 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I pretty much agree but on form Chambers deserves to stay. KVY is clearly good but a relative small sample size. Right now i would have Norwood up top but interesting to see if Drinan picks up when he is back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Team when all fully fit on 14:22 - Oct 28 with 391 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 14:19 - Oct 28 by JammyDodgerrr

I pretty much agree but on form Chambers deserves to stay. KVY is clearly good but a relative small sample size. Right now i would have Norwood up top but interesting to see if Drinan picks up when he is back.

I was tempted to go with Drinan instead of Norwood, I suppose we really need to see how Norwood plays for a few games, if he comes back and isn't firing on all cylinders then least we know we have Drinan who will be chomping at the bit.

Team when all fully fit on 15:18 - Oct 28 with 363 viewsblueislander

Team when all fully fit on 14:22 - Oct 28 by hype313

I was tempted to go with Drinan instead of Norwood, I suppose we really need to see how Norwood plays for a few games, if he comes back and isn't firing on all cylinders then least we know we have Drinan who will be chomping at the bit.

Norwood or Hawkins ? What a choice! Of the little we have seen Drinan looks better than those two. With the footballers we have we shouldn't have to rely on lumping it up to a big man. We should be looking to get in behind defences by moving the ball quickly.
Team when all fully fit on 15:54 - Oct 28 with 350 viewsmonty_radio

Team when all fully fit on 15:18 - Oct 28 by blueislander

Norwood or Hawkins ? What a choice! Of the little we have seen Drinan looks better than those two. With the footballers we have we shouldn't have to rely on lumping it up to a big man. We should be looking to get in behind defences by moving the ball quickly.

I've been thinking about that - the fact that Drinan, without any previous suggestion of it, and without a goal to his name, on the back of two or three decent performances is parachuted onto so many people's lists. Mine too. And because he actually looks authentic in being both a good hold-up and lay-off man, but also athletic and mobile. Put simply: he looks the part.

But it does show how Town's circumstances make fools of us all when, like the management, we also play about in our imaginary selections with reinserting either or both of Norwood and Jackson into our current formation - neither of whom, in spite of whatever qualities they possess, are remotely capable of that hold-up role.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Team when all fully fit on 15:56 - Oct 28 with 349 viewshype313

Well thankfully for the first time in years we don't seem to be so reliant on strikers to score our goals as our wide and midfielders, this has been our achilles heel over the past 5-6 years and maybe why there has been so much pressure on the strikers, maybe that might help them going forward not having such a burden on them.

Team when all fully fit on 16:19 - Oct 28 with 338 viewsjayessess

The consensus that last season's non-penalty top scorer is definitely behind Hawkins, Norwood and Drinan for the centre forward position is just bizarre to me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team when all fully fit on 16:20 - Oct 28 with 336 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't worry about a team when all fit as will never happen!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team when all fully fit on 16:24 - Oct 28 with 331 viewshype313

Team when all fully fit on 16:20 - Oct 28 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't worry about a team when all fit as will never happen!

Yeah but it's fun hypothesizing like you do when you think about winning the lottery.

Team when all fully fit on 09:18 - Oct 29 with 258 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Yeah it's not about lumping it, but hawkins doesn't do enough to move defenders around for those runs to happen. Norwood and, at least earlier in the season, Drinan was doing that and gave us more openings. I like Jackson a lot and he would be better in a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1 for sure, but he is not great on his own up top.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024