Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently 19:02 - Oct 28 with 3079 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:50 - Oct 28 with 2500 viewsVic

A must watch for all town fans.

Though I couldn’t help wonder what fans of that lot up the road must think of us celebrating something from 20 yrs ago when they’ve done the same or similar several times since then.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:53 - Oct 28 with 2487 viewsFrimleyBlue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:50 - Oct 28 by Vic

A must watch for all town fans.

Though I couldn’t help wonder what fans of that lot up the road must think of us celebrating something from 20 yrs ago when they’ve done the same or similar several times since then.

They celebrated a win in Munich

We actually won something.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:55 - Oct 28 with 2475 viewsMullet

It is very very good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:58 - Oct 28 with 2468 viewsFrimleyBlue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:55 - Oct 28 by Mullet

It is very very good.

Superb video that.

Really makes you remember the simplicity of that squad.

The mcgreals. Mowbray. Venus.

Nothing fancy that other side's were desperate to sign... But we made the most of their experience.
Jermaine Wright. Holland. Such simple midfielders. Box to box. Knew their roles.

Interesting from DJ... 5 days of continuous coaching of the same routine.

Waka waka eh eh

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 20:01 - Oct 28 with 2442 viewstractorboy1978

When is Mogga coming home then?
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 20:01 - Oct 28 with 2449 viewsVic

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 19:53 - Oct 28 by FrimleyBlue

They celebrated a win in Munich

We actually won something.

Oh agreed! But not in the last 20 years. 20 years in which they have had most of the East Anglian bragging rights - and that even includes a season in league 1.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 20:03 - Oct 28 with 2443 viewsFrimleyBlue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 20:01 - Oct 28 by Vic

Oh agreed! But not in the last 20 years. 20 years in which they have had most of the East Anglian bragging rights - and that even includes a season in league 1.

Yeah. They'll celebrate them moments rightfully when the time comes.

Fair play to them.

Just hope one day. We can get some glory years back.

Waka waka eh eh

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:16 - Oct 28 with 2318 viewsitfcjoe

Brilliant stuff, quite emotional at the end and brings it all back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:22 - Oct 28 with 2300 viewsericclacton

I watched it, it's wonderful lump in the throat job.

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:22 - Oct 28 with 2302 viewsJakeITFC

Really well done, made me quite emotional which I wasn’t expecting.

Captures a moment in time where everything seemed to align - a wonderful mix of youth and experience, with quality all over. A manager, staff and boardroom who were all Ipswich through and through, and a fanbase that was patient but expectant, fully bought in to the plan.

I remember the flags and banners on the journey home so clearly - it seems a lifetime ago that it seemed like absolutely everybody in this area was so invested in Ipswich doing well. Really hope we can someday get back to that.
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:49 - Oct 28 with 2224 viewsRyorry

Not getting it I'm afraid, error message

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: DQc-CwhgZJl-10vI)"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:52 - Oct 28 with 2218 viewslazyblue

Amazing viewing and just love Stewies reaction to the last question .
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 22:14 - Oct 28 with 2179 viewsN2_Blue

Brilliant video.

I was 20 that glorious May day, and being at the final is still my best football experience and increasingly looking like it may never be surpassed in my lifetime.

Marcus Stewart was my favourite ever Town player....so seeing his reaction at the end to the definitely brought a tear to the eye...

Always thought DJ was a decent bloke and comes across so very humble.

I hope Paul Lambert and the current squad sit down and watch this together

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 2163 viewsReuser_is_God

Absolutely brilliant.

Think there will be so many of us on here that fell in love with Town because of that side.

Mogga & Stewart at the end though, bloody hell.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:18]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 22:26 - Oct 28 with 2131 viewsDublinBlue84

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 22:14 - Oct 28 by N2_Blue

Brilliant video.

I was 20 that glorious May day, and being at the final is still my best football experience and increasingly looking like it may never be surpassed in my lifetime.

Marcus Stewart was my favourite ever Town player....so seeing his reaction at the end to the definitely brought a tear to the eye...

Always thought DJ was a decent bloke and comes across so very humble.

I hope Paul Lambert and the current squad sit down and watch this together

Very weird he was the only player not in the end credits though, that appeared in the film

Oversight I assume, but still!

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 23:10 - Oct 28 with 2043 viewsSwansea_Blue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 21:49 - Oct 28 by Ryorry

Not getting it I'm afraid, error message

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: DQc-CwhgZJl-10vI)"

Ignore. I see Joe's posted it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 23:12]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 23:29 - Oct 28 with 2016 viewsSuffolktractor

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

Absolutely brilliant.

Think there will be so many of us on here that fell in love with Town because of that side.

Mogga & Stewart at the end though, bloody hell.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:18]

They say it’s only a game. Then you watch and remember this and see what it meant, and still means to the players and Mowbray and Stewart at the end had me in pieces.
It just reminds me of why we love and support our club so much.
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 23:44 - Oct 28 with 1996 viewsRyorry

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 23:10 - Oct 28 by Swansea_Blue

Ignore. I see Joe's posted it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 23:12]

Yeah, just got that but thanks anyway 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 00:12 - Oct 29 with 1962 viewsfloridablue

Thanks for posting as it's a fabulous trip back down memory lane for me. There at Wembley for this and the 78 cup final but missed the loss to Forest in the Charity Shield.
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 02:07 - Oct 29 with 1889 viewstractorboy1978

People always talk about what the players/staff offer a club but what is so clear from that documentary is what the club gave to those players/staff. It gave youngsters/lower league signings a chance and a great platform to go and play. It re-ignited the careers of the likes of Magilton, Venus and Mowbray. It gave a young, inexperienced manager in GB a chance and the tools to build a team over a period of time. It gave many of them their one and only chance to play (and manage!) in the PL (and Europe the season after!). Pretty much all of those involved are defined by their time at Ipswich when you look back at their careers.

Listening to Mogga speak brought a tear to the eye. I really hope he is back here as manager in the not so distant future. It makes me really sad that the ethos the club once had seems to have been eroded away season by season, we need someone with that affiliation to the club to nudge us back on track.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 2:09]
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 10:16 - Oct 29 with 1683 viewssolemio

A tear came unbidden to the eye.

TWTD when the chairman was a lifelong Ipswich fan and so were the other directors, we had a manager who was Ipswich through and through and had learnt from Sir Bobby. We had in Dale Roberts such an important component in the team and that should never be forgotten.

TWTD when the players really were a team of mature adults whatever their age. Holland, Mowbray, Naylor, Clapham and DJ were a core of steady characters.

What a lovely film.

Did anyone else feel like I did? I wasn't sure that we were better than Bolton before the two semis, but I was convinced before and all through the final that we were better than Barnsley. Credit to the Barnsley fans for the sporting way in which they took their defeat.

The home semi was a wonderful match and we were hugging people we hardly knew at the end. A more exciting match even than the final.
Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 10:26 - Oct 29 with 1663 viewsSwansea_Blue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 00:12 - Oct 29 by floridablue

Thanks for posting as it's a fabulous trip back down memory lane for me. There at Wembley for this and the 78 cup final but missed the loss to Forest in the Charity Shield.

Quite frightening to think that the time between SBR’s EUFA Cup winning team and that 99/00 side was shorter than between the 99/00 side and now. We’d had the Lyall years in between too. The last 19 years really have been a depressing period.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 11:38 - Oct 29 with 1592 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 10:26 - Oct 29 by Swansea_Blue

Quite frightening to think that the time between SBR’s EUFA Cup winning team and that 99/00 side was shorter than between the 99/00 side and now. We’d had the Lyall years in between too. The last 19 years really have been a depressing period.

Indeed, this has occurred to me on several occasions, very sad.

Incredible to think in 20 years between 1981 and 2001, we won the UEFA Cup, won the Championship (equiv), won the playoffs to the PL, played for circa half that period in the top flight and finished 5th one season.

Next 20 years, 2 relegations, 3 sniffs at the playoffs, and one decent cup run...

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 11:47 - Oct 29 with 1575 viewsbournemouthblue

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 11:38 - Oct 29 by BlueyandCrazy

Indeed, this has occurred to me on several occasions, very sad.

Incredible to think in 20 years between 1981 and 2001, we won the UEFA Cup, won the Championship (equiv), won the playoffs to the PL, played for circa half that period in the top flight and finished 5th one season.

Next 20 years, 2 relegations, 3 sniffs at the playoffs, and one decent cup run...

It's been a lean period but that's just how costly failing to go up under Royle has proved to be

The parachute payment system has killed us

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Andy Warren's Wembley 2000 video about to go live here apparently on 11:50 - Oct 29 with 1570 viewshype313

That semi final against Bolton is still the best game of football I have watched in my life, and as much as the 92 Promotion was brilliant, the raw emotion of those two legs after the previous years just took it to another level.

Quite blessed to have witnessed both promotions, obviously missed the 78 and 81 triumphs as I was a toddler, but those memories will live with me forever.

Great trip down memory lane, this time next year rodders....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024