Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's play a guessing game... 20:00 - Oct 28 with 5336 viewsBluefish

Who had the worst ball retention last night

I'll give you a clue, it is the same player that has been in the bottom 2 for it in every game that we have records for this season (usually last)

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 310 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 12:48 - Oct 29 by Bluefish

You didn't. Do try harder

You ignored it. That's proof enough for me that you know you're wrong.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:36 - Oct 29 with 307 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:11 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Lol transformed the attack by playing a free header to a free player

Keep overstretching for him, I'm sure it will work out for you one day

I'm starting to think you fancy Edwards a little bit.

Give it a rest lad.
Let's play a guessing game... on 14:36 - Oct 29 with 305 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 13:29 - Oct 29 by Bluefish

No dear not at all. The post is purely back to what you see on the pitch and Edwards gives it away more than everyone else as backed up in every game. Before these were produced people told me I was making it up and there was no stats to back up what is so obvious to see. Now that we have stats across a number of games we have to look for ways to discredit the stats instead.

Astounds me that people can't just watch the game and see it

What about the 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 games stat?!

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:39 - Oct 29 with 295 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 13:53 - Oct 29 by Bluefish

He has the worst control in the team by a large distance.

He doesn't attempt a lot, he generally runs in a straight line and then turns around and passes backwards or he runs in a straight line and attempts blind crosses to a usually empty box. The rest of the time he miscontrols it off the pitch or kicks into an empty space

He has a touch like Quaner or Sammon and the brain of priskin

This is another example of you being wrong about football.

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:49 - Oct 29 with 285 viewshype313

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:23 - Oct 29 by Bluefish

Apologies I was just expecting the usual abusive response, there aren't many posters on here interested in talking actual football tactics.

For some reason it is acceptable to post that Sears or Judge are struggling to fit our system but not ok to say the same about Edwards despite him being a less competent footballer in many ways. Judge has a far better touch and intelligence but no pace, sears is in the middle of both and Edwards has lots of pace but lacks a touch or intelligence.

I think we need wide forwards capable of linking the isolated Hawkins more and capitalising on the possession. Athe moment we pass around the back and midfield and the work it wide and it fizzles out. Dobra is a tricky ball carrier, tenacious and comfortable coming infield, Lankester has the touch a vision and is also comfortable coming infield. The ball to Edwards last week was sublime. Bennetts is more raw but has the size to eat up yards and move infield quickly. Edwards wants to hog the touchline and lacks vison and control, sears is similar.

I agree with you on Sears and Judge, and to be fair Edwards hasn't been anything like the player he was at Peterborough, in fact that flick over his head in the first game for us was the last time he done anything of note before this season.

And on this season, yes he does have deficiencies, but his goal return so far has been excellent, in fact as long as he continues his goal scoring form I can handle the odd bad touch, lets be honest, we're a 3rd tier club, we're not going to get a Zaha or his kind, whilst also we have been quite spoilt historically in that department, that I sometimes feel we compare current players to yesteryear, I know I have been guilty of that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:01 - Oct 29 with 274 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 14:49 - Oct 29 by hype313

I agree with you on Sears and Judge, and to be fair Edwards hasn't been anything like the player he was at Peterborough, in fact that flick over his head in the first game for us was the last time he done anything of note before this season.

And on this season, yes he does have deficiencies, but his goal return so far has been excellent, in fact as long as he continues his goal scoring form I can handle the odd bad touch, lets be honest, we're a 3rd tier club, we're not going to get a Zaha or his kind, whilst also we have been quite spoilt historically in that department, that I sometimes feel we compare current players to yesteryear, I know I have been guilty of that.

I can guarantee if we'd played any of Lankaster, Dobra or Bennetts instead of Gwion so far this season, none of them would have 5 goals and 2 assists. Lankaster's been eased in since injury, Dobra's still very raw, and Bennetts we knew next to nothing about (and there still isn't a great deal of evidence he should be replacing Gwion).

In short, Bluefisher is clueless. And rude with it. I'm not sure what makes him think his footballing knowledge is better than anyone else's on here.

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:03 - Oct 29 with 267 viewsSomethingBlue

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:01 - Oct 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can guarantee if we'd played any of Lankaster, Dobra or Bennetts instead of Gwion so far this season, none of them would have 5 goals and 2 assists. Lankaster's been eased in since injury, Dobra's still very raw, and Bennetts we knew next to nothing about (and there still isn't a great deal of evidence he should be replacing Gwion).

In short, Bluefisher is clueless. And rude with it. I'm not sure what makes him think his footballing knowledge is better than anyone else's on here.

I think it's just a way of channelling other boredom.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:06 - Oct 29 with 264 viewshype313

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:01 - Oct 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's perfectly entitled to his opinion on Edwards, and some of his statements are true, none of us expected that kind of return, but I just don't understand this constant pure hatred towards a player who has contributed 5 goals to our season so far, it's a strange point to constantly bang on about all the time.

I agree with Fishers on a number of points, I just struggle with his dogmatic viewpoint on a player, that historically hasn't been great by any stretch, but is contributing more than his fair share now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:07 - Oct 29 with 260 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 15:03 - Oct 29 by SomethingBlue

I think it's just a way of channelling other boredom.

Attacking the top scorer of the team you support on such a regular, rabid and condescending basis, seems an odd way to deal with boredom.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024