Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle 10:31 - Oct 29 with 4518 viewsBloomBlue

https://www.thejc.com/comment/leaders/this-is-the-beginning-not-the-end-1.507980

'British Jews were made to feel increasingly wary – to such an extent that nearly half considered leaving the country. That this could have happened in a modern democracy shames Labour.'
QED (n/t) on 13:56 - Oct 29 with 1399 viewsBloots

This thread isn't about Islamophobia..... on 11:40 - Oct 29 by monytowbray

Depends how many public literal anti-Semitic conspiracy theories Tory MPs can promote really. I don’t think there’s an issue with any exclusive racism in the Tory party, they tick every box.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 13:59 - Oct 29 with 1402 viewsBloots

This thread isn't about Islamophobia..... on 11:37 - Oct 29 by solomon

These posts do also eventually shine a light on those who accept racism and will blindly defend it.

....something to be chucked around like (and excuse this pathetic phrase) "a political football".

It should not be defended or justified in any way, no matter what your political persuasion is.

The point scoring by certain elements on here is frankly disgraceful.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:06 - Oct 29 with 1387 viewsSwansea_Blue

Starmer draining the swamp. Not sure why they’re going to have another investigation on top of an investigation, but whatever. A strong stance and sends out an important message that it won’t be tolerated, which is needed to try and rebuild trust.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 1353 viewsRyorry

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:06 - Oct 29 by Swansea_Blue

Starmer draining the swamp. Not sure why they’re going to have another investigation on top of an investigation, but whatever. A strong stance and sends out an important message that it won’t be tolerated, which is needed to try and rebuild trust.

It was a superb statement, I thought statesmanlike, honest & painful for him.

Covered every single possible base - like he was wanting to enclose a fungus-ridden tree in a cover which wouldn't let any diseased leaves escape, & send the whole thing off for fumigation!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:38 - Oct 29 with 1356 viewsElderGrizzly

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:06 - Oct 29 by Swansea_Blue

Owen Jones changes his mind based on the wind, but this is probably the best advice for anyone today

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:43 - Oct 29 with 1335 views26_Paz

Corbyn is a stain on public life. It’s an embarrassment that he was leader of her majesty’s opposition. Shameful. He should now disappear from public life for good.

The Paz Man

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:53 - Oct 29 with 1327 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:38 - Oct 29 by ElderGrizzly

Owen Jones changes his mind based on the wind, but this is probably the best advice for anyone today

Probably good advice for people wanting to engage, although many seem to put the cult of the personality ahead of all, so I wonder how many actually will read it. I imagine Twitter is a cesspit today.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:01 - Oct 30 with 1276 viewsBlueBadger

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 14:43 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

Corbyn is a stain on public life. It’s an embarrassment that he was leader of her majesty’s opposition. Shameful. He should now disappear from public life for good.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) by BlueBadger 30 Oct 2020 15:24
Yeah, you tell 'em.

Imagine being the sort of brainwashed coward who'd blindly support an openly bigoted party leader in the face of your apparent declared commitment to opposing bigotry with absolutely no sense of self-awareness or irony.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 0:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:12 - Oct 30 with 1249 viewsHARRY10

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 11:05 - Oct 29 by BloomBlue

Classic response it's OK for Labour and it's supporters to hate Jewish people because the Tories hate Muslims, and to to think it's the left wing who keep quoting whataboutery

No, that's just you lying again

If you are talking about Labour as one entity, then that must include all those Jewish labour members ............ as well as Starmer et al

Which I would have thought even you could grasp..... apparently not, it would seem
Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:17 - Oct 30 with 1246 viewsDarth_Koont

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:01 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) by BlueBadger 30 Oct 2020 15:24
Yeah, you tell 'em.

Imagine being the sort of brainwashed coward who'd blindly support an openly bigoted party leader in the face of your apparent declared commitment to opposing bigotry with absolutely no sense of self-awareness or irony.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 0:57]

?

You aren’t this stupid.

Pronouns: He/Him

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:42 - Oct 30 with 1219 viewsHARRY10

Are you saying that Labour members voted the 'wrong way ?'
Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:57 - Oct 30 with 1205 viewsjeera

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 23:12 - Oct 30 by HARRY10

No, that's just you lying again

If you are talking about Labour as one entity, then that must include all those Jewish labour members ............ as well as Starmer et al

Which I would have thought even you could grasp..... apparently not, it would seem

Exactly.

It was a stupid and insulting post.

My late father's family were/are Jewish and I vote Labour so what point is this idiot trying to prove?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Spot on by the Jewish Chronicle on 00:04 - Oct 31 with 1200 viewsSpruceMoose

Your mother didn't just drop you on your head as a child, she punted you into the ceiling fan. Your brain must resemble lasagne at this point for all the sense you make.

Isn't it hard for you to keep this anti-racist role play up while you continue to celebrate Trump and Johnson's hateful rhetoric. Sadly for you, nobody is buying your act.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 0:09]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 00:53 - Oct 31 with 1175 viewsBlueBadger

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 13:59 - Oct 29 by Bloots

....something to be chucked around like (and excuse this pathetic phrase) "a political football".

It should not be defended or justified in any way, no matter what your political persuasion is.

On both sides.

Both the smug Tory hypocrites going 'look at those terrible bigots' and 'you have to look at the context' the Corbynista 'but Boris' cultists making all sorts of torturous semantic excuses for their own lot's half arsed approach to their own racism.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 13:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 04:58 - Oct 31 with 1113 viewsmonytowbray

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 13:59 - Oct 29 by Bloots

Problem with the whole “point scoring” accusations is they never play out well for those who accuse others of it.

Have you been taking lessons from [redacted]?

There’s a lot of head in the sand in these threads from both sides yes, but it’s also perfectly possible for such reports to open up wider discussions on these problems in society rather than pretending it’s an exclusive Labour problem.

You can have those discussions and it not instantly be a political football. You can say with much certainty accountability goes beyond just one from of racism and one party. That’s not factually incorrect or morally borked.

Trust me, this post will age well. I’m sure I’ll get accused of “hindsight” still though. DW, I’m used to it. I’ve watched TWTD go from “RAWR VEGANS ARE OPPRESSING ME AND [INSERT MENTAL BACKFLIP]” to regular threads about which milk alternative to use, yet I’ve seen some of those posters claim my input here was nothing to do with that. I was also accused of PPS with the gov’s handling of COVID in March and same old.

You can lead a horse to water...
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 5:05]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 06:36 - Oct 31 with 1097 viewsNewcyBlue

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 04:58 - Oct 31 by monytowbray

Problem with the whole “point scoring” accusations is they never play out well for those who accuse others of it.

Have you been taking lessons from [redacted]?

There’s a lot of head in the sand in these threads from both sides yes, but it’s also perfectly possible for such reports to open up wider discussions on these problems in society rather than pretending it’s an exclusive Labour problem.

You can have those discussions and it not instantly be a political football. You can say with much certainty accountability goes beyond just one from of racism and one party. That’s not factually incorrect or morally borked.

Trust me, this post will age well. I’m sure I’ll get accused of “hindsight” still though. DW, I’m used to it. I’ve watched TWTD go from “RAWR VEGANS ARE OPPRESSING ME AND [INSERT MENTAL BACKFLIP]” to regular threads about which milk alternative to use, yet I’ve seen some of those posters claim my input here was nothing to do with that. I was also accused of PPS with the gov’s handling of COVID in March and same old.

You can lead a horse to water...
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 5:05]

Who said vegans were oppressing them?!?

I worry you take some stuff far too seriously, especially that tone is hard to get across on here.

I know there were some discussions about the methods some vegans use to get their point across, I’ve never seen anyone say they felt oppressed by vegans though.

In March you seemed to be having some sort of breakdown, there were some of us who were concerned for you and certainly engaged with you on the subject.

It’s not always you versus the forum.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 06:53 - Oct 31 with 1091 viewsmonytowbray

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 06:36 - Oct 31 by NewcyBlue

Who said vegans were oppressing them?!?

I worry you take some stuff far too seriously, especially that tone is hard to get across on here.

I know there were some discussions about the methods some vegans use to get their point across, I’ve never seen anyone say they felt oppressed by vegans though.

In March you seemed to be having some sort of breakdown, there were some of us who were concerned for you and certainly engaged with you on the subject.

It’s not always you versus the forum.

If you didn’t see any posts essentially saying that then you weren’t paying attention I’m afraid.

“Live and let live” is usually the response of someone combatting what they feel is needless oppression and it was used often.

F*ck any human’s right to eat animals beyond literal survival. There, I said it. And I refuse to apologise. Because it is the correct stance.

TWTD never forgets…

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 07:01 - Oct 31 with 1088 viewsNewcyBlue

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 06:53 - Oct 31 by monytowbray

If you didn’t see any posts essentially saying that then you weren’t paying attention I’m afraid.

“Live and let live” is usually the response of someone combatting what they feel is needless oppression and it was used often.

F*ck any human’s right to eat animals beyond literal survival. There, I said it. And I refuse to apologise. Because it is the correct stance.

Honestly I didn’t see any posters say they felt oppressed by vegans.

The Vegan debate has always been interesting.

I really enjoy my food, and am much more plant based than I used to be.

I really need to give this quorn fillet a go. I’ve got them in the freezer. I might do my honey mustard sauce for it. Although I normally slow cook the chicken, and from what I am aware of quorn fillets don’t slow cook too well. So I reckon it will be make the sauce, then throw in the quorn fillets for the last 15 mins.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 09:50 - Oct 31 with 1064 viewsmonytowbray

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 07:01 - Oct 31 by NewcyBlue

Honestly I didn’t see any posters say they felt oppressed by vegans.

The Vegan debate has always been interesting.

I really enjoy my food, and am much more plant based than I used to be.

I really need to give this quorn fillet a go. I’ve got them in the freezer. I might do my honey mustard sauce for it. Although I normally slow cook the chicken, and from what I am aware of quorn fillets don’t slow cook too well. So I reckon it will be make the sauce, then throw in the quorn fillets for the last 15 mins.

I’ve got into making my own seitan. Easy and cheap, and you have the freedom to flavour as you please.

I recommend it!

TWTD never forgets…

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 11:31 - Oct 31 with 1044 viewsRyorry

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 06:53 - Oct 31 by monytowbray

As Newcy says, all the objections I saw, including my own posts, were not to veganism itself but your methods of trying to convert people to it, including "you might as well eat your pet dog" etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 11:44 - Oct 31 with 1036 viewssolomon

Discrimination of any sort isn't.... on 11:31 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

As Newcy says, all the objections I saw, including my own posts, were not to veganism itself but your methods of trying to convert people to it, including "you might as well eat your pet dog" etc.

Is that a South Korean cook book?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024