Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. 12:25 - Oct 29 with 1974 viewsFixed_It

Having to hide the tears from the missus because she just wouldn't understand....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:31 - Oct 29 with 1943 viewsKeno

Just explain your love for Mogga, Stewie and the lads and I'm sure she will be very understanding

or think you are coming out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:33 - Oct 29 with 1938 viewsIllinoisblue

Marcus Stewart at the end... oh boy. Did me in. Aside from the emotion, two things stood out; me not remembering Jermaine Wright’s shot that nearly went in. Dragged it just wide. And of course, Sheepy. Yes it all went wrong but you can see how much the club means to him.

Oh, funny how Matt Holland hasn’t aged yet Mark Venus has turned into a grandfather!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:35 - Oct 29 with 1912 viewshype313

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:33 - Oct 29 by Illinoisblue

Marcus Stewart at the end... oh boy. Did me in. Aside from the emotion, two things stood out; me not remembering Jermaine Wright’s shot that nearly went in. Dragged it just wide. And of course, Sheepy. Yes it all went wrong but you can see how much the club means to him.

Oh, funny how Matt Holland hasn’t aged yet Mark Venus has turned into a grandfather!

I was surprised at how much Veno has aged, but to be fair we are talking 20 years ago and he was in his 30's then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:37 - Oct 29 with 1905 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where can the docu be found?

I remember watching it on TV, soooo jealous of the fans who were there!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:39 - Oct 29 with 1885 viewshype313

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:37 - Oct 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Where can the docu be found?

I remember watching it on TV, soooo jealous of the fans who were there!!

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:40 - Oct 29 with 1869 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:39 - Oct 29 by hype313

Didnt work for some reason.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:40 - Oct 29 with 1866 viewshype313

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:40 - Oct 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:40 - Oct 29 with 1870 viewsFixed_It

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:40 - Oct 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-wembley-2000-documentary-1-6905486

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Login to get fewer ads

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:42 - Oct 29 with 1850 viewsPJH

I have not watched it yet but tears will be inevitable when I do.

I still have a VHS tape recording of the whole SKY programme from that day including before and after the game, I will one day do something about getting it converted to DVD.
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:47 - Oct 29 with 1830 viewsWickets

One of my memories is walking away from the ground and Barnsley fans shouting at us to celebrate but most of us just couldn't as the tears where streaming !
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:56 - Oct 29 with 1795 viewsFixed_It

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:42 - Oct 29 by PJH

I have not watched it yet but tears will be inevitable when I do.

I still have a VHS tape recording of the whole SKY programme from that day including before and after the game, I will one day do something about getting it converted to DVD.

It brought back memories of the day, but also showed how much it meant to everyone connected with the Club (and Stewie's reaction - OMG!). It also underlined just how far we have fallen, and how generally devoid of joy the last 20 (well, 19) years have been.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:56 - Oct 29 with 1790 viewsVic

Glad I’m not the only one! And glad my mrs was out when I watched it. It was Mogga & Stewie at the end that got me - especially Mogga.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 12:57]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 15:04 - Oct 29 with 1593 viewsIPS_wich

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:56 - Oct 29 by Vic

Glad I’m not the only one! And glad my mrs was out when I watched it. It was Mogga & Stewie at the end that got me - especially Mogga.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 12:57]

Me too. I had moist nostalgia eyes for most of it, but that last 30 seconds with Mogga and Stewie was the trigger for some proper streaming.

I have such strange memories of that team and era. From 96-01 I lived in Yorkshire and then Hampshire. Only got to Portman Rd 2-3 times a season but managed 15-18 away games a season. I qualified for a Wembley ticket due to my away games record. Was such a joy to go to away games and see us pass teams off the park.

Bizarrely, as we were leaving Wembley me and my dad got interviewed by BBC Radio Yorkshire who were covering the game from a Barnsley perspective. My dad gave a few very generous and complimentary comments about Barnsley. I then had the mic shoved in my face and I think managed “WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE, WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!” before they turned the mic off.
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 15:31 - Oct 29 with 1542 viewsPJH

Just watched it and you are so right about the tears.

What a day and it was great to see how much it really meant and still means to those that were on the inside.
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 15:59 - Oct 29 with 1477 viewsusm

OMFG

Mogga and Stewie at the end ....

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 16:30 - Oct 29 with 1393 viewsChurchman

It’s a wonderful documentary. It captured the mood of the time and brought back so many great memories.
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 16:39 - Oct 29 with 1377 viewsjaykay

3 things what stood out for me
1 david johnson doesn't seem to age at all
2 as it was at the other end, from us fans i didn't realise how good good a save that was by wrighty when we 3:2 up near the end.
3. my thoughts only, jermaine wright was so under rated.
p.s. bam bam ended up being the david geddis of the 78 cup final

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 22:43 - Oct 30 with 1059 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Just watched it on youtube.
Bit dusty in Pinewoods living room.
F@ckin brilliant account of the magnificent play off semi and Wembley final.
What a magnificent club we support.
Through all the crap that the club has been through,, absolutely proud as punch to follow Town.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 23:49 - Oct 30 with 1012 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:33 - Oct 29 by Illinoisblue

I believe we should have won the final 6-1. Naylor had a straightforward chance to make it 4-1 when we were dominating. All he had to do was lob the keeper and he completely messed it up. Had he scored we would have put them to the sword like we had earlier in the season at Portman Road.

Instead we had 10 minutes when it felt like they would score at any second to make it 3-3. Jermaine Wright going down with cramp took the sting out of the game as Barnsley never regained the momentum the had before Wilnis replaced Wright.

Harry Bassett is convinced Barnsley would have won in extra-time, says our ageing defenders would have found it difficult as they were knackered.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 08:18 - Oct 31 with 892 viewsChurchman

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 23:49 - Oct 30 by The_Last_Baron

I believe we should have won the final 6-1. Naylor had a straightforward chance to make it 4-1 when we were dominating. All he had to do was lob the keeper and he completely messed it up. Had he scored we would have put them to the sword like we had earlier in the season at Portman Road.

Instead we had 10 minutes when it felt like they would score at any second to make it 3-3. Jermaine Wright going down with cramp took the sting out of the game as Barnsley never regained the momentum the had before Wilnis replaced Wright.

Harry Bassett is convinced Barnsley would have won in extra-time, says our ageing defenders would have found it difficult as they were knackered.

The last chunk of the game was excruciating. We went from looking like smashing them to desperately hanging on after the second penalty. No wonder we went berserk when Reuser killed it. It reminded me of the Highbury FA Cup Semi Final where we had a similar spell of torment until Mr Wark buried the third.
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 08:33 - Oct 31 with 884 viewsPJH

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 08:18 - Oct 31 by Churchman

The last chunk of the game was excruciating. We went from looking like smashing them to desperately hanging on after the second penalty. No wonder we went berserk when Reuser killed it. It reminded me of the Highbury FA Cup Semi Final where we had a similar spell of torment until Mr Wark buried the third.

You are exactly right about the comparison between the Reuser goal and Warky's-in both cases when the ball hit the net it was "that's it, we are there."
Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 10:41 - Oct 31 with 802 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 12:56 - Oct 29 by Fixed_It

It brought back memories of the day, but also showed how much it meant to everyone connected with the Club (and Stewie's reaction - OMG!). It also underlined just how far we have fallen, and how generally devoid of joy the last 20 (well, 19) years have been.

Following Town from 2002-05 and for most of Jim's time in charge was great. Since Jim left it has been dire apart from a couple of seasons under Mick.

The Royle era was fantastic and the 07-08 home form was the best since the Robson era.

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 10:46 - Oct 31 with 794 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ok so I've just watched the Play-Off documentary. on 08:18 - Oct 31 by Churchman

Great comparison with Highbury '78. That whole match is on YouTube with David Coleman commentating. It was an incredible match, the noise is fantastic.

I've never seen the play off final again apart from the highlights. Maybe one day it will end up on YouTube.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 10:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024