Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statistics hey.... 15:13 - Oct 29 with 770 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Beating top six sides is irrelevant if you win all the others! Far too much credence is given to beating those sides who might finish near the top. Getting ninety points is the aim, wherever they come from. Oh and five of the bottom six sides we are yet to play.
The reason for my post is that statistics can be used to win or lose any argument.
Statistics hey.... on 15:21 - Oct 29 with 743 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Statistics hey.... on 15:26 - Oct 29 with 720 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Sounds good, but we won't beat every other side, just the nature of football that we will even have slips against poorer sides (MK DONS for example).

You won't finish top 6 if you can't beat half decent sides who takes their chances.

Its not the Gillinghams and Crewes that will define our season, it wll be the Sunderland or Hull games after.

We will fall short again. Combination of both manager and quality of player.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Statistics hey.... on 16:28 - Oct 29 with 671 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Statistics hey.... on 15:26 - Oct 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Sounds good, but we won't beat every other side, just the nature of football that we will even have slips against poorer sides (MK DONS for example).

You won't finish top 6 if you can't beat half decent sides who takes their chances.

Its not the Gillinghams and Crewes that will define our season, it wll be the Sunderland or Hull games after.

This time last season everyone was saying the same - no one mentioned that the threat would be Coventry, Rotherham or Wycombe. My point is that statistics or history count for nothing. Sunderland are now in their third season in this league.
I do get the impression that you are hoping we fail!
Statistics hey.... on 16:29 - Oct 29 with 669 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To a degree you are right but if we are going to do anything other than finish rock bottom of the Championship, we will need to beat teams that are that standard and better. Yes, we need to get there first but we also need to be building a team ready for it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Statistics hey.... on 16:42 - Oct 29 with 652 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Statistics hey.... on 16:29 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

To a degree you are right but if we are going to do anything other than finish rock bottom of the Championship, we will need to beat teams that are that standard and better. Yes, we need to get there first but we also need to be building a team ready for it.

Good valid point NSB and one with which I concur. It is just that this is still very early days, and your point will become more valid in the second half of the season. Right now 19 points from 9 games is fine by me.
Promotion though I agree with this squad would be rather daunting!
Statistics hey.... on 16:47 - Oct 29 with 636 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Statistics hey.... on 16:42 - Oct 29 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Good valid point NSB and one with which I concur. It is just that this is still very early days, and your point will become more valid in the second half of the season. Right now 19 points from 9 games is fine by me.
Promotion though I agree with this squad would be rather daunting!

I disagree. This squad with the odd addition should be good enough to survive in the Championship. The fact that at the moment it clearly isn't still concerns me. I want Lambert to succeed and there is no way we get rid while we are in this position, but I cannot see enough green shoots until we can beat sides in the top 6.

Statistics hey.... on 16:49 - Oct 29 with 631 viewsStenvict

Statistics hey.... on 16:28 - Oct 29 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

This time last season everyone was saying the same - no one mentioned that the threat would be Coventry, Rotherham or Wycombe. My point is that statistics or history count for nothing. Sunderland are now in their third season in this league.
I do get the impression that you are hoping we fail!

I'm with you. Blackpool away was seen as a very difficult game before we played them, and many would have expected us to lose or ar least draw. We beat them comfortably and all of a sudden everyone is saying Blackpool aren't very good. I'm not too bothered about beating teams that are 'Top 6' as long as we beat the sh1t in this league. I would just hope we go up automatically though.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Statistics hey.... on 16:53 - Oct 29 with 625 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Statistics hey.... on 16:49 - Oct 29 by Stenvict

I'm with you. Blackpool away was seen as a very difficult game before we played them, and many would have expected us to lose or ar least draw. We beat them comfortably and all of a sudden everyone is saying Blackpool aren't very good. I'm not too bothered about beating teams that are 'Top 6' as long as we beat the sh1t in this league. I would just hope we go up automatically though.

We do need to go up automatically.

We also need to stop rating teams on their name.

Until we can actually beat half decent sides we are not ready for promotion. It is no good going up to simply bounce back down again.

Login to get fewer ads

Statistics hey.... on 20:02 - Oct 29 with 547 viewsKeno

Not strictly true

If you beat a team you are level on point with you go three point ahead of them and they become three point behind you

if you beat a below 10 point below you but a team you are level on points with wins they you and that team are still on the same points

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Statistics hey.... on 10:22 - Oct 30 with 388 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Statistics hey.... on 15:26 - Oct 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Losing to top 6 sides is giving them an advantage & Not having your key players & strikers fit doesnt help.
We need to big up those game’s but focus on the next 1.
How do we approach the cup games? Full team or just getting fringe players game time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024