Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia 11:58 - Oct 30 with 3178 viewsSomethingBlue

Shame Cyprus has just been taken off the travel corridor, sure we'd have all been up for that weekender.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:13 - Oct 30 with 2476 viewsBiGDonnie

Would be great if a load of Town fans went over and gave him some massive support for his first game. We'll call it an apology on behalf of the numbskulls.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:21 - Oct 30 with 2437 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised he hasn't got a top Championship job. He'd be top of my list if I was a Championship owner. Sacrifice style of play for a couple of seasons for the end result.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:42 - Oct 30 with 2356 viewsKieran_Knows

Not a bad job to go in to!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:46 - Oct 30 with 2335 viewsJakeITFC

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:21 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

Surprised he hasn't got a top Championship job. He'd be top of my list if I was a Championship owner. Sacrifice style of play for a couple of seasons for the end result.

He hasn’t been promoted from the championship in about 12 years.
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:59 - Oct 30 with 2296 viewsDubtractor

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:46 - Oct 30 by JakeITFC

Yep. He was poorly treated by some of our fans, but to the outside world he did a sold but unspectacular job here, not the sort of thing to get ambitious clubs queuing up for his services.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:03 - Oct 30 with 2279 viewsJ2BLUE

So what? It's not like he's had 12 years at a club with a realistic chance of promotion is it?

Truly impaired.

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:09 - Oct 30 with 2252 viewsJ4ck22

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:59 - Oct 30 by Dubtractor

Yep. He was poorly treated by some of our fans, but to the outside world he did a sold but unspectacular job here, not the sort of thing to get ambitious clubs queuing up for his services.

Really? All I ever heard from other fans was that he was massively overachieving with us and we'd have been foolish to get rid of him.
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:13 - Oct 30 with 2243 viewsfooters

Nice little job for MM, that. Can imagine him and TC on the beach, enjoying the sun and a few pina coladas. Well deserved.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:18 - Oct 30 with 2230 viewsBergholt_Blue

Sun, sea and hoof ball.

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:21 - Oct 30 with 2208 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice pay packet, warm climate, European football...don’t think he could get a more cushty little number if he tried

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:25 - Oct 30 with 2202 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 2196 viewsBryanPlug

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:13 - Oct 30 by footers

Nice little job for MM, that. Can imagine him and TC on the beach, enjoying the sun and a few pina coladas. Well deserved.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:29 - Oct 30 with 2170 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I'd like to ship a few of our fans over there...for good.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:41 - Oct 30 with 2114 viewsJakeITFC

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:03 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

So what? It's not like he's had 12 years at a club with a realistic chance of promotion is it?

It was inferred in your post that hiring Mick was a golden ticket to promotion - I was just replying that he hasn't done it in a long time.
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:46 - Oct 30 with 2104 viewsJermynblue

It will be interesting to see how well he does out there. In the past he has suggested that he has never had the opportunity to manage a team which has a chance of winning the league. Well, here is his chance, albeit in Cyprus. I feel in recent years he had become more concerned about not losing games rather than winning games (a point is a prisoner which you don't let go etc). At Apoel he won't be able to set up that way even if they have had a disappointing start to the season.
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:15 - Oct 30 with 2008 viewsKeaneish

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:13 - Oct 30 by BiGDonnie

Would be great if a load of Town fans went over and gave him some massive support for his first game. We'll call it an apology on behalf of the numbskulls.

Wouldn’t it have been easier and cheaper to do that in Ireland?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:35 - Oct 30 with 1986 viewsIwasthere

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 12:13 - Oct 30 by BiGDonnie

So posts the biggest numbskull of all. What's stopping you going over to that football hot bed and giving him a big kiss?
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:49 - Oct 30 with 1947 viewsBlueBadger

How many times has he been relegated from the Championship in that time?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:51 - Oct 30 with 1954 viewsJakeITFC

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:49 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

How many times has he been relegated from the Championship in that time?

What use would that be to a top Championship club?
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:52 - Oct 30 with 1941 viewsBlueBadger

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:51 - Oct 30 by JakeITFC

What use would that be to a top Championship club?

Well, I suppose it's a better watermark of competence than 'buys beers for the fans, gets his clubs relegated'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:54 - Oct 30 with 1938 viewsJakeITFC

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:52 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

Well, I suppose it's a better watermark of competence than 'buys beers for the fans, gets his clubs relegated'?

Ok and how is that relevant to anything we are talking about?
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:57 - Oct 30 with 1926 viewsDubtractor

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 15:52 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

Yeah, you've gone a bit Roger Irrelevant here mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 16:08 - Oct 30 with 1904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

2009 which is 11 years ago. One year longer ago than Lambert last got a promotion on his CV.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 16:09 - Oct 30 with 1902 viewsgtsb1966

And here lies the problem... His style of play will not get you promoted. He has done some decent jobs in his time but is now yesterday's man. He will never get a Premier or championship job again.
Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 16:24 - Oct 30 with 1881 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick set to take over at Apoel Nicosia on 13:41 - Oct 30 by JakeITFC

It was inferred in your post that hiring Mick was a golden ticket to promotion - I was just replying that he hasn't done it in a long time.

I think he would get a top 6 Championship team promoted, no trouble.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024