Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Dear Boris...." 12:23 - Oct 30 with 362 viewsThe_Major

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/29/delia-smith-writes-to-prime-min
(No subject) on 12:26 - Oct 30 with 336 viewsStokieBlue

That entire letter is written from the perspective of someone not under tier 3 restrictions. Most of the things she lists aren't allowed under tier 3 (meeting other households outside or groups of more than 6 outside).

I do obviously sympathise with smaller clubs (not Norwich who are rolling in PL money) and with us supporters but it seems crazy to me to be looking at getting people into grounds when the cases are increasing and the deaths are above 300 per day now.

Realistically we should be doing the opposite of opening things like football and entertainment venues but obviously that also has difficulties with regards to jobs etc.

There isn't an easy solution.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Dear Boris...." on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 290 viewsThe_Major

Spot on.

Living in Nodge (Well, Thorpe) myself, we're not at crisis point yet, but nevertheless, the cases are still rocketing up, partly fuelled by the UEA.

Can quite easily see us in Tier 2 by November 10.
"Dear Boris...." on 14:06 - Oct 30 with 245 viewsmonytowbray

I do think if the poshos can go hunting in big groups and send their staff back to work then us plebs should be allowed back into stadiums.

It's one or the other really isn't it? It's either safe to mix in limited capacity in all scenarios or none.

I like the idea of having gatherings of more than six but charging your mates a couple of quid to hang out. If it's transactional it's work surely? ;)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024