Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town 6 Crewe 4 14:21 - Oct 30 with 1699 viewsJackSted

My first ever Town game (well, the first that I remember lol) I was 6.

Remember sitting in the Cobbold lower and from that day I was hooked, unfortunately. Never seen us in the Prem and my most memorable moment is Priskins goal v Arsenal or Andersons against nodge. Jesus how depressing.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 14:56 - Oct 30 with 1640 viewsGeoffSentence

Man that game was frustrating. We'd score and be happy, then they came back and get right back in it time and time again. Obviously I was happy at the end, but I think they equalised three times and I was getting so fed up with that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 14:58 - Oct 30 with 1638 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I remember it well.

Such a surreal feeling. You would expect a game like that to be really enjoyable but it was combination of how rubbish we were to concede 4 and how rubbish they were too.

I have certainly seen far worse games but I have also seen better.

Every match since must have been a disappointment in terms of goals at least!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 15:35 - Oct 30 with 1587 viewsfactual_blue

That Crewe game was, IIRC correctly, sponsored by Suffolk's theatrical knights, Sir Peter Hall and Sir Trevor Nunn.

(You can look 'em up)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 16:01 - Oct 30 with 1535 viewsblueislander

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 15:35 - Oct 30 by factual_blue

That Crewe game was, IIRC correctly, sponsored by Suffolk's theatrical knights, Sir Peter Hall and Sir Trevor Nunn.

(You can look 'em up)

I saw Trevor Nunn act at Northgate. Soon after the theatrical star there was Jack Emery who had the immense good fortune to marry Joan Bakewell.
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 18:25 - Oct 30 with 1443 viewsstrikalite

Who remembers Town 0 Crewe(bottom of the table)1...

Rained all afternoon....

From what I remember they passed us off the pitch..
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 19:01 - Oct 30 with 1418 viewsITFC_Forever

I can remember that day / evening too, my mate and his fiancé (now wife) asked me to be their best man that evening.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 19:29 - Oct 30 with 1376 viewsClapham_Junction

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 18:25 - Oct 30 by strikalite

Rained all afternoon....

That was the first time I saw Town lose in person (although the score was 1-2 I think?), having been attending matches (infrequently) since 1991. Even managed to avoid seeing us lose in 94/95, although this was partially because I didn't manage to get into the Arsenal game (Burley's first?) as they ran out of tickets when we were about three people from the turnstiles.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 19:31]
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 20:25 - Oct 30 with 1321 viewsblueislander

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 19:29 - Oct 30 by Clapham_Junction

That was the first time I saw Town lose in person (although the score was 1-2 I think?), having been attending matches (infrequently) since 1991. Even managed to avoid seeing us lose in 94/95, although this was partially because I didn't manage to get into the Arsenal game (Burley's first?) as they ran out of tickets when we were about three people from the turnstiles.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 19:31]

I don’t doubt your story per se. but I don’t think matches were all ticket then . Was it not that the police decided that the ground was full, and they decided to close the stand?
Login to get fewer ads

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 20:58 - Oct 30 with 1278 viewspatrickswell

Rained all afternoon....

Never happened at Portman Road, though I do remember us coming from a goal down to beat them at Portman Road in 2005 when it rained and they out-passed us in the first half.
Darren Currie scored a peach of a free-kick.
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 22:08 - Oct 30 with 1230 viewsClapham_Junction

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 20:25 - Oct 30 by blueislander

I don’t doubt your story per se. but I don’t think matches were all ticket then . Was it not that the police decided that the ground was full, and they decided to close the stand?

It wasn't an all ticket match - they just sold out and closed the turnstiles while we were still in the queue.
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 22:48 - Oct 30 with 1189 viewsChurchman

Rained all afternoon....

I think the score was 2-1 but maybe wrong. I remember it rained like hell before, during and after and though we were expected to and needed to win, but never really got going. We were awful. A really depressing afternoon.

The 6-4 game was truly bizarre. I went with a couple of work friends, one who follows the scum, the other avid Alex fan. We concluded in the Drum & Monkey after the chaos the teams had agreed rush goalie was the order of the day. The standard was awful, some of the goals extraordinary, particularly one from Kuqi when he hammered it in with the ‘wrong foot’. It could easily have been 5-5. The only scores that came close for me was a 4-4 with Charlton and a 5-4 I think against Newcastle in the 70s.
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:01 - Oct 30 with 1177 viewsN2_Blue

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 22:48 - Oct 30 by Churchman

I think the score was 2-1 but maybe wrong. I remember it rained like hell before, during and after and though we were expected to and needed to win, but never really got going. We were awful. A really depressing afternoon.

The 6-4 game was truly bizarre. I went with a couple of work friends, one who follows the scum, the other avid Alex fan. We concluded in the Drum & Monkey after the chaos the teams had agreed rush goalie was the order of the day. The standard was awful, some of the goals extraordinary, particularly one from Kuqi when he hammered it in with the ‘wrong foot’. It could easily have been 5-5. The only scores that came close for me was a 4-4 with Charlton and a 5-4 I think against Newcastle in the 70s.

the 4-4 with Charlton if it's the same game was my 2nd ever Town game, must have been about 1990 or 1991. I recall we led 2-0 and 4-2 i think.

Thompson and Dozzer Snr became my favourite players, they both scored but think it was thmn both scoring against Nodge in the first prem season a year or so later in a 2-0 /3-1 double. Sigh...when will that ever happen again!?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:31 - Oct 30 with 1154 viewsKieran_Knows

I remember that game quite vividly too. Was 11 at the time, and sat in Sir Alf lower with my Auntie who had started taking me to Town games.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:34 - Oct 30 with 1149 viewsstrikalite

Well maybe I'm wrong as both you and Patrickswell are saying 2-1 now, just thought I remember us being close to the top and Crewe rock bottom and by using the whole width of the pitch they outplayed us and we lost one nil, but hey I'll take the 2-1 don't get me wrong..
Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:38 - Oct 30 with 1143 viewsbournemouthblue

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 14:58 - Oct 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I remember it well.

Such a surreal feeling. You would expect a game like that to be really enjoyable but it was combination of how rubbish we were to concede 4 and how rubbish they were too.

Can remember not feeling overly worried about Crewe despite them scoring a few, we still seemed to be in charge

A bit of a freak game really, it certainly showed the merits of Dean Ashton who we no doubt would have signed had we have been promoted

Instead the jammy Budgies got him instead

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:41 - Oct 30 with 1139 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Miller scored a belter early on and Dean Ashton's volley was the pick of the ten.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 23:46 - Oct 30 with 1135 viewsKropotkin123

Town 6 Crewe 4 on 14:58 - Oct 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I remember it well.

There were some quality goals that game though. To quote Phil...

Miller's two goals were struck perfectly and he was unlucky not to notch a hat-trick. Kuqi took his two well, although may have had another prior to Crewe's second, while Reuser and Couñago, like Miller, hit contenders for the Town goal of the season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024