Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boycott Morrison’s 18:59 - Oct 30 with 4754 viewsIpswichKnight

Evening folks

Can I ask you all for a small favour. Morrison’s are giving our hard working teachers a well earned 10% discount however they’ve decided that 6th form teachers don’t qualify. My wife is a 6th form teacher and works equally hard as primary and secondary if you can tweet Morrison’s and tell them what a bad call this is my wife and her brilliant colleagues would be very grateful.
Boycott Morrison’s on 20:15 - Oct 30 with 4513 viewsHARRY10

Do you mean a 'bad decision ?'
Boycott Morrison’s on 22:08 - Oct 30 with 4294 viewsuefacup81

They've made a few similarly poor decisions this year.

Back when supermarkets were struggling they announced priority shopping times for key workers. My sister, a care worker, went along with her official letter stating she was a key worker and was refused access as she was 'just a carer'.

It rankles a little given how they've issues badges and uniforms to their staff that shout loud and proud about their key worker status.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Boycott Morrison’s on 22:09 - Oct 30 with 4285 viewsSpruceMoose

That seems like a ridiculous decision. What are they thinking?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boycott Morrison’s on 09:39 - Oct 31 with 4030 viewstivo

They didn't have to give anyone a discount.

They have decided who gets one.

Your wife doesn't get one. Get over it!

Go somewhere else if you want to, don't tell me to boycott somewhere because you cannot get your 10% off, Aldi and Lidl are open. Twot
Boycott Morrison’s on 09:48 - Oct 31 with 4005 viewsnodge_blue

Well my partner is a teacher assistant in a primary class and she for some reason doesn't get a discount either. But to be honest Im not that bothered. Its a gesture and not worth worrying about.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Boycott Morrison’s on 09:56 - Oct 31 with 3986 viewsHerbivore

Should we not boycott the supermarkets that aren't offering any discount to any teachers? I appreciate it's frustrating and doesn't seem very logical but at least they're trying to do something positive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boycott Morrison’s on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 3981 viewsfooters

But they do stock decent white pudding and some nice pies. There are limits to a man's solidarity, y'know.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boycott Morrison’s on 10:37 - Oct 31 with 3913 viewsJimmyJazz

Boycott Morrison’s on 09:58 - Oct 31 by footers

But they do stock decent white pudding and some nice pies. There are limits to a man's solidarity, y'know.

Which pies do you recommend? I may have to pay Morrisons a visit

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Boycott Morrison’s on 13:55 - Oct 31 with 3790 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am a teacher and appreciate the sentiment. However, I also feel we have received full salary throughout this and are not those in the greatest need. I shall certainly consider donating my savings to a worthy charity.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Boycott Morrison’s on 14:05 - Oct 31 with 3730 viewsFoD_Blue

Boycott Morrison’s on 13:55 - Oct 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am a teacher and appreciate the sentiment. However, I also feel we have received full salary throughout this and are not those in the greatest need. I shall certainly consider donating my savings to a worthy charity.

Totally agree. There are a lot of people who have been unable to work and must be wondering how they are going to feed their families and pay their mortgages. Do teachers really need a discount when they are working and on full pay.
I work in Aerospace and have seen many of my friends and colleagues made redundant. I feel like I am just about clinging onto my own job at the moment. To see people who are still maintaining their income complaining about discounts seems somewhat selfish.
Boycott Morrison’s on 15:17 - Oct 31 with 3607 viewsgainsboroughblue

There are people who have lost their jobs completely and not getting any kind of discount.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Boycott Morrison’s on 16:08 - Oct 31 with 3453 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm not boycotting a supermarket for trying to do something good.
Boycott Morrison’s on 16:22 - Oct 31 with 3383 viewswkj

Boycott Morrison’s on 09:39 - Oct 31 by tivo

Go somewhere else if you want to, don't tell me to boycott somewhere because you cannot get your 10% off, Aldi and Lidl are open. Twot

DVR is better

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boycott Morrison’s on 16:25 - Oct 31 with 3362 viewsfooters

Boycott Morrison’s on 10:37 - Oct 31 by JimmyJazz

Which pies do you recommend? I may have to pay Morrisons a visit

My recommendation is to wait for yellow sticker time, grab two steak and ales for less than a quid and have yourself a party.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boycott Morrison’s on 16:43 - Oct 31 with 3308 viewsmonytowbray

You sound like Ely or SpivvyChops.

That or an IP based in Moscow.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Boycott Morrison’s on 18:07 - Oct 31 with 3155 viewspennyfathersleg

I’m an English and maths tutor. I don’t get a discount either.

I’ll still shop at Morrison’s.
Boycott Morrison’s on 18:17 - Oct 31 with 3116 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

So speaking the truth is classed as abuse now? What has the world come to?
Boycott Morrison’s on 21:59 - Oct 31 with 2885 viewsitfc_bucks

Plus, you appear misinformed. This is from their Facebook page. Now the boy about sixth form teachers...

You told us, we've listened. To say thank you to our nation's teachers, from Monday our 10% discount will now also include all employed staff at nurseries and colleges.
And we're continuing to offer our very hard working NHS workers a 10% discount. Thank you.

Ts&Cs apply. Valid nursery, school or college photo ID required. Includes all school employed staff for: Private nurseries, Local authority nurseries, Pre - Schools, Primary, Secondary, Private and Special Educational Schools, Sixth Form Colleges and Further Education Colleges.
See my.morrisons.com/discounts for details.
Boycott Morrison’s on 09:29 - Nov 1 with 2611 viewsgazzer1999

https://my.morrisons.com/teachers/
Boycott Morrison’s on 09:51 - Nov 1 with 2576 viewsMonkeyAlan

They have to have a cut off point somewhere. If you don't like it go somewhere else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024