Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've asked this question before... 11:19 - Oct 31 with 2208 viewsBarneycurley

Regarding the political persuasion on this forum. I used to think it was reasonably balanced but its gone so hard left in a few years its incredible.

Of course it could be put down to the fact a tory government has been in power a long time but literally every thread is a government bashing exercise. Its so, so tedious. Its the same old faces regurgitating the same old stuff.

I for one can't wait for some change in government if not to just loosen up some of the hatred that seems to flow from people on here.

Get a grip people.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I've asked this question before... on 11:22 - Oct 31 with 1680 viewsBluefish

It hasn't gone hard left at all. We have a couple of hard left posters and they stand out on here. It seems left because most of us centrists are further left than the government now but that is because we have a disgrace of a government.

I am a traditional tory voter that left them at the last election. I wouldn't say that makes me a lefty
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 12:32]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I've asked this question before... on 11:24 - Oct 31 with 1678 viewssyntaxerror

What makes you say it's 'Hard' Left?
I've asked this question before... on 11:25 - Oct 31 with 1659 viewsSwailsey

Snowflake.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I've asked this question before... on 11:29 - Oct 31 with 1647 viewsEnigma_Blue

The Tories get a bashing on here because they are in Government and are making a right royal f*ck up of everything right now. I would like to think that if a left leaning party was in power and making as big a hash of things the hard left on here would be bashing them on a a daily basis.

Regardless of people's political leanings the very least we all want and should expect is a government that is in some way competent.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 11:30]
I've asked this question before... on 11:29 - Oct 31 with 1634 viewsfooters

I've asked this question before... on 11:24 - Oct 31 by syntaxerror

What makes you say it's 'Hard' Left?

A fundamental misunderstanding of politics I'd imagine.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I've asked this question before... on 11:33 - Oct 31 with 1616 viewsBarneycurley

I've asked this question before... on 11:29 - Oct 31 by footers

A fundamental misunderstanding of politics I'd imagine.

Your'e a sanctimonious old helmet

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I've asked this question before... on 11:33 - Oct 31 with 1619 viewsSteve_M

Can you think of any reasons why people might have good reason to criticise this incompetent, self-interested shower of a government? Or indeed it's immediate predecessor?

It remains fairly mixed politically, by no means a political echo chamber but when the government is as bad as this one is then there will be a lot of criticism. It has badly mishandled a global pandemic that would have tested any government but is at the same time totally blase about the enormous disruption and costs the end of the EU transition period will cause in only a few weeks time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've asked this question before... on 11:34 - Oct 31 with 1600 viewsfooters

I've asked this question before... on 11:33 - Oct 31 by Barneycurley

Thanks

Login to get fewer ads

I've asked this question before... on 11:35 - Oct 31 with 1595 viewssolomon

Right left or middle of the road, we are all different and thank god we are, the one thing that unites most of us is our rejection of racism in ALL its forms.
I've asked this question before... on 11:36 - Oct 31 with 1565 viewsRyorry

I've asked this question before... on 11:35 - Oct 31 by solomon

Right left or middle of the road, we are all different and thank god we are, the one thing that unites most of us is our rejection of racism in ALL its forms.

... and ITFC?

Just sayin ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've asked this question before... on 11:39 - Oct 31 with 1573 viewsKropotkin123

It isn't a question of Conservatives vs Labour. This is your assumption. I think they are both bad for democracy.

As for them specifically
- The Conservatives have tanked the economy and have created massive economic instability
- The Conservatives have caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people (this is not limited to Covid19) with an inadequate response to Covid19, years of underfunding the NHS and awarding big contracts to private capitalist who have consistently failed on their objectives and promises.
- The Conservatives have inflicted year of austerity on the poorest members of society created a massive rise in income inequality that far outstrips other MEDCs
- The Conservatives have undermined the UK judicial system and further separated the electorate from the legislative through clientelism.

I've lived in other countries. The standard of living for all doesn't have to be this bad. These are policy choices by people who would help their mates than our citizens.

Get some perspective.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 11:43]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I've asked this question before... on 11:41 - Oct 31 with 1557 viewssolomon

I've asked this question before... on 11:36 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

... and ITFC?

Just sayin ...

Of course
I've asked this question before... on 11:42 - Oct 31 with 1556 viewsJ2BLUE

Some truth to the OP. This site is a little bit of an echo chamber and some people get a little carried away predicting things like Brexit/elections for their side and then are surprised when it goes the other way.

Has to be said though, there are quite a few right wingers on here but they tend not to be seen so much as they generally struggle to string a sentence together. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've asked this question before... on 11:43 - Oct 31 with 1558 viewsDyland

"Hard left"? Lol.

You need to get a grip as well.

Nothing to do with left/right/centre whatever, and all to do with party politics and self interest. Johnson, Cummings and his cronies, backed by whoever, and call those interests nefarious or entrepreneurs or however you wish to look at it, would be vaguely tolerable if they were dealing with this crisis in a half competent or at the very least honest manner. They are not. They are incompetent and an abject stain on our political system. They've silenced a lot of their own, the ones with some integrity and experience and competence. They are a disgrace.

You don't need to be left wing or even particularly liberal minded to call this out.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I've asked this question before... on 11:43 - Oct 31 with 1543 viewspointofblue

I’m traditionally centre right but the fact is this government has made a complete mess of everything put before them. Therefore the criticism is going to be widespreading and vicious, especially as it now effecting both people’s lives and livelihoods to such a horrific extent.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I've asked this question before... on 11:44 - Oct 31 with 1536 viewsBLUEGOLD

I've asked this question before... on 11:35 - Oct 31 by solomon

Apart from Paz of course.

He loves a racist
I've asked this question before... on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 1517 viewsm14_blue

“Hard left” 😂😂😂😂
I've asked this question before... on 11:56 - Oct 31 with 1464 viewsBasuco

The present government has moved so far to the right that MP's like David Cameron and Teresa May are now looking left wing extremist's. I believe that British politics has lurched to the far right making this board look left wing.
I've asked this question before... on 11:57 - Oct 31 with 1456 viewsCaptMickMills

I'm not hard left at all but an inept, incompetent corrupt government deserves challenging. This is not a party political point but I want the UK government of whichever party to be capable, knowledgeable and have integrity where even if I disagree with their policies I believe they are doing what they think is best for the country rather thsnnkining their own and their cronies pockets
I've asked this question before... on 11:58 - Oct 31 with 1451 viewsfooters

I've asked this question before... on 11:56 - Oct 31 by Basuco

The present government has moved so far to the right that MP's like David Cameron and Teresa May are now looking left wing extremist's. I believe that British politics has lurched to the far right making this board look left wing.

It was the radical left stuff like feeding hungry children that really tipped 'em over the edge.

I've asked this question before... on 12:12 - Oct 31 with 1393 viewsJ2BLUE

I've asked this question before... on 11:58 - Oct 31 by footers

It was the radical left stuff like feeding hungry children that really tipped 'em over the edge.

Scum bag.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There's only a handful of what I'd call.... on 12:13 - Oct 31 with 1395 viewsBloots

...."hard left" on here, but they are fairly vocal and mainly off their heads mental.

The main body of the board leans heavily to the left, but as you say that's probably just because of the knobbers we have in government at the moment and a general human nature to rally against the majority and say "look at me aren't I cool" (while they work for big businesses and drink coffee from Starbucks).

There's a few old school Tories, who get labelled as racist/homophobes/islamaphobes/capitalist scum (delete as applicable) by lefties.

And then there's the rest of us, who just watch everyone making turds of themselves whilst keeping our own thoughts to ourselves.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I've asked this question before... on 12:14 - Oct 31 with 1386 viewsfactual_blue

It's partly because those you perceive as providing 'balance' can't keep to the terms and conditions of the site, and get banned.

As an aside, the site's pusillanimous ageism policy is being referred to the ECHR.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've asked this question before... on 12:14 - Oct 31 with 1381 viewsBasuco

I've asked this question before... on 11:33 - Oct 31 by Barneycurley

I'm not old I am 37.
suq on 12:14 - Oct 31 with 1382 viewsDyland

There's only a handful of what I'd call.... on 12:13 - Oct 31 by Bloots

...."hard left" on here, but they are fairly vocal and mainly off their heads mental.

The main body of the board leans heavily to the left, but as you say that's probably just because of the knobbers we have in government at the moment and a general human nature to rally against the majority and say "look at me aren't I cool" (while they work for big businesses and drink coffee from Starbucks).

There's a few old school Tories, who get labelled as racist/homophobes/islamaphobes/capitalist scum (delete as applicable) by lefties.

And then there's the rest of us, who just watch everyone making turds of themselves whilst keeping our own thoughts to ourselves.

Lambert out.

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024