Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If lockdown is announced... 16:24 - Oct 31 with 1406 viewsSwailsey

Will football be suspended too? Potentially a stupid question.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

If lockdown is announced... on 16:25 - Oct 31 with 1392 viewswkj

Not if we're in 1st or 2nd place it wont.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If lockdown is announced... on 17:02 - Oct 31 with 1222 viewsjeera

I hope not. If people are shut in then at least it's one thing for fans to have to cling on to once or twice a week.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If lockdown is announced... on 17:21 - Oct 31 with 1123 viewsBasuco

It will be a full UK lock down, but with schools, pubs, shops, cinemas and restaurants remaining open. We will be told don't go outside your house unless you want to.
If lockdown is announced... on 17:24 - Oct 31 with 1088 viewsSomethingBlue

Nope. Definitely not in the Premier League — the testing & bubbles are working well. In the Football League I wish they'd get a grip on the testing, Lambert alluded to it the other day and it has to be a worry. But I would be very surprised if this season was suspended.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If lockdown is announced... on 17:26 - Oct 31 with 1055 viewskizaitfc

If lockdown is announced... on 17:21 - Oct 31 by Basuco

It will be a full UK lock down, but with schools, pubs, shops, cinemas and restaurants remaining open. We will be told don't go outside your house unless you want to.

Pubs shops and restaurants will close!

Takeaway only

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

If lockdown is announced... on 17:28 - Oct 31 with 1035 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

If lockdown is announced... on 17:21 - Oct 31 by Basuco

You must live up north.
If lockdown is announced... on 17:28 - Oct 31 with 1027 viewsgazzer1999

Yes, all stopped and current positions used for promotion. I hope we then vote like Wycombe to say the season needs to be stopped and not completed.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 17:37]
If lockdown is announced... on 17:32 - Oct 31 with 990 viewsbournemouthblue

If lockdown is announced... on 17:24 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

Nope. Definitely not in the Premier League — the testing & bubbles are working well. In the Football League I wish they'd get a grip on the testing, Lambert alluded to it the other day and it has to be a worry. But I would be very surprised if this season was suspended.

That boils down to the smaller sides not wanting to pay for tests

Ipswich were up for it I believe?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

If lockdown is announced... on 17:33 - Oct 31 with 979 viewsbournemouthblue

If lockdown is announced... on 17:28 - Oct 31 by gazzer1999

Yes, all stopped and current positions used for promotion. I hope we then vote like Wycombe to say the season needs to be stopped and not completed.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 17:37]

with Wycombe relegated

Oh the irony!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If lockdown is announced... on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 825 viewsSpruceMoose

Already my social media feeds are full of people I know having 'one last get together!' with multiple friends. Hugs and kisses all over the place.

People are beyond help.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If lockdown is announced... on 17:59 - Oct 31 with 800 viewsjeera

If lockdown is announced... on 17:55 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

Already my social media feeds are full of people I know having 'one last get together!' with multiple friends. Hugs and kisses all over the place.

People are beyond help.

They still don't see they are part of the reason.

With the football at least with a reasonable approach of a testing system for the players and ifollow et al, it gives fans something.

But as others have pointed out, if the clubs won't/can't pay for that, then what?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If lockdown is announced... on 18:11 - Oct 31 with 730 viewspointofblue

I imagine they'll want to keep football going; similar to television production as it gives people something to concentrate on throughout lockdown. Of course the Premier League has provisions in place to prevent spreading the virus but the same can't be said for the EFL.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If lockdown is announced... on 18:15 - Oct 31 with 708 viewsOldsmoker

If lockdown is announced... on 17:02 - Oct 31 by jeera

I hope not. If people are shut in then at least it's one thing for fans to have to cling on to once or twice a week.

Do we need football to stay sane?
wibble.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If lockdown is announced... on 18:17 - Oct 31 with 686 viewspointofblue

If lockdown is announced... on 17:02 - Oct 31 by jeera

I wonder if the government may put pressure on the Premier League to take games off pay-per-view too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If lockdown is announced... on 22:46 - Oct 31 with 478 viewsbadadski

If lockdown is announced... on 18:17 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

I wonder if the government may put pressure on the Premier League to take games off pay-per-view too.

football is a workplace for footballers and it’s pretty tough for them to play from home
unlesswe start up online tournaments transferring to real points so the answer is no.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 22:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024