Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough Strikers 16:49 - Oct 31 with 4413 viewsblueprint

How is it that year in year out Peterborough manage to get strikers who can score week in week our.? They invariably sell them but always manage to get a decent replacement in.
Peterborough Strikers on 16:56 - Oct 31 with 4334 viewsBlueBadger

Because they have a competent manager and scouting set up?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Peterborough Strikers on 16:58 - Oct 31 with 4307 viewsbilllm

Peterborough Strikers on 16:56 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

Because they spend money
Peterborough Strikers on 16:58 - Oct 31 with 4305 viewswkj

As big a div as he is, they chairman is a footy man too. it makes a huge difference.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Peterborough Strikers on 17:18 - Oct 31 with 4189 viewsfactual_blue

It's something to do with Bolton, I gather.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Peterborough Strikers on 17:23 - Oct 31 with 4166 viewsbournemouthblue

They always seem to have a very competent replacement lined up

They are excellent at monitoring the lower leagues and finding the gems. Their biggest failing really is they fail ever to kick on when they do make it to the Championship.

In many ways, they do what Brentford have done in the Championship albeit at League One level
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 17:23]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Peterborough Strikers on 17:27 - Oct 31 with 4128 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

There are very good players playing in the lower leagues, you just have to have the right people to spot them. Unfortunately we haven't got those people.
Peterborough Strikers on 17:32 - Oct 31 with 4084 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Part of the reason is because a striker knows it is a good opportunity to be in the shop window and potentially progress to a bigger club. Posh management also recruit on the understanding of developing the player to sell on and have a track history to back that up. We were really keen on Norwood before you guys came in for him and I do wonder how his career would be now if he had joined Posh.
Peterborough Strikers on 17:33 - Oct 31 with 4075 viewsIpswich24

Peterborough Strikers on 17:27 - Oct 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

There are very good players playing in the lower leagues, you just have to have the right people to spot them. Unfortunately we haven't got those people.

Difference is they play attacking football with quick players up top. Our play us so slow and ponderous, if we even did sign striker they got he wouldn't do anything because of type of football we played. If they had Kayden Jackson he would score 20+. Mark my words they will hammer us when we play them.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough Strikers on 17:33 - Oct 31 with 4072 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Peterborough Strikers on 16:58 - Oct 31 by billlm

Because they spend money

As well as these two things, they play a system that showcases the strikers too.

We seem more obsessed with possession than creating chances at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Peterborough Strikers on 17:37 - Oct 31 with 4037 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Peterborough Strikers on 17:33 - Oct 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

As well as these two things, they play a system that showcases the strikers too.

We seem more obsessed with possession than creating chances at the moment.

We are a boring side to watch. Sideways, back, forward, back, sideways and so on. There were plenty of opportunity's to play a through ball today, but the players seem programmed into keeping the ball rather than using it. We won, which is great, but it ain't pretty.
Peterborough Strikers on 17:39 - Oct 31 with 4022 viewsbournemouthblue

Peterborough Strikers on 17:32 - Oct 31 by SuffolkPOSH

Part of the reason is because a striker knows it is a good opportunity to be in the shop window and potentially progress to a bigger club. Posh management also recruit on the understanding of developing the player to sell on and have a track history to back that up. We were really keen on Norwood before you guys came in for him and I do wonder how his career would be now if he had joined Posh.

Better than it has at Town I fear

Posh know League One and have a blueprint of how to tackle it. We are still rebuilding after a shocking spell under Hurst. The jury is still out on Lambert, I think he wants to do the right thing but it's debatable whether he's the right man for the long run, we will see!

Peterborough Strikers on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 3927 viewsjaykay

is that the team who have been in this league 2013 ? so it hasn't got them out of league 1 having a competent manager

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Peterborough Strikers on 18:18 - Oct 31 with 3876 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Peterborough Strikers on 17:55 - Oct 31 by jaykay

is that the team who have been in this league 2013 ? so it hasn't got them out of league 1 having a competent manager

Posh have had several managers in that time including the awful Steve Evans. He left in Jan 2019. We are rebuilding under Fergie who's previous term was 2011-15.

We have been mediocre for a few years but things are looking up.
Peterborough Strikers on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 3745 viewsjaykay

Peterborough Strikers on 18:18 - Oct 31 by SuffolkPOSH

Posh have had several managers in that time including the awful Steve Evans. He left in Jan 2019. We are rebuilding under Fergie who's previous term was 2011-15.

We have been mediocre for a few years but things are looking up.

so if i read that right fergie has a relegation to div 1 , like lambert

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Peterborough Strikers on 19:35 - Oct 31 with 3697 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Peterborough Strikers on 19:17 - Oct 31 by jaykay

so if i read that right fergie has a relegation to div 1 , like lambert

Yes, we got relegated in the 2012/13 season after losing to Crystral Palace in the last game of the season. A draw would have kept us up and we were 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go. We would have also stayed up irrespective if we lost if Barnsley had lost to Huddlesfield, or was it the other way round, but there game ended in a boring draw with both teams hardly trying at the end, think Germany/Austria in the 1986 world cup. Infact one player even sat down on the pitch as the fans were singing "Yorkshire, Yorkshire" and EFL should have really penalised both clubs for such blatant behaviour.

IMO Fergie was unlucky as Posh were relegated with what I believe was a record number of points (55). TBH considering the size of our club and the gates we get he did well to keep us in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think Fergie also got Preston relegated and many fans debate if he is any good or just got lucky with a chairman willing to back him.
Peterborough Strikers on 20:04 - Oct 31 with 3636 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That’s their business model. Everything seems to be focused on complimenting the latest and greatest before they sell him on. Whilst they’ve done ok on occasion it’s hardly been a great success in terms of league position over the years has it.
Peterborough Strikers on 20:07 - Oct 31 with 3623 viewsbournemouthblue

Peterborough Strikers on 19:35 - Oct 31 by SuffolkPOSH

Yes, we got relegated in the 2012/13 season after losing to Crystral Palace in the last game of the season. A draw would have kept us up and we were 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go. We would have also stayed up irrespective if we lost if Barnsley had lost to Huddlesfield, or was it the other way round, but there game ended in a boring draw with both teams hardly trying at the end, think Germany/Austria in the 1986 world cup. Infact one player even sat down on the pitch as the fans were singing "Yorkshire, Yorkshire" and EFL should have really penalised both clubs for such blatant behaviour.

IMO Fergie was unlucky as Posh were relegated with what I believe was a record number of points (55). TBH considering the size of our club and the gates we get he did well to keep us in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think Fergie also got Preston relegated and many fans debate if he is any good or just got lucky with a chairman willing to back him.

He rather amusingly ruled himself out of the Ipswich job when literally no one had ruled him in

Peterborough Strikers on 20:46 - Oct 31 with 3558 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Peterborough Strikers on 20:04 - Oct 31 by PrideOfTheEast

That’s their business model. Everything seems to be focused on complimenting the latest and greatest before they sell him on. Whilst they’ve done ok on occasion it’s hardly been a great success in terms of league position over the years has it.

"it’s hardly been a great success in terms of league position over the years has it."

But the football has been largely watchable.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 20:53]
Peterborough Strikers on 23:52 - Oct 31 with 3359 viewsEireannach_gorm

Peterborough Strikers on 17:39 - Oct 31 by bournemouthblue

Better than it has at Town I fear

Posh know League One and have a blueprint of how to tackle it. We are still rebuilding after a shocking spell under Hurst. The jury is still out on Lambert, I think he wants to do the right thing but it's debatable whether he's the right man for the long run, we will see!

It's fairly clear that Lambert is not up to the job. Jury has been deliberating for two years and the evidence is stacking up against him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024