Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game 17:02 - Oct 31 with 572 viewsSteve_M

If we didn't fully deserve to win then we didn't deserve to lose last Saturday. Five wins at home out of five after our home form in the last few seasons isn't too be sniffed at either.

Nice to see Hawkins score and I thought Ward, in particular, demonstrated his experience in the last few minutes. We really are lacking Downes or Skuse in midfield though.

Decent start to the season all things considered, need to keep winning matches when we don't play well as well as when we do. I would take a point on Tuesday now though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:09 - Oct 31 with 527 viewsLankHenners

Think Mick Mills called it right that the HT break upset their rhythm and they tried to force it too much which allowed us to get some control. Fewer backwards passing helped in that regard.

Pretty simple goal really that Crewe will be annoyed with themselves for conceding but Hawkins used his strength well and hopefully that's the start of a few more.

Yep, Ward very good towards the end, also thought Woolfenden and McGuinness had solid games and didn't let themselves get caught out like they came close to against Gillingham.

Sunderland will be tough, agree would take a point. Still not particularly convinced by this team but we're showing that playing ok in parts is enough to see us through most games, although the Doncaster and Lincoln performances still need to be banished in matches against the likes of Sunderland.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:15 - Oct 31 with 499 viewsSomethingBlue

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:09 - Oct 31 by LankHenners

Think Mick Mills called it right that the HT break upset their rhythm and they tried to force it too much which allowed us to get some control. Fewer backwards passing helped in that regard.

Pretty simple goal really that Crewe will be annoyed with themselves for conceding but Hawkins used his strength well and hopefully that's the start of a few more.

Yep, Ward very good towards the end, also thought Woolfenden and McGuinness had solid games and didn't let themselves get caught out like they came close to against Gillingham.

Sunderland will be tough, agree would take a point. Still not particularly convinced by this team but we're showing that playing ok in parts is enough to see us through most games, although the Doncaster and Lincoln performances still need to be banished in matches against the likes of Sunderland.

With Downes or even Skuse in the team we'd have about 50% of the problems we were given today. Can't get a proper midfield back quickly enough. Til we do I'm happy to keep ticking the wins off as there will be more bumps in the road to come.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:18 - Oct 31 with 478 viewsLankHenners

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:15 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

With Downes or even Skuse in the team we'd have about 50% of the problems we were given today. Can't get a proper midfield back quickly enough. Til we do I'm happy to keep ticking the wins off as there will be more bumps in the road to come.

Absolutely, Downes in particular will be a big boost and winning without being overly convincing is ok for now, although last season is too fresh in the memory to get too comfortable with it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:40 - Oct 31 with 433 viewsSteve_M

Better second half from us, stopped Crewe controlling the game on 17:09 - Oct 31 by LankHenners

On the last paragraph, hard to know how good we are but I think few teams play well for 90 minutes at this level and the loss of Skuse/Downes has upset the midfield balance. I would like us to rather more of the better stuff than raw last few games though.

I still think that the largest problem last season was Lambert trying to be too clever during November and December which resulted in disjointed performances with no one sure of what they were meant to be doing - Lincoln away stands out there. So far, it's more consistent in approach if not always in execution.

Good enough so far but not sure that will be enough across the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024