Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 points and another 1-0 victory...... 17:07 - Oct 31 with 695 viewsChrisd

but it's turning into a real struggle once again. We're really making these games a lot more difficult than what they should be and we've not looked convincing once again. If anything, I'm sure Crewe will be extremely disappointed not to have at least a point to show for their good play today. I should be a lot happier and celebrating a win, but it just reminds me of last season yet another match where we've ground out a result instead of playing with flair and superiority. We play like that again on Tuesday at Sunderland, then I can see another loss against a Top 8 side.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:10 - Oct 31 with 675 viewsGarv

Why should that game have been easier? Crewe look a very tidy side.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:13 - Oct 31 with 633 viewsChrisd

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:10 - Oct 31 by Garv

Why should that game have been easier? Crewe look a very tidy side.

Never said easier, that's your words Garv. It's how you play and manage these types of games and we were second best. Similar to many of our games from last season particularly at the start, were we managed to nick the result. That's only going to get you so far before you get found out.

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:14 - Oct 31 with 615 viewsuefacup81

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:13 - Oct 31 by Chrisd

Never said easier, that's your words Garv. It's how you play and manage these types of games and we were second best. Similar to many of our games from last season particularly at the start, were we managed to nick the result. That's only going to get you so far before you get found out.

Surely the logical inference from 'made it more difficult' is that you think it should have been easier?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:21 - Oct 31 with 582 viewsChrisd

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:14 - Oct 31 by uefacup81

Surely the logical inference from 'made it more difficult' is that you think it should have been easier?

Whatever the inference, these last two games highlights if we are struggling against midtable sides and finding it difficult to put them away, it doesn't give you much encouragement against the better ones. Can see history repeating itself as the season unfolds. Yes we might be sitting second at the moment, but do you really believe we'll be there come May? I just don't think we will.

It’s turning into the same as early last season on 17:24 - Oct 31 with 560 viewsdavblue

We haven’t played well in the last 4 games and we are having good moments to win games in the last 2.

Final 3rd we are nowhere near it currently, this has been the case since Lambert has come in so there’s something coaching wise that raises concerns.
3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:25 - Oct 31 with 546 viewsSomethingBlue

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:21 - Oct 31 by Chrisd

Whatever the inference, these last two games highlights if we are struggling against midtable sides and finding it difficult to put them away, it doesn't give you much encouragement against the better ones. Can see history repeating itself as the season unfolds. Yes we might be sitting second at the moment, but do you really believe we'll be there come May? I just don't think we will.

If Downes is back before Christmas and if we can keep a couple of strikers fit then I think we have every chance. Til then I'm happy to be hanging in there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:25 - Oct 31 with 540 viewsTheBoyBlue

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:21 - Oct 31 by Chrisd

If we keep beating these sides we will be thereabouts at the top, but as long as we can't get points off the better teams it'll be a struggle to go up. Last season we ended up not even getting points off the midtable teams which is why we ended nowhere it. Hopefully we will at least change that.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:28 - Oct 31 with 520 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Exactly this.

We need Norwood and Jackson scoring for us again and Downes getting a grip of the midfield for us. KVY giving us more attacking impetus will help too (although Chambers has looked great in that role recently).

If we can beat at least one of Sunderland and Hull in our next 3 games I will be a lot happier than I am right now. Currently it is too reminiscent of last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

3 points and another 1-0 victory...... on 17:31 - Oct 31 with 483 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

We ain't very good. Very workman like, but not at all exciting to watch. As long as we win, I don't really care, but if people were moaning when Mick was here, they must be pulling their hair out now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024