Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My conscience is clear 22:16 - Oct 31 with 7588 viewspistonbroke

People were saying don’t vote for Corbyn , when there was only one alternative to a Tory majority which happened , who do you now blame , look at yourself in the mirror and if you voted other than labour then blame yourselves
My conscience is clear on 22:26 - Oct 31 with 2912 viewsghostofescobar

I have voted Labour all my life. Under no circumstances would I ever, ever vote Tory. I detest almost everything that they stand for. They appall me. Sicken me at times. Make me despair. Shake my belief in this country and why they keep getting voted in. But in my heart, and my head, I shudder to think how Corbyn and McDonald would have handled this. Sixth form politics doesn’t always make for an effective government. If Starmer had been in charge for a couple of years, different matter altogether.

GhostOfEscobar

My conscience is clear on 22:28 - Oct 31 with 2893 viewspointofblue

Just because the current incumbents are incompent fools (to put it mildly) doesn't mean the so called official opposition would have been any better. The two main parties offered dire choices last December and I couldn't vote, with good conscience, for either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My conscience is clear on 22:30 - Oct 31 with 2883 viewsHARRY10

My conscience is clear on 22:26 - Oct 31 by ghostofescobar

I have voted Labour all my life. Under no circumstances would I ever, ever vote Tory. I detest almost everything that they stand for. They appall me. Sicken me at times. Make me despair. Shake my belief in this country and why they keep getting voted in. But in my heart, and my head, I shudder to think how Corbyn and McDonald would have handled this. Sixth form politics doesn’t always make for an effective government. If Starmer had been in charge for a couple of years, different matter altogether.

They might have dealt with it by not appointing a cabinet of total incompetents
My conscience is clear on 22:32 - Oct 31 with 2869 viewspointofblue

My conscience is clear on 22:30 - Oct 31 by HARRY10

Not sure why it wouldn't have been much different from the shadow cabinet but... possibly.

My conscience is clear on 22:33 - Oct 31 with 2861 viewsghostofescobar

My conscience is clear on 22:30 - Oct 31 by HARRY10

Fair point.

GhostOfEscobar

My conscience is clear on 22:39 - Oct 31 with 2834 viewsRyorry

My conscience is clear on 22:32 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Not sure why it wouldn't have been much different from the shadow cabinet but... possibly.

Most senior Labour MPs aren't either corrupt, utterly brainless, completely uncaring about anyone except themselves, or lacking in any integrity whatsoever. Therefore a Labour cabinet would have been significantly different from the current bunch of scummy pretenders in office.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 22:40]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My conscience is clear on 22:42 - Oct 31 with 2827 viewsHARRY10

My conscience is clear on 22:32 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Maybe Corbyn would not have swanned off on a 12 day holiday when the virus started to spread, Maybe Corbyn would nit have ducked out of five COBRA meetings.

Maybe Corbyn would have worked with the EU on an effective track and trace system, would not have handed so many contracts to his mates............

The point though, is how Johnson continual failings on this matter compare to other countries, not what another government might have done.
My conscience is clear on 22:43 - Oct 31 with 2817 viewspointofblue

My conscience is clear on 22:39 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Most senior Labour MPs aren't either corrupt, utterly brainless, completely uncaring about anyone except themselves, or lacking in any integrity whatsoever. Therefore a Labour cabinet would have been significantly different from the current bunch of scummy pretenders in office.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 22:40]

True, though I do think it would have still be shambolic albeit for different reasons. We will never know and calling out people who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn (especially those who didn't vote for Johnson either) is hardly productive.

Login to get fewer ads

My conscience is clear on 22:46 - Oct 31 with 2806 viewspistonbroke

My conscience is clear on 22:43 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

True, though I do think it would have still be shambolic albeit for different reasons. We will never know and calling out people who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn (especially those who didn't vote for Johnson either) is hardly productive.

How , then was only one alternative who had a chance of halting a Tory majority , voting for another party was like putting a tick in the Tory box
My conscience is clear on 22:47 - Oct 31 with 2803 viewsjaykay

one thing is for sure. if labour were in power at the moment, there would be no minsters or mates of mps with their nose in the trough. making money out of p.p.e deals or brexit deals

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

My conscience is clear on 22:49 - Oct 31 with 2787 viewspistonbroke

My conscience is clear on 22:47 - Oct 31 by jaykay

one thing is for sure. if labour were in power at the moment, there would be no minsters or mates of mps with their nose in the trough. making money out of p.p.e deals or brexit deals

Or track and trace deals
My conscience is clear on 22:49 - Oct 31 with 2782 viewspointofblue

My conscience is clear on 22:46 - Oct 31 by pistonbroke

How , then was only one alternative who had a chance of halting a Tory majority , voting for another party was like putting a tick in the Tory box

Then what's the point of the other parties? They may as well be scrapped if the only choice is Conservative or Labour, no matter what they might stand for.

I read each manifesto prior to the election (I am that sad) and the Green's were closest in my view so I voted for them.

My conscience is clear on 22:52 - Oct 31 with 2768 viewsRyorry

My conscience is clear on 22:49 - Oct 31 by pistonbroke

Or track and trace deals

That 12 billion and Dido Harding is such an abcess for the country, never stops angering me. Surely there must be some way of bringing criminal charges, surely ...

My conscience is clear on 22:52 - Oct 31 with 2769 viewsDublinBlue84

My conscience is clear on 22:28 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Just because the current incumbents are incompent fools (to put it mildly) doesn't mean the so called official opposition would have been any better. The two main parties offered dire choices last December and I couldn't vote, with good conscience, for either.

Pretty much the same for me, as someone who would mostly be a centrist politically, who would be centre left on a number of issues and centre-right on less, I've always voted Labour my whole life until Corbyn got into power.

The last election I was left with a fully fledged left wing Labour Party or a fully fledged right wing Tory party. I agnoised about it for days about whether I could vote for Corbyn or not, but in the end I just couldn't do it as he'd moved the Labour party too far to the left for a moderate like myself.

I've encountered Corbyn in the flesh on one occasion and I have to say, despite the fact many claim he's got morals, doesn't play games, and doesn't resort to the spin like the Tories does and he's a honest politician, what I saw from him suggested he was just as likely to take part in these kind of things of any other politician.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

My conscience is clear on 22:56 - Oct 31 with 2748 viewspistonbroke

My conscience is clear on 22:49 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Then what's the point of the other parties? They may as well be scrapped if the only choice is Conservative or Labour, no matter what they might stand for.

I read each manifesto prior to the election (I am that sad) and the Green's were closest in my view so I voted for them.

There is no point , you have to ask yourself do you want the tories in power , if the answer is no then there is only one place to put your tick on the form , anything else is a waste
My conscience is clear on 23:00 - Oct 31 with 2734 viewsRyorry

My conscience is clear on 22:52 - Oct 31 by DublinBlue84

Pretty much the same for me, as someone who would mostly be a centrist politically, who would be centre left on a number of issues and centre-right on less, I've always voted Labour my whole life until Corbyn got into power.

The last election I was left with a fully fledged left wing Labour Party or a fully fledged right wing Tory party. I agnoised about it for days about whether I could vote for Corbyn or not, but in the end I just couldn't do it as he'd moved the Labour party too far to the left for a moderate like myself.

I've encountered Corbyn in the flesh on one occasion and I have to say, despite the fact many claim he's got morals, doesn't play games, and doesn't resort to the spin like the Tories does and he's a honest politician, what I saw from him suggested he was just as likely to take part in these kind of things of any other politician.

The thing sticking out like a sore thumb for me about JC was that for all he was described as being intelligent & having huge integrity by the momentum people he appealed to, he never actually demonstrated it.

If he'd had those things, he'd have stood down from the leadership at latest by last autumn, if not before.

If he'd had those things, he'd also have issued an unequivocal apology yesterday for the antisemitism occurring within the LP on his watch, instead of quibbling about how *many* cases of antisemitism there were.

My conscience is clear on 23:01 - Oct 31 with 2727 viewsRyorry

My conscience is clear on 22:56 - Oct 31 by pistonbroke

There is no point , you have to ask yourself do you want the tories in power , if the answer is no then there is only one place to put your tick on the form , anything else is a waste

Depending on your constituency of course.

My conscience is clear on 23:05 - Oct 31 with 2712 viewsDublinBlue84

My conscience is clear on 22:56 - Oct 31 by pistonbroke

This is the problem with the cult that Corbyn has created in the Labour Party.

Because the Tories won the election instead of trying to figure out why people found it hard to vote for Labour, the likes of Momentum started to blame the voters for not voting the way that they 'should have' and that this was the reason they didn't win an election.

Astute politicians realise that it's better to act in a way which broadens your appeal to the masses that makes it possible to win an election, rather than go for a policy that makes 20% of the country go crazy for it and everyone else ignore it.

There's a reason that Jeremy Corbyn was as unique as he was and the fact that people like him don't come along often, which will be the same reason as there won't be many people like that in the future - such people cannot and do not win elections.

I hate the Tories with a passion, but they realised in the last 10 years or so, that compromising on their position and tweaking their policies to attract greater number of voters is required to win elections. Corbyn was never prepared to do that which meant many voters got disenfranchised and simply stopped voting Labour.

My conscience is clear on 23:06 - Oct 31 with 2707 viewspistonbroke

My conscience is clear on 23:01 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Depending on your constituency of course.

Not really , there are only 2 parties who can get in , why vote for anyone else
My conscience is clear on 23:12 - Oct 31 with 2686 viewswkj

In the spirit of fairness, even though i'm centre-left, I have to stand up against tribalism as best I can, even if it is from people with similar leanings to myself. I don't think anyone should be shamed for how they vote if it based upon a genuine belief or beliefs they hold.

As we've seen, both Labour and Tory parties have let a good number of their voters down over the recent years, but the troubling thing is the solution. May would have been the perfect PM in this situation (for anyone in that party). So, more questions should be asked of those who put Johnson in power when the leadership was being filled.

This is the problem we face when a manifesto is built off of a hot topic (brexit) and a slagging match with the opposition.

I don't think the Tory party will lose out too much in the midst of all of this though. They have enough ammo to poke at Labour, and a society who are starting to lean more towards a return to their quality of life rather than hiding from the silent enemy (covid)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My conscience is clear on 23:14 - Oct 31 with 2676 viewsRyorry

My conscience is clear on 23:06 - Oct 31 by pistonbroke

Not really , there are only 2 parties who can get in , why vote for anyone else

Well where a Tory has a 20K majority such as in my own constituency eg, you can be fairly sure that whatever other party you vote for will be a wasted vote. So you might as well vote with your heart (Green in my case) as your head (Labour, usually for me).

As it happened I did hold my nose & vote Labour in Dec 19, and put around the view locally that if all natural labour supporters (which I am usually) had the courage of their convictions, then it was possible to overturn the blue pillar of stone. But it needed a miracle, which obviously didn't happen.

My conscience is clear on 23:21 - Oct 31 with 2657 viewspistonbroke

My conscience is clear on 23:14 - Oct 31 by Ryorry

Well where a Tory has a 20K majority such as in my own constituency eg, you can be fairly sure that whatever other party you vote for will be a wasted vote. So you might as well vote with your heart (Green in my case) as your head (Labour, usually for me).

As it happened I did hold my nose & vote Labour in Dec 19, and put around the view locally that if all natural labour supporters (which I am usually) had the courage of their convictions, then it was possible to overturn the blue pillar of stone. But it needed a miracle, which obviously didn't happen.

Unfortunately where I live in Chelmsford is a Tory stronghold always has been , but if you added up the votes of the other parties then it would get the Tory scum out
My conscience is clear on 23:26 - Oct 31 with 2645 viewsnodge_blue

If Corbyn listens to his brother then they’d be no lockdown ever as it’s all a conspiracy to keep the working classes suppressed.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

My conscience is clear on 23:36 - Oct 31 with 2613 viewsDublinBlue84

My conscience is clear on 23:12 - Oct 31 by wkj

In the spirit of fairness, even though i'm centre-left, I have to stand up against tribalism as best I can, even if it is from people with similar leanings to myself. I don't think anyone should be shamed for how they vote if it based upon a genuine belief or beliefs they hold.

As we've seen, both Labour and Tory parties have let a good number of their voters down over the recent years, but the troubling thing is the solution. May would have been the perfect PM in this situation (for anyone in that party). So, more questions should be asked of those who put Johnson in power when the leadership was being filled.

This is the problem we face when a manifesto is built off of a hot topic (brexit) and a slagging match with the opposition.

I don't think the Tory party will lose out too much in the midst of all of this though. They have enough ammo to poke at Labour, and a society who are starting to lean more towards a return to their quality of life rather than hiding from the silent enemy (covid)

I was never a fan of Theresa May and felt she was a terrible PM, but she was 100x better than the fool that we have in charge now who admittedly, would make anyone look good in comparison.

I think Starmer has started well and the current issue with Corbyn is one that he was always going to have to address for the party to move on. It's vital for the country that he can win that battle against the left and re-unite the party and take it to the Tories at the next election.

I think that Starmer will be a far bigger threat to the Tories than Corbyn ever was, but to do that he needs to shake off the baggage that he has inherited in the Labour Party and the reasons it is at such a low ebb at the end of Corbyn's time and whether he is successful at doing that, will have a direct influence on his chances come election time.

The Tories have already destroyed too much of our country, another win for them could do even more lasting damage that it may be impossible to reverse.

My conscience is clear on 00:15 - Nov 1 with 2559 viewsClapham_Junction

My conscience is clear on 22:26 - Oct 31 by ghostofescobar

Based on my experience of working in local government, and having been closely following what happens in central government since the mid-2000s, I would say that Labour politicians (from across the spectrum) tend to listen to and trust the experts more (so we might have had an earlier lockdown) and play politics less (so I don't think we'd have seen the confrontations like that with Burnham). I also think they'd have dealt with the situation with more compassion.

Ashworth was kept on as shadow heath secretary by Starmer, so clearly he's a trusted pair of hands with that portfolio.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024