Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Artell 13:08 - Nov 1 with 1347 viewsroysboys

One to watch maybe. Seems to conduct himself well and sets up a good footballing team.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

David Artell on 13:12 - Nov 1 with 1337 viewsMullet

Not sure his comments about Ng, his pre match digs and his moaning after (very similar to Evans) bear that out to be fair.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

David Artell on 13:20 - Nov 1 with 1280 viewspointofblue

David Artell on 13:12 - Nov 1 by Mullet

Not sure his comments about Ng, his pre match digs and his moaning after (very similar to Evans) bear that out to be fair.

I don’t think he said anything wrong with any of them - he was clearly giving his own player some confidence (and at least he can actually play), we are in the same division to them so aren’t anything special and they were the far better team yesterday. Unlike Gillingham who should have been 3-0 down at half time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

David Artell on 13:22 - Nov 1 with 1276 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

David Artell on 13:12 - Nov 1 by Mullet

His comments on Ng were odd. He was one of the poorer players yesterday.

Pre match digs? Can’t say I’ve seen that.

Post match moaning? Can’t say I’ve seen that either, all I saw was an honest manager who’s side had just battered us, and was slightly frustrated he hadn’t got the goal.

7 out of the starting 11 were academy graduates for Crewe yesterday, has good faith in their academy system as well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

David Artell on 13:24 - Nov 1 with 1273 viewsJ2BLUE

David Artell on 13:22 - Nov 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

Post match moaning? Can’t say I’ve seen that either, all I saw was an honest manager who’s side had just battered us, and was slightly frustrated he hadn’t got the goal.

7 out of the starting 11 were academy graduates for Crewe yesterday, has good faith in their academy system as well.

I think he said they were playing Ipswich, not Barcelona.

I'm starting to think he may have been right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

David Artell on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 1235 viewsmonty_radio

If these Wiki quotes are correct, he doesn't mince words:

"Artell warned his players that "relegation means oblivion... they'll end up in the Conference North on £200 a week with a job as a milkman."[54] He managed to get the reaction he was looking for as Crewe won four of their next five games in March to move towards mid-table safety,[55] a team performance that helped earn Artell a nomination for EFL League Two Manager of the Month.[56][57] The "Railwaymen" ended the 2016—17 campaign in 17th-place, and Artell released six players in the summer.[58] He warned the remaining out-of-contract players to sign their new contracts quickly before he withdrew their offers, but said "we all had a say. It's not a dictatorship. I'm not Idi Amin or Pol Pot... it's evolution, not revolution, but we won't be happy with 17th in the table again next season".[59][58]

Under Artell, Crewe fared marginally better in the 2017—18 season, finishing in 15th position thanks to a strong finish to the season. Crewe had been in 22nd-place in November, leaving Artell to state again that "We have to get out ourselves of the mire. It's win some games, or oblivion".[60] Two months later he criticised his team's game management skills after they lost two games in a row from winning positions — including throwing away a 3—1 lead over Swindon Town to lose 4—3.[61] On 20 February, Crewe lost 2—1 at home to Exeter City despite taking the lead on 88 minutes; Artell again criticised his player's professionalism and said: "That sums us up. Played well, better team, in the lead, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That's been us over the course of the season".[

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

David Artell on 14:10 - Nov 1 with 1163 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

David Artell on 13:24 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

I think he said they were playing Ipswich, not Barcelona.

I'm starting to think he may have been right.

He’s not wrong, I think some people think we are a team that should and will be feared in this league. He’s probably rightly saying, we are not.

David Artell on 14:28 - Nov 1 with 1125 viewsRocky

David Artell on 13:22 - Nov 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

I thought Ng was excellent.
David Artell on 14:49 - Nov 1 with 1054 viewsIllinoisblue

Are we still only in year 1 of Lambert’s 5-year lottery win contract?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

David Artell on 14:52 - Nov 1 with 1043 viewsIllinoisblue

David Artell on 14:28 - Nov 1 by Rocky

Lowery, Ainley, and Pickering impressed too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

David Artell on 17:22 - Nov 1 with 849 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

David Artell on 14:28 - Nov 1 by Rocky

Really? Thought he looked a little off.

Ainley/Lowery were the ones who impressed me most. Also thought Mandron led the line rather well.

David Artell on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 827 viewsMullet

David Artell on 13:20 - Nov 1 by pointofblue

I don’t think he said anything wrong with any of them - he was clearly giving his own player some confidence (and at least he can actually play), we are in the same division to them so aren’t anything special and they were the far better team yesterday. Unlike Gillingham who should have been 3-0 down at half time.

No, I'm not suggesting he's a scumbag or anything, just that the OP is a little off in his reasoning. He clearly has his own identity linked to his time at Crewe, but he doesn't carry himself well because of it. Don't blame him in the slightest but it's clear that he feels wounded having to go up against us and being brushed aside etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024