Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well 15:04 - Nov 2 with 3998 viewshomer_123

peeps.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:07 - Nov 2 with 2638 viewsgiant_stow

why? What you heard?

(oh sh1t)
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 15:08]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:13 - Nov 2 with 2594 viewsKeno

can we close the Tory party?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:16 - Nov 2 with 2573 viewsFixed_It

That would be the U-Turn to beat all U-Turns. But you wouldn't bet against it with this lot.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:18 - Nov 2 with 2558 viewshype313

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:16 - Nov 2 by Fixed_It

That would be the U-Turn to beat all U-Turns. But you wouldn't bet against it with this lot.

Normally I wouldn't be surprised at this U -Turn, but given both Boris and now Starmer are firmly against it, I can't see how it could happen.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:18 - Nov 2 with 2560 viewsCotty

Universities are not going to close. They are mostly operating online now already. Therefore, I call bull crap.
Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:22 - Nov 2 with 2529 viewsgiant_stow

Hey, where you gone?!!!

Where's the rest?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:37 - Nov 2 with 2458 viewsMullet

Possibly. We have been scheduled a big meeting tomorrow but no one knows what it's about.

Could just be some new pens have been delivered I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:38 - Nov 2 with 2435 viewsJ2BLUE

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:37 - Nov 2 by Mullet

Possibly. We have been scheduled a big meeting tomorrow but no one knows what it's about.

Bic or a knock off? Can't beat a blue ink Bic. Bloody hell, might have to treat myself next time i'm in a shop.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Fineliner 0.4mm in black..... on 15:45 - Nov 2 with 2390 viewsBloots

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:38 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Bic or a knock off? Can't beat a blue ink Bic. Bloody hell, might have to treat myself next time i'm in a shop.

....this is the type of quality content we need to see more of on here!

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:47 - Nov 2 with 2376 viewsSwansea_Blue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:37 - Nov 2 by Mullet

It'll be the big match warm up, choosing who the scapegoat is going to be and getting in moans about Lambert early I expect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:48 - Nov 2 with 2376 viewsjeera

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:38 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

You are allowed pens?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fineliner 0.4mm in black..... on 15:48 - Nov 2 with 2371 viewsMullet

Fineliner 0.4mm in black..... on 15:45 - Nov 2 by Bloots

....this is the type of quality content we need to see more of on here!

Don't encourage him FFS

Nope.... on 15:50 - Nov 2 with 2356 viewsBloots

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:48 - Nov 2 by jeera

You are allowed pens?

[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 15:50]

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:04 - Nov 2 with 2289 viewshomer_123

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:18 - Nov 2 by hype313

Normally I wouldn't be surprised at this U -Turn, but given both Boris and now Starmer are firmly against it, I can't see how it could happen.

There's good and valid reasons for not closing them on the grounds of wellbeing etc. and that by doing so would have a more adverse affect on the economy.

However - see my post above.....the science indicates that without closing them - we can't get that R number down.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:16]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:12 - Nov 2 with 2238 viewsStokieBlue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:04 - Nov 2 by homer_123

There's good and valid reasons for not closing them on the grounds of wellbeing etc. and that by doing so would have a more adverse affect on the economy.

However - see my post above.....the science indicates that without closing them - we can't get that R number down.

This.

I don't see how they can hope to get the R down without closing schools for the 4 weeks. They have locked down lots of vectors of transmission but it's all for nothing if someone at school passes it around the year and then the parents get it at home and then a sibling who passes it to another year etc.

Which means if they stay open and the R isn't below 1 in 4 weeks and the cases continue to grow after lockdown there will be a massive meltdown when Christmas has to be "cancelled" - although it probably should be already.

It's not just the UK going this route though, schools aren't closing in France etc either.

SB
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 2215 viewslowhouseblue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:12 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

This.

I don't see how they can hope to get the R down without closing schools for the 4 weeks. They have locked down lots of vectors of transmission but it's all for nothing if someone at school passes it around the year and then the parents get it at home and then a sibling who passes it to another year etc.

Which means if they stay open and the R isn't below 1 in 4 weeks and the cases continue to grow after lockdown there will be a massive meltdown when Christmas has to be "cancelled" - although it probably should be already.

It's not just the UK going this route though, schools aren't closing in France etc either.

SB
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:17]

it's not quite the same with unis though. they don't have the same links into the wider community - with the transmission on through family etc. unis rather distort the figures because you have high number of cases but they are then quite separated from the wider community and wider transmission. at least that's the public health view where i am.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:21 - Nov 2 with 2197 viewsJamestownPrince

Self isolating until Thursday as tested positive the first day of Half term!! -

I would be astounded if schools are closed, or just open to Key workers, although you never know.

A rota basis of say "years 11 and sixth form" in all of the time and the other years on a week on / week off basis with work online would work , and should have been implemented weeks ago!!
Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:23 - Nov 2 with 2189 viewsStokieBlue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:16 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

it's not quite the same with unis though. they don't have the same links into the wider community - with the transmission on through family etc. unis rather distort the figures because you have high number of cases but they are then quite separated from the wider community and wider transmission. at least that's the public health view where i am.

Agreed, I don't count universities as "schools" in this sense - I was referring specifically to primary, secondary and sixth form and even then I would be less concerned about primary than the other two.

Probably should have been clearer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:28 - Nov 2 with 2168 viewsMullet

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:21 - Nov 2 by JamestownPrince

Self isolating until Thursday as tested positive the first day of Half term!! -

I would be astounded if schools are closed, or just open to Key workers, although you never know.

A rota basis of say "years 11 and sixth form" in all of the time and the other years on a week on / week off basis with work online would work , and should have been implemented weeks ago!!

I said exactly the same.

I've had to isolate up until the end of this week, a colleague in my deprtmant was sent home today. A rota seems the only way now, and it probably doesn't appease either side of the argument does it?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:29 - Nov 2 with 2162 viewshype313

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:04 - Nov 2 by homer_123

Cases are now the fewest in a fortnight, down 9% in a week and the lowest since the 19th, so with these measures you would hope by early december the R will be below 1

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:32 - Nov 2 with 2143 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 15:18 - Nov 2 by Cotty

Universities are not going to close. They are mostly operating online now already. Therefore, I call bull crap.

They aren't though.
Most are offering some form of face to face teaching at least one day a week.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:36 - Nov 2 with 2122 viewslowhouseblue

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:23 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

Agreed, I don't count universities as "schools" in this sense - I was referring specifically to primary, secondary and sixth form and even then I would be less concerned about primary than the other two.

Probably should have been clearer.

SB

universities are interesting because i get the impression that the transmission beyond the student age group is really quite limited. here we have weekly asymptomatic testing and we 100% compliance with the isolation that triggers. public health compare that with a very low level of compliance for the general population.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:40 - Nov 2 with 2108 viewsJamestownPrince

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:28 - Nov 2 by Mullet

I said exactly the same.

I've had to isolate up until the end of this week, a colleague in my deprtmant was sent home today. A rota seems the only way now, and it probably doesn't appease either side of the argument does it?

Hi Mullet, I hope that you are well

In the week before half term, we had 7 staff off (either positive or self isolating in a school of 800 pupils) so 2 year groups had 3 extra days at home with online work - that was before a group of year 11 and 12 kids went home due to positives.

I was one of 4 off today (and another one of us spent his 10 days of half term in the house positive...)

Thankfully apart from no taste and smell and breathing I am fine so will be going back Thursday.
Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:46 - Nov 2 with 2082 viewshoppy

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:40 - Nov 2 by JamestownPrince

Hi Mullet, I hope that you are well

In the week before half term, we had 7 staff off (either positive or self isolating in a school of 800 pupils) so 2 year groups had 3 extra days at home with online work - that was before a group of year 11 and 12 kids went home due to positives.

I was one of 4 off today (and another one of us spent his 10 days of half term in the house positive...)

Thankfully apart from no taste and smell and breathing I am fine so will be going back Thursday.

"apart from no taste and smell and breathing I am fine"

I don't think you'll be going back Thursday if not breathing, will you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Get prepared for Schools and Uni's to be closed as well on 16:46 - Nov 2 with 2078 viewsfactual_blue

That, or a Soviet style denunciation of morrissey.

Which is long overdue.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024