Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would have preferred Hawkins to start 19:12 - Nov 3 with 356 viewsDarth_Koont

And nothing against Jackson, I’d like him to be on the pitch too but as one of the wide forwards.

But what I like about Hawkins is that he gives a semblance of structure in attack. Now we’ve got Jackson probably being relatively ineffective through the middle and then running out wide, and we’ve got Judge and Lankester who tend to wander and drop inside. It seems to be exposing our midfield and attack rather than strengthening and balancing them.

Perhaps most importantly, Hawkins is coming off the back of a decent game and a goal. Not sure I get the idea with this at all.

Now watch us dominate the game ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 347 viewsIpswichKnight

We will bang high balls to Jackson for most of the game and wonder why it keeps coming back with interest.
Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 333 viewsSteve_M

I don't think Hawkins is fully fit, wasn't at start of season and then got injured. It makes sense to protect him but, without a like for like replacement, we could have problems.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:18 - Nov 3 with 328 viewswkj

Given how Sunderland have been playing it makes total sense to me. Jackson's pace is probably being designed to break up their shape off the ball in the back potentially leaving Edwards some room to get in attacking positions. Also, they won't want Sunderland having the shape to start a quick counter.

I feel this is a game we will try and and dictate the shape on the field rather than time on the ball, so Jackson makes sense to me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:20 - Nov 3 with 318 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:17 - Nov 3 by Steve_M

I don't think Hawkins is fully fit, wasn't at start of season and then got injured. It makes sense to protect him but, without a like for like replacement, we could have problems.

If this is the case, don't have him on the bench and use Simpson instead.

I think there needs to be some flexibility on the system and play maybe one or other of them alongside Jackson.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:20 - Nov 3 with 318 viewsjas0999

Hawkins scored an important goal on Saturday but hasn’t really looked like scoring to that point.
Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:26 - Nov 3 with 307 viewsDarth_Koont

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:14 - Nov 3 by IpswichKnight

We will bang high balls to Jackson for most of the game and wonder why it keeps coming back with interest.

I haven’t seen anything of Sunderland this year but judging their lineup they look like a unit.

Maybe Lambert’s trying to disrupt them by us playing in a strange whirlwind formation?

No doubt, we’ve got a lot of talent on the pitch. But giving players the platform to play has been a real struggle for the past couple of years.

On the plus side, our defence is pretty serious. So maybe it’s about playing on the break, which would make sense with the front 6.

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:29 - Nov 3 with 292 viewsMullet

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:17 - Nov 3 by Steve_M

Quite, and they look fairly stodgy to me so lots of pace up front makes me hope we can pull them all out of shape and cause them problems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:31 - Nov 3 with 285 viewsDarth_Koont

Would have preferred Hawkins to start on 19:18 - Nov 3 by wkj

Given how Sunderland have been playing it makes total sense to me. Jackson's pace is probably being designed to break up their shape off the ball in the back potentially leaving Edwards some room to get in attacking positions. Also, they won't want Sunderland having the shape to start a quick counter.

I feel this is a game we will try and and dictate the shape on the field rather than time on the ball, so Jackson makes sense to me.

Fair enough, that makes sense. And Steve’s got a point about Hawkins’ fitness.

Getting nervous and excited for once, which is good. COYB!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024