Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elbows vs Sunderland 16:56 - Nov 4 with 1114 viewsDecageBruce

I was unable to watch the game yesterday but having seen the footage I'm on the fence of for Dozzell's challenge as the angle isn't concrete for me. The Penalty is a joke.

Having lurked on a Sunderland site for a bit there are a few comments of at least one other Red that we were lucky to get away with. I believe they are referring to a Hawkins Elbow in the first half but can't see mention/footage anywhere.

Can any one shed any light on this?
Elbows vs Sunderland on 16:58 - Nov 4 with 1093 viewsSteve_M

A Hawkins elbow int he first half? Even that ref would have struggled to give them that.

Hawkins was penalised for a foul which must be the same incident, looked very much like the Sunderland player decided to roll around to stop us breaking.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:01 - Nov 4 with 1073 viewsPJH

If Hawkins had elbowed someone in the first half it would have been someone on the ITFC bench but after he came on as a sub in the second half there was one incident where he caught one of their players with his arm which did not look too good but was (probably) accidental.
Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1057 viewsStokieBlue

Elbows vs Sunderland on 16:58 - Nov 4 by Steve_M

A Hawkins elbow int he first half? Even that ref would have struggled to give them that.

Hawkins was penalised for a foul which must be the same incident, looked very much like the Sunderland player decided to roll around to stop us breaking.

That was in the second half and as you say, I am not even sure it was a foul.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:15 - Nov 4 with 1027 viewsDecageBruce

Elbows vs Sunderland on 16:58 - Nov 4 by Steve_M

Sorry I misread their post.

"The ref had a good game overall, if anything they were lucky not to get away with a further two red cards for the elbow in the first few minues and the Hawkins elbow on Flanagan."
Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:17 - Nov 4 with 1019 viewsITFC_Forever

Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:15 - Nov 4 by DecageBruce

Sorry I misread their post.

"The ref had a good game overall, if anything they were lucky not to get away with a further two red cards for the elbow in the first few minues and the Hawkins elbow on Flanagan."

I think there was allegations of a Chambers elbow fairly early on in the game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:37 - Nov 4 with 935 viewsSteve_M

Elbows vs Sunderland on 17:17 - Nov 4 by ITFC_Forever

I think there was allegations of a Chambers elbow fairly early on in the game.

It should have been a yellow card probably.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elbows vs Sunderland on 18:41 - Nov 4 with 818 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sunderland did a job on us. They were persistently fouling and leaving a foot in all game. The ref let it go, but we need to be cleverer about such things.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024