Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excessive speeding. 13:08 - Nov 6 with 434 viewsMattinLondon

Earlier today I saw someone driving at least 50mph (at a guess) in a 30mph zone. The couple who were walking their dog were very angry and asked me if I saw his number plate which I didn’t.

The man said he was pretty sure he made a note of it and was going to report the driver.

My question is - can the police actually do anything about it if there is no speed camera to record the speed and no accident happened in which they could ascertain the speed from break marks on the road?
Excessive speeding. on 13:11 - Nov 6 with 414 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Essentially no, they cannot do anything but they will keep the registration on file in case several reports come in for the same vehicle.

On an old commute there was always a van driving recklessly weaving in and out of traffic, turns out everyone was regularly reporting him so the police actively set up patrols to monitor the stretch of road in the morning. I then went a very long period of time without seeing him, so assume something came of this.

Always worth reporting when it is dangerous or excessive, as you never know who else has done the same

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Excessive speeding. on 13:18 - Nov 6 with 379 viewsMattinLondon

Excessive speeding. on 13:11 - Nov 6 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Essentially no, they cannot do anything but they will keep the registration on file in case several reports come in for the same vehicle.

On an old commute there was always a van driving recklessly weaving in and out of traffic, turns out everyone was regularly reporting him so the police actively set up patrols to monitor the stretch of road in the morning. I then went a very long period of time without seeing him, so assume something came of this.

Always worth reporting when it is dangerous or excessive, as you never know who else has done the same

Thanks - didn’t realise that that was the case.

The only detail I noted was that the driver looked, at the most in his early twenties, - hopefully he doesn’t make a habit of it or he may well seriously injury someone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024