Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe to Celtic 17:38 - Nov 6 with 1631 viewsbournemouthblue

that would be an interesting one, you get the big club experience without the all the added competition you get in the Premier League

On a related note: Rangers could actually win the league this year, it surely gives us some hope that a return from oblivion is possible?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:41 - Nov 6 with 1613 viewsSpruceMoose

"You get the big club experience without the all the added competition you get in the Premier League"

Think I heard Bully scream at this line.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:44 - Nov 6 with 1597 viewsGuthrum

Tho I'm not sure Howe is good anywhere but Bournemouth. His fairly brief excursion to Burnley was cut short when he fled back to the South Coast. Possibly too much of a "one club man", some of whose success has come from his sheer embeddedness there.

I think he's a perfectly decent manager, but is he happy anywhere else? Let alone up in Scotland.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:50 - Nov 6 with 1578 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Would be a good fit. Think they would love his style of football. I know he isn't popular on here, but I reckon he would be a success up there.
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:25 - Nov 6 with 1410 viewsBent_double

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:44 - Nov 6 by Guthrum

Tho I'm not sure Howe is good anywhere but Bournemouth. His fairly brief excursion to Burnley was cut short when he fled back to the South Coast. Possibly too much of a "one club man", some of whose success has come from his sheer embeddedness there.

I think he's a perfectly decent manager, but is he happy anywhere else? Let alone up in Scotland.

Watching the EFL highlights on Quest the other night, they discussed Luton and Nathan Jones, saying what a great fit he was for the club, with his less-than-successful time at Stoke.

Whatever you think about Lambert, he's clearly not a great 'fit' for Ipswich, infact you probably have to go back to Royle or Burley for that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:27 - Nov 6 with 1403 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone, player or manager, who goes to Scottish football is effectively going for an easy life and shirking the challenge of competitive sport.

Rangers and Celtic are mediocre fish in tiny ponds... as soon as they play anyone vaguely decent from another League, they get shown up for the second-rate (at best) teams they are.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:43 - Nov 6 with 1381 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rangers returned by having the biggest budget in every league.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:44 - Nov 6 with 1375 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:50 - Nov 6 by IpswichBoyBlue

Would be a good fit. Think they would love his style of football. I know he isn't popular on here, but I reckon he would be a success up there.

Anyone going to Celtic should be a success.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:45 - Nov 6 with 1375 viewsMullet

He's an absolute fraud in a gillet. Hope he John Barnes' it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:49 - Nov 6 with 1364 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:25 - Nov 6 by Bent_double

Watching the EFL highlights on Quest the other night, they discussed Luton and Nathan Jones, saying what a great fit he was for the club, with his less-than-successful time at Stoke.

Whatever you think about Lambert, he's clearly not a great 'fit' for Ipswich, infact you probably have to go back to Royle or Burley for that.

He has more than outstayed his welcome.
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:54 - Nov 6 with 1355 viewsElderGrizzly

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 17:50 - Nov 6 by IpswichBoyBlue

Is it really a challenge though? It is literally a flip of the coin if you win or Rangers do.

2nd is failure, given the resources of Celtic compared to others too.
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:58 - Nov 6 with 1341 viewsgtsb1966

You could be describing a Mr George Burley there .
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 20:02 - Nov 6 with 1328 viewsAce_High1

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 19:27 - Nov 6 by ITFC_Forever

Anyone, player or manager, who goes to Scottish football is effectively going for an easy life and shirking the challenge of competitive sport.

Rangers and Celtic are mediocre fish in tiny ponds... as soon as they play anyone vaguely decent from another League, they get shown up for the second-rate (at best) teams they are.

Amen.

Makes me laugh my head off when people try and claim they are big, powerful clubs and then as soon as they draw someone half decent in the CL qualifiers they get knocked out.
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 21:36 - Nov 6 with 1196 viewsBlue_Order

Porto, Braga, Rapid, Feyenoord; a minute away from beating Benfica last night... they’re vaguely decent?

Rangers have only lost 5 out of 38 games in Europe since Gerrard took over.
Eddie Howe to Celtic on 00:03 - Nov 7 with 1067 viewsbournemouthblue

Stevie G is counting on this not being the case

Edit: It doesn't seem to have done Brendan Rodgers too much harm?

Are Rangers and Celtic big clubs? Yes
Are they ever going to be successful in Europe? No
Could they cut it in the Premiership? After a few seasons they certainly could
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 0:06]

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 00:59 - Nov 7 with 1035 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 21:36 - Nov 6 by Blue_Order

Porto, Braga, Rapid, Feyenoord; a minute away from beating Benfica last night... they’re vaguely decent?

Rangers have only lost 5 out of 38 games in Europe since Gerrard took over.

Thought Rangers looked good last night. Should have come away with 3 points, but punished for not taking chances, and then not seeing out a 3-1 lead with 10.

All in all a good outfit, and would probably tip them over Celtic this year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 02:22 - Nov 7 with 1015 viewsbournemouthblue

Eddie Howe to Celtic on 00:59 - Nov 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

Thought Rangers looked good last night. Should have come away with 3 points, but punished for not taking chances, and then not seeing out a 3-1 lead with 10.

All in all a good outfit, and would probably tip them over Celtic this year.

It's going to be an interesting season, even they could topple their rival inside a decade despite all that has happened to them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024