Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. 11:52 - Nov 7 with 626 viewsLancsBlue

Tractor boy up north here. My daughter is in Everton's U16 girls academy. Under lockdown restrictions they have had to stop training and playing matches. However the boys can carry on because they are classed as 'elite' sport but the girls are not. This is blatant discrimination and applies to all girls academies. Please sign and share the petition below. This is NOT just an issue for girls!

https://www.change.org/p/fa-women-s-football-to-be-classified-as-elite-sports?re

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 11:57 - Nov 7 with 615 viewsRyorry

I initially threw up my hands in horror about this too, but the explan I heard on R5l this morning was that the boys already have the facilities in place to stay Covid-safe, but the girls don't (which is of course a cause for protest in itself that should be remedied as soon as practically possible).

Is that not the case then?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 12:06 - Nov 7 with 598 viewsLancsBlue

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 11:57 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

I initially threw up my hands in horror about this too, but the explan I heard on R5l this morning was that the boys already have the facilities in place to stay Covid-safe, but the girls don't (which is of course a cause for protest in itself that should be remedied as soon as practically possible).

Is that not the case then?

At Everton they all train at Finch Farm Training Ground. The girls' teams have been removed to cut down numbers and were training at a local leisure centre which is now closed. The point is that if they were designated as 'elite' the same as boys, then those facilities could still be used.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 12:48 - Nov 7 with 549 viewsRyorry

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 12:06 - Nov 7 by LancsBlue

At Everton they all train at Finch Farm Training Ground. The girls' teams have been removed to cut down numbers and were training at a local leisure centre which is now closed. The point is that if they were designated as 'elite' the same as boys, then those facilities could still be used.

Ah right, gotcha thanks - signed and shared 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 12:57 - Nov 7 with 534 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Please sign and share this petition for equal status for women's academies. on 12:06 - Nov 7 by LancsBlue

Indeed this is the issue.

The way this boils down it results in unfair discrimination. However, the origin of it is the idea that elite level sport can afford to implement procedures that reduce the likelihood of the virus spreading.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024