Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out..... 17:58 - Nov 7 with 2377 viewsBloots

.....we can't blame the ref for us continuing to play dull, pedestrian, ponderous, negative football.

Only one man is to blame for that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lambert out..... on 18:01 - Nov 7 with 2126 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Gwion Edwards?
Lambert out..... on 18:02 - Nov 7 with 2113 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Janoi Donacien, Mick McCarthy or David Sheepshanks?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 18:03]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert out..... on 18:03 - Nov 7 with 2109 viewsWickets

Lambert out..... on 18:01 - Nov 7 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Gwion Edwards?

Yes he was good as we were a threat as soon as he came on the pitch .
Lambert out..... on 18:03 - Nov 7 with 2097 viewsBloomBlue

Nobody is blame the ref for our performance, what we are blaming the ref for is not doing the job he's paid to do.
Lambert out..... on 18:04 - Nov 7 with 2089 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is a concern but we did improve.

Quite why we keep returning to it other than if we are well ahead in a game or ahead and playing for time, I really don't get.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert out..... on 18:05 - Nov 7 with 2082 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gwion Edwards?

Duh, Boris Johnson innit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert out..... on 18:05 - Nov 7 with 2081 viewsChris_Knights

Gwion Edwards?

When are you lot going to realise ??? Lambert is only part of the problem .... you sack the manager and you bring in Jose Mourinho nothing would change !!!! Terrible owner .... terrible players .... terrible planning and guess what ??? Still in league one next year !
Lambert out..... on 18:05 - Nov 7 with 2083 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lambert could leave, which I’d have no issue with.

But can anyone explain why the players play at such a slow tempo, so ponderous, take unnecessary amounts of touches, roll the ball side to side? - the obvious answer is, ‘well the players just aren’t that good’, which ultimately is probably correct.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out..... on 18:07 - Nov 7 with 2053 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out..... on 18:05 - Nov 7 by Chris_Knights

When are you lot going to realise ??? Lambert is only part of the problem .... you sack the manager and you bring in Jose Mourinho nothing would change !!!! Terrible owner .... terrible players .... terrible planning and guess what ??? Still in league one next year !

I'm pretty sure that Mourinho probably wouldn't have had this squad on top-half League One/bottom half Championship standard players finish mid table in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Erm..... on 18:08 - Nov 7 with 2030 viewsBloots

Lambert out..... on 18:05 - Nov 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

But can anyone explain why the players play at such a slow tempo, so ponderous, take unnecessary amounts of touches, roll the ball side to side? - the obvious answer is, ‘well the players just aren’t that good’, which ultimately is probably correct.

...has it ever occurred to you that the manager tells them to play like that?

Him and his team coach them.

It's his job.

Lambert out..... on 18:09 - Nov 7 with 2019 viewsITFC_96

This comment must be a joke. Lambert is a shockingly bad manager.
Lambert out. (n/t) on 18:09 - Nov 7 with 2001 viewsBloots

Lambert out..... on 18:10 - Nov 7 with 1996 viewsBlueBadger

Confidence and coaching, innit.
They've shown in flashes today(and other games) that they *can* play a lot more incisively, which makes me think that it's neither drilled into them or being properly motivated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Erm..... on 18:11 - Nov 7 with 1981 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Erm..... on 18:08 - Nov 7 by Bloots

...has it ever occurred to you that the manager tells them to play like that?

Him and his team coach them.

It's his job.

The manager tells the players to take unnecessary amounts of touches and to be ponderous on the ball?

Please don’t start being silly now.

Lambert out..... on 18:12 - Nov 7 with 1958 viewsjudespiveyg

I would argue that the second half was pretty entertaining, or does everyone else not like nice little passing moves to create chances?
First half was bad because Nolan, Huws and to a lesser extent Mcgavin weren't moving off the ball well enough (the most important part of playing midfield) hence the passing around the back.
Passing out from the back looks bad if the midfield don't properly link the defence and forwards, but it is still the best way to play football.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Yes, he plainly does..... on 18:14 - Nov 7 with 1936 viewsBloots

Erm..... on 18:11 - Nov 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

The manager tells the players to take unnecessary amounts of touches and to be ponderous on the ball?

Please don’t start being silly now.

....there is an obvious change in style of play this season, do you think they've come up with it themselves?

Even a happy clapper like you can surely see that he is telling them to play that way?!

If the players aren't good enough to play that way, then the manager needs to find another way to play.

Persisting with this will only end one way.

It's not the best way to play football..... on 18:15 - Nov 7 with 1919 viewsBloots

Lambert out..... on 18:12 - Nov 7 by judespiveyg

I would argue that the second half was pretty entertaining, or does everyone else not like nice little passing moves to create chances?
First half was bad because Nolan, Huws and to a lesser extent Mcgavin weren't moving off the ball well enough (the most important part of playing midfield) hence the passing around the back.
Passing out from the back looks bad if the midfield don't properly link the defence and forwards, but it is still the best way to play football.

....if the squad you've built isn't capable of playing that way.

Lambert out..... on 18:15 - Nov 7 with 1918 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a fair point about today. We had possession and penetration (oo er missus) earlier in the season. Moving the ball forward nicely and at pace at times when we could. BUT the fullbacks were pretty important with Chambo and Ward stand out performers getting forward, and Teddy's probably the best ball carrier driving forwards in this league. Dozzell can spot a runner too and play more direct passes even from the deeper role. All of that was missing today. Nolan is only ever a 3 metre passer, in whichever direction the nearest player is. And the full backs are poor backups for the first choices. Nobody to carry the ball - Huws looks as though he wants to get rid of it as quickly as possible and influence the game as little as possible too.

So in short, that's a fair point. There are issues with the first team too though. Our failings last year suggest that Lambert isn't up to it. There's no reason we should have been shot on confidence and playing near relegation form. And he's had several transfer windows now too to get the blend right .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's not the best way to play football..... on 18:21 - Nov 7 with 1865 viewsjudespiveyg

It's not the best way to play football..... on 18:15 - Nov 7 by Bloots

....if the squad you've built isn't capable of playing that way.

Our squad is capable of playing out from the back, as the second half shows. Huws and Nolan just aren't very good at it. Bishop and Dozzell are much better at it, hence why they start most games.
Given that professional football wouldn't exist if it wasn't for spectators, I would argue there's an obligation to try and play the most entertaining football possible, therefore passing football should always be hoped for, and be considered the 'best' way to play football.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Lambert out..... on 18:25 - Nov 7 with 1827 viewsTrequartista

and selecting a second XI 14 days before our next league fixture.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lambert out..... on 18:25 - Nov 7 with 1825 viewsbackwaywhen

Have you wondered if they are coached and instructed to play that way ? Pound to a penny they are .
Lambert out..... on 18:26 - Nov 7 with 1815 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lambert out..... on 18:25 - Nov 7 by backwaywhen

Have you wondered if they are coached and instructed to play that way ? Pound to a penny they are .

I highly suspect the instruction aren’t, take as long as you can around the back, take as many touches as you can, and be as slowly as possible as you can on the ball.

Just a hunch.

There's nothing entertaining about..... on 18:26 - Nov 7 with 1817 viewsBloots

It's not the best way to play football..... on 18:21 - Nov 7 by judespiveyg

Our squad is capable of playing out from the back, as the second half shows. Huws and Nolan just aren't very good at it. Bishop and Dozzell are much better at it, hence why they start most games.
Given that professional football wouldn't exist if it wasn't for spectators, I would argue there's an obligation to try and play the most entertaining football possible, therefore passing football should always be hoped for, and be considered the 'best' way to play football.

....passing it amongst the centre backs for 60 minutes.

If that's what rocks your boat then fair enough, but it's not for me.

We had 2 shots on target on Tuesday, with our first team.

Rock n roll football.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 18:35]

He's a total clown..... on 18:28 - Nov 7 with 1792 viewsBloots

Lambert out..... on 18:25 - Nov 7 by Trequartista

and selecting a second XI 14 days before our next league fixture.

....I'm amazed that he still has sympathisers.

Some people are idiots.

Lambert out..... on 18:29 - Nov 7 with 1774 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Lambert: If We Could Get a Cup Run It Would Be Great
Friday, 6th Nov 2020 15:53
Boss Paul Lambert says it would be great to have an FA Cup run.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024