Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising 12:00 - Nov 9 with 4306 viewsSteve_M

Interim results showing 90% effectiveness.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/09/covid-19-vaccine-candidate-effecti

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:04 - Nov 9 with 1871 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds like very good news at this stage.

Although in the UK we’ll probably wait for a vaccine developed by JCB.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:04 - Nov 9 with 1863 viewsHerbivore

That is very promising news. I am starting to get pandemic fatigue so any prospect of a pathway to normality is most welcome at this point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:05 - Nov 9 with 1855 viewsHerbivore

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:04 - Nov 9 by Darth_Koont

Serco are on it. We've paid them £50bn and so far they've given us a packet of ibuprofen.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:11 - Nov 9 with 1824 viewsclive_baker

Very encouraging.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 12:12]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:19 - Nov 9 with 1771 viewshomer_123

That's good to hear.

I couldn't see anything there though about how long anti-bodies last etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:24 - Nov 9 with 1748 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:19 - Nov 9 by homer_123

That's good to hear.

I couldn't see anything there though about how long anti-bodies last etc.

Wouldn't entirely surprise me if it became an annual vaccination campaign, particularly for the more vulnerable and elderly

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 1739 viewsStokieBlue

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:24 - Nov 9 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Wouldn't entirely surprise me if it became an annual vaccination campaign, particularly for the more vulnerable and elderly

It's almost certainly to be annually or even twice a year - that has been the initial aim from the start of the vaccine development.

Maybe over time it'll be longer lasting but not for now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:35 - Nov 9 with 1686 viewsTractorWood

Markets think it is excellent news. FTSE up 5%.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 12:36]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 1658 viewsStokieBlue

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:35 - Nov 9 by TractorWood

Markets think it is excellent news. FTSE up 5%.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 12:36]

Pfizer was up 13%.

SB

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:43 - Nov 9 with 1634 viewsEdwardStone

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:04 - Nov 9 by Darth_Koont

There might be some other firms that the Govt. will offer the contracts to

Maybe

Dyson
Wetherspoons
Serco
Dido PLC
The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:45 - Nov 9 with 1636 viewsJ2BLUE

While being cautious and understanding this isn’t a magic bullet or guaranteed; I do hope this forum becomes a bit more optimistic about the chances of something like this helping us quickly return to normal. Virtually everything posted on here is negative with anything positive played down for some reason.

Let’s be cautiously optimistic that 2021 is going to be much, much better and make sure we help things along by doing all the good things we should be doing with distancing and masks etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:49 - Nov 9 with 1597 viewsHerbivore

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:45 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

While being cautious and understanding this isn’t a magic bullet or guaranteed; I do hope this forum becomes a bit more optimistic about the chances of something like this helping us quickly return to normal. Virtually everything posted on here is negative with anything positive played down for some reason.

Let’s be cautiously optimistic that 2021 is going to be much, much better and make sure we help things along by doing all the good things we should be doing with distancing and masks etc.

SUQ.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:50 - Nov 9 with 1596 viewsEastTownBlue

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:39 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

Pfizer was up 13%.

SB

Not good news for Zoom though. No idea why...

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:50 - Nov 9 with 1594 viewsclive_baker

Innit. Call me naive, and I'm not one for fate, but I think 2020 might be a year that teaches us a lot. What's important in life, a year where the planet breathed fresher air than it has in decades and one where communities came together as a force for good. Perhaps the reset we needed. Trump falling on his sword, I'm increasingly confident a Brexit deal will be agreed (albeit one the UK will reel from for decades to come).

No doubt this is utterly delusional and overly optimistic... by clive_baker 3 Nov 2020 23:16
But could it be that 2020 is the year the world, or the western world at least 'bottoms out'?

Brexit finally put to bed on 31st December, and increasingly looking like there will be some sort of deal between the UK and EU. Not something I ever wanted or agreed with, but we need to move on from it now. The pain will continue to be felt, both economically and socially IMO, but at least we'll be able to move on with it hopefully occupying less of our attention.

Trump potentially out of the White House. No doubt it'll be messy and weeks of law suits, Trump wont leave without a fight, but fingers crossed Biden gets in.

BLM protests tearing through US and wider in 2020, and of course a global pandemic. But with a vaccine possible in early 2021, could it be that the new year brings a new dawn, one not of division but of unity and inclusion?

I'm happy to cling to this for now.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:51 - Nov 9 with 1583 viewsfooters

Yeah, now a vaccine is almost ready we can turn most of our attentions back to a promotion-winning Ipswich Town...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:55 - Nov 9 with 1539 viewsclive_baker

Pfizer was up 13%.

SB

Easyjet is about 25% up.

Good buying opportunity for BP I would suggest, should anyone fancy a nibble.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:59 - Nov 9 with 1509 viewsclive_baker

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:51 - Nov 9 by footers

Yeah, now a vaccine is almost ready we can turn most of our attentions back to a promotion-winning Ipswich Town...

Lets not be silly.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:05 - Nov 9 with 1469 viewsfactual_blue

Along with all other vaccines, it will give you lassa fever.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:08 - Nov 9 with 1449 viewsJ2BLUE

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:05 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

Serco are on it. We've paid them £50bn and so far they've given us a packet of ibuprofen.

No idea how this doesn't have 50 up votes. Genius.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:08 - Nov 9 with 1442 viewshomer_123

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 12:26 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

It's almost certainly to be annually or even twice a year - that has been the initial aim from the start of the vaccine development.

Maybe over time it'll be longer lasting but not for now.

SB

Certainly the news a few weeks back was that anti-bodies are not lasting overly long. Here's hoping though!

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:09 - Nov 9 with 1438 viewsfooters

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:05 - Nov 9 by factual_blue

Along with all other vaccines, it will give you lassa fever.

Why are you talking like Jar Jar Binks all of a sudden?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:09 - Nov 9 with 1427 viewsTractorWood

Pfizer was up 13%.

SB

NYSE not open yet. That will be pre-trading. US will presumably go crazy which will continue gains and global rally.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 13:11]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:11 - Nov 9 with 1404 viewshomer_123

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:09 - Nov 9 by footers

Hard to talk with no teeth.

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:13 - Nov 9 with 1390 viewsStokieBlue

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:08 - Nov 9 by homer_123

Certainly the news a few weeks back was that anti-bodies are not lasting overly long. Here's hoping though!

There can be a difference between antibodies from a natural infection and those from a vaccine as a vaccine can tailor the immune response in the body if required.

I don't know if that is the case with the C19 vaccine - I guess we will need to wait a number of months to see how long the antibodies persist.

SB

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:19 - Nov 9 with 1350 viewsSWGF

The Pfizer Covid vaccine looks very promising on 13:09 - Nov 9 by footers

Giddy that he's 2nd on the list of recipients:

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024