Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternative vaccine priority 07:19 - Nov 10 with 2955 viewsbluelagos

Reports that the govt has 40m doses on order. That means we will have 25m people left.

So can I propose the following groups are left unvaccinated.

Anti-vaccers.
They are happy, more to go round.

Conspiracy theorists.
Why give it to people who think it isnt real?

Norfolk residents.
Low rates of infection and minimal interaction with non family members likely to remain.

Any groups I've missed?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 7:31]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:21 - Nov 10 with 1828 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cyclists.....far too shouty and too many of them!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:23 - Nov 10 with 1825 viewsThe_Major

Worse than that I'm afraid. Raab has just said everyone needs two doses, so that leaves out 45m of us.
Alternative vaccine priority on 07:30 - Nov 10 with 1804 viewsbluelagos

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:21 - Nov 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Cyclists.....far too shouty and too many of them!

I hope you are refering to thoee disturbing your weekend peace rather than those making noise on the interweb.

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:35 - Nov 10 with 1783 viewsmikeybloo88

The order being suggested seemed fairly sensible to me, although if educational establishments are a top priority to keep open I'd also have had teachers/lecturers high on the list. Anyone who tows a caravan should immediately go to the bottom of the list, even if they teach...
Alternative vaccine priority on 07:38 - Nov 10 with 1784 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:23 - Nov 10 by The_Major

Worse than that I'm afraid. Raab has just said everyone needs two doses, so that leaves out 45m of us.

My twitter feed and instagram was full of what are normally sane people saying it was rushed and they don't want it. Plenty referring to Thalidomide too. Most wanted to wait 3 or 4 years for it.

So I think we'll be ok.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:41 - Nov 10 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:38 - Nov 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

My twitter feed and instagram was full of what are normally sane people saying it was rushed and they don't want it. Plenty referring to Thalidomide too. Most wanted to wait 3 or 4 years for it.

So I think we'll be ok.

It's not been that rushed though, no adverse reactions in a sample size of 44000 is pretty clear.

It's also not approved yet. It needs to go through the next stages of the process.

It's fine if people wish to wait, those people can continue in lockdown for 3 or 4 years. Essentially what they really want is to benefit from the herd immunity of everyone else having it and that's essentially a selfish position. All the benefits whilst shifting any perceived risk to other people.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:44 - Nov 10 with 1763 viewsbluelagos

So I think we'll be ok.

Yeah, I have zero issue with anyone who doesn't wish to take any offered vaccine. Let them make their choice and take whatever risks they choose too.

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:45 - Nov 10 with 1758 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:41 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

It's not been that rushed though, no adverse reactions in a sample size of 44000 is pretty clear.

It's also not approved yet. It needs to go through the next stages of the process.

It's fine if people wish to wait, those people can continue in lockdown for 3 or 4 years. Essentially what they really want is to benefit from the herd immunity of everyone else having it and that's essentially a selfish position. All the benefits whilst shifting any perceived risk to other people.

SB

Completely agree with you. Just saying what was all over my feeds last night. More people than I imagined are likely to refuse it initially.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:46 - Nov 10 with 1752 viewsbluelagos

SB

Exactly. Why stress? Let them wait for a couple of years. No wahala.

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:49 - Nov 10 with 1727 viewsBluefish

Lambert inners

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:20 - Nov 10 with 1693 viewshomer_123

SB

Can we just not get ahead of ourselves. That said Pfizers trial is looking good - even so:

It's not been peer reviewed, we don't know how long antibodies last, we don't know how the drug fairs against mild vs severe cases of Covid and we don't know how effective it is with the more vulnerable population groups either.

Also, as I posted earlier.

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer by homer_123 10 Nov 2020 6:43
vaccine news from yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-54883383

All of this is being undertaken at such a pace there are inevitably going to be issues.

All that being said - I bloody hope this is drug is what we need.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:24 - Nov 10 with 1678 viewsStokieBlue

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:20 - Nov 10 by homer_123

Can we just not get ahead of ourselves. That said Pfizers trial is looking good - even so:

It's not been peer reviewed, we don't know how long antibodies last, we don't know how the drug fairs against mild vs severe cases of Covid and we don't know how effective it is with the more vulnerable population groups either.

And this is why we need to not get get carried away by the Pfizer by homer_123 10 Nov 2020 6:43

All of this is being undertaken at such a pace there are inevitably going to be issues.

I said in my post it's not yet been through the process which obviously includes peer review. Nothing will be done until that's been undertaken. I don't think I implied it would.

On your second point, in a sample size of 44000 they should have picked up instances of both light and severe covid assuming random sampling. Obviously the results will be examined thoroughly.

I'll try and find time to read their actual publications thus far today.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:25 - Nov 10 with 1672 viewsstickymockwell

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:20 - Nov 10 by homer_123

And it could give many old men an erection?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:33 - Nov 10 with 1654 viewshomer_123

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:25 - Nov 10 by stickymockwell

And it could give many old men an erection?

Facters might be happy?

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:33 - Nov 10 with 1656 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alternative vaccine priority on 07:23 - Nov 10 by The_Major

Yep, although I thought it was 30m doses on order, enough to vaccinate 15m of us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:34 - Nov 10 with 1654 viewshomer_123

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:24 - Nov 10 by StokieBlue

I said in my post it's not yet been through the process which obviously includes peer review. Nothing will be done until that's been undertaken. I don't think I implied it would.

On your second point, in a sample size of 44000 they should have picked up instances of both light and severe covid assuming random sampling. Obviously the results will be examined thoroughly.

I'll try and find time to read their actual publications thus far today.

SB

SB, wasn't implying, at all, that you had suggested anything would happen without it being fully reviewed. I was merely posting some thoughts and link to issues with an existing vaccine.

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:46 - Nov 10 with 1613 viewsfactual_blue

Leave voters.

Tories.

Cyclists.

Motorcyclists.

Papists.

Rapists.

Papist Rapists.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:49 - Nov 10 with 1614 viewsPinewoodblue

Have a suspicion that the elderly/ vulnerable will actually get the Oxford vaccine assuming it passes all tests and is approved for use.

Pfizer vaccine needs to be stored at a very low temperature and you apparently need to rest for 15 minutes after taking it which suggests there is a strong immediate reaction. Guess that is connected to the fact something stored at -70c is injected into your system, must have one hell of a kick.

They have always said that it was likely different age groups would have different vaccines.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:56 - Nov 10 with 1597 viewsCoachRob

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:34 - Nov 10 by homer_123

SB, wasn't implying, at all, that you had suggested anything would happen without it being fully reviewed. I was merely posting some thoughts and link to issues with an existing vaccine.

Is it right to say that the inactivated vaccine candidate CoronaVac developed in China is a different technology to the RNA vaccine candidate which was developed by Pfizer/BioNTech?

Undoubtedly there will be some reservation with so much misinformation from the anti-vaxx cult, as one poster pointed out, however, vaccines are among our best medicines and on this one we have to trust our peer-review system and regulators to get it right.
Alternative vaccine priority on 08:59 - Nov 10 with 1590 viewshype313

So I think we'll be ok.

The thing about all this rushed talk is that we have never had the worlds scientists all centered around one vaccine at one time, the reason why others take so long is that there are few scientists working on historic vaccines at a time without the vast resources thrown at them, so yes it is a quick turnaround for a vaccine, but with ten years worth of work thrown into 1 year.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:59 - Nov 10 with 1588 viewshomer_123

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:56 - Nov 10 by CoachRob

Is it right to say that the inactivated vaccine candidate CoronaVac developed in China is a different technology to the RNA vaccine candidate which was developed by Pfizer/BioNTech?

Undoubtedly there will be some reservation with so much misinformation from the anti-vaxx cult, as one poster pointed out, however, vaccines are among our best medicines and on this one we have to trust our peer-review system and regulators to get it right.

I'm all for vaccines!

I don't know the answer - still reading up on both to be honest. As with all vaccines, we just need to be very very clear what's what.

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 with 1569 viewsKeno

Northerners?

Morrisey fans?

People who eat Battenberg?

Tory Voters?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 with 1569 viewshomer_123

Alternative vaccine priority on 08:59 - Nov 10 by hype313

The thing about all this rushed talk is that we have never had the worlds scientists all centered around one vaccine at one time, the reason why others take so long is that there are few scientists working on historic vaccines at a time without the vast resources thrown at them, so yes it is a quick turnaround for a vaccine, but with ten years worth of work thrown into 1 year.

We don't have all the scientists working on 'one' vaccine though. There are over 150 different vaccines being developed.

What you 'can' say is that we have a huge number of scientists working in a short space of time to find a vaccine for Covid but they are not working on the 'same' vaccine.

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 with 1564 viewshype313

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 by Keno

Northerners?

Morrisey fans?

People who eat Battenberg?

Tory Voters?

Miranda Fans
Michael Mcintyre fans
Taxidermists.

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:03 - Nov 10 with 1555 viewshype313

Alternative vaccine priority on 09:01 - Nov 10 by homer_123

We don't have all the scientists working on 'one' vaccine though. There are over 150 different vaccines being developed.

What you 'can' say is that we have a huge number of scientists working in a short space of time to find a vaccine for Covid but they are not working on the 'same' vaccine.

Ok, not one vaccine, but a vaccine for one virus.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024