Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apathy 21:14 - Nov 10 with 677 viewsChocorange

I can’t get over the apathy we as fans have allowed to creep into our club.

No one seems the least bit bothered by tonight’s or Saturdays team selection and the results that came from it.

Pick a team to win the game , I don’t think so ... pick a team to lose the games more like.
Apathy on 21:17 - Nov 10 with 644 viewsTheBoyBlue

It is not so much apathy (at least on my part) as desperation on getting out of this division as soon as possible. I long for the days when the cups can matter more. Although not the Papa Johns thing.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Apathy on 21:18 - Nov 10 with 640 viewsWickets

Yes i agree i hate losing matches and have always loved cup matches ,i am really disappointed and to think when Lambert first came in he criticised the clubs cup record !
Apathy on 21:18 - Nov 10 with 641 viewshomer_123

Herein lies the issue.

What evidence is there to suggest that Evans will pick a manager that will bring success?

Lambert isn't working and Evans history in picking managers is shocking.

Any surprise people are apathetic?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Apathy on 21:19 - Nov 10 with 616 viewseddiespearitt03

All about the kids Lambert ? Perhaps many who won,t even get as far as the first team. The only message is that it is ok to lose a cup game.
Who cares anymore ? The club does not belong to the supporters or the town, it belongs to Evans.
Apathy on 21:48 - Nov 10 with 534 viewsGuthrum

Because we've had so many disappointments and dashed hopes over so many years now, that I think our levels of hope - and with them the motivation to get angry - have simply been eroded away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Apathy on 21:59 - Nov 10 with 503 viewsjeera

Speaking for myself:

Saturday I was irritated that it seemed to be just a case of the same old...but at least I cared enough to be annoyed.

Tonight I had to go out earlier and got home to tune in and we were already one down to Crawley.

So I switched straight off and got into some pointless argument with equally bored fans on here instead.

Sometimes, you just think, "Wtf is the point?"

And then tune back in to the next match for further soul-destroying disappointment.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Apathy on 22:24 - Nov 10 with 457 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The most congested fixture list that will ever be put together, do we really want to add Papa Johns Trophy fixtures to it?

Travelling to Exeter or Plymouth away on Tuesday night in front of no fans, for the Papa Johns Trophy.

Do we really need to add FA Cup fixtures this year? (And I love the FA Cup)

We have a little bit of fortune that the bulk of first team in essence have 18 days off, before beginning a series of 8 games in a month 21 Nov - 19 Dec.

I just think it’s a bit of common sense here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Apathy on 23:30 - Nov 10 with 402 viewsArnieM

Apathy on 22:24 - Nov 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

The most congested fixture list that will ever be put together, do we really want to add Papa Johns Trophy fixtures to it?

Travelling to Exeter or Plymouth away on Tuesday night in front of no fans, for the Papa Johns Trophy.

Do we really need to add FA Cup fixtures this year? (And I love the FA Cup)

We have a little bit of fortune that the bulk of first team in essence have 18 days off, before beginning a series of 8 games in a month 21 Nov - 19 Dec.

I just think it’s a bit of common sense here.

The only problem I can see is the old “Ipswich problem” of not turning up when the players have had a break from weekly football.

18 days off is a helluva long time and we go into some “ really need to win this” type of games against teams in or around that top 6. I’ll put money on it Town look well off the pace v Shrews, Hull, and Charlton. We ALWAYS are, after a break .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024