Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing, isn't it?! 10:44 - Nov 11 with 2034 viewsFixed_It

No. Not Lockdown. Not even the football particularly.
Mainly the constant sniping, bitterness, unrealistic expectations, negativity, blame game, scapegoating, unjust criticism (yes, some of it is justified in certain contexts), rabble rousing, bandwagon jumping and agenda-driven bile.
OK - we are not happy that our great Club is now a Third Division team. And we all want better. But Jeez, sometimes it is best just to chill out and don't let it eat you up to the extent that it seems to be doing to some people.
It's enough to drive people away from the board to be honest. I've been thinking of calling it a day myself, but realise that I will be drawn back in so probably best not flounce off only to sneak back in and hope that nobody has noticed!
Just look at the table and realise that we are well-placed. The next few games will tell us far more than a defeat in the Pizza Cup with a bunch of kids. If we fail to make inroads in those next few games, then maybe it will be time to change. But let's just see what happens when it really matters.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 10:56]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 10:52 - Nov 11 with 1814 viewsWeWereZombies

Nice post, but please don't set up a gov.uk petition in support of it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 10:57 - Nov 11 with 1804 viewsLankHenners

I'd never thought I'd see 'wanting to consistently win games and play well in league 1' being viewed by any fan of the club as an 'unrealistic expectation'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:00 - Nov 11 with 1776 viewsFixed_It

Depressing, isn't it?! on 10:57 - Nov 11 by LankHenners

I'd never thought I'd see 'wanting to consistently win games and play well in league 1' being viewed by any fan of the club as an 'unrealistic expectation'.

I see wanting the manager to play a full-strength team in a minor competition, despite a congested fixture list and many injuries/niggles that we don't know the full extent of, as being unrealistic personally. But maybe that's just me...
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 11:06]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:06 - Nov 11 with 1737 viewsLankHenners

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:00 - Nov 11 by Fixed_It

I see wanting the manager to play a full-strength team in a minor competition, despite a congested fixture list and many injuries/niggles that we don't know the full extent of, as being unrealistic personally. But maybe that's just me...

There's one thread where someone suggested that, hardly something to get worked up about enough to start (another) thread where you complain about people being 'negative'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:10 - Nov 11 with 1726 viewsFixed_It

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:06 - Nov 11 by LankHenners

There's one thread where someone suggested that, hardly something to get worked up about enough to start (another) thread where you complain about people being 'negative'.

I've seen it in several other places too. But anyway, I apologise for trying to point out the negativity that engulfs this board at times. But if it is putting me off, then I am sure it is doing the same for others too.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 11:10]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 1684 viewsHerbivore

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:10 - Nov 11 by Fixed_It

I've seen it in several other places too. But anyway, I apologise for trying to point out the negativity that engulfs this board at times. But if it is putting me off, then I am sure it is doing the same for others too.

I wonder why people feel negatively about things after following up finishing miles adrift at the bottom of the Championship with an 11th place finish in the third division. I wonder what it is about keeping the manager who accomplished those feats that troubles people and I'm especially curious as to why people are worried that we still look incapable of beating the better sides in this division.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:44 - Nov 11 with 1652 viewssolemio

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:26 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

I wonder why people feel negatively about things after following up finishing miles adrift at the bottom of the Championship with an 11th place finish in the third division. I wonder what it is about keeping the manager who accomplished those feats that troubles people and I'm especially curious as to why people are worried that we still look incapable of beating the better sides in this division.

That, as you well know, is not the problem. The problem is people going on about it almost every minute of every day. Boredom doesn't cover it. It is tedious beyond reason.
Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:49 - Nov 11 with 1636 viewsSuperblue95

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:44 - Nov 11 by solemio

That, as you well know, is not the problem. The problem is people going on about it almost every minute of every day. Boredom doesn't cover it. It is tedious beyond reason.

It’s a forum for Ipswich Town fans. There’s not a whole lot to be positive about these days so it’s hardly a surprise that most of the talk is negative

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:50 - Nov 11 with 1625 viewsHerbivore

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:44 - Nov 11 by solemio

Put the repeat offenders on ignore if they bore you.

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:52 - Nov 11 with 1621 viewsNthQldITFC

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:49 - Nov 11 by Superblue95

It’s a forum for Ipswich Town fans. There’s not a whole lot to be positive about these days so it’s hardly a surprise that most of the talk is negative

I think the trouble is that sometimes some of it comes across as almost gleefully negative and very repetitive.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Depressing, isn't it?! on 12:54 - Nov 11 with 1566 viewsSuperblue95

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:52 - Nov 11 by NthQldITFC

I think the trouble is that sometimes some of it comes across as almost gleefully negative and very repetitive.

Blubbers aside I’m not sure that’s true.

We’d all be delighted if Lambert turned things around, got us playing consistently decent football and stabilised us as a championship club again. It’s just highly unlikely to happen and most of us can see the longer he stays the more damage it’s doing, particularly with the salary cap we now have to contend with.

The future could be bleak if we don’t go up this year and based on last years collapse that’s looking a very likely scenario.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Depressing, isn't it?! on 13:32 - Nov 11 with 1514 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Depressing, isn't it?! on 12:54 - Nov 11 by Superblue95

Blubbers aside I’m not sure that’s true.

We’d all be delighted if Lambert turned things around, got us playing consistently decent football and stabilised us as a championship club again. It’s just highly unlikely to happen and most of us can see the longer he stays the more damage it’s doing, particularly with the salary cap we now have to contend with.

The future could be bleak if we don’t go up this year and based on last years collapse that’s looking a very likely scenario.

I overcooked my scallops last night.

Is it therefore more likely that I'll overcook them again next time or is it less likely?

Or does the fact I've done it once make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the likelihood of me doing it again?
Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:00 - Nov 11 with 1474 viewsHerbivore

Depressing, isn't it?! on 13:32 - Nov 11 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I overcooked my scallops last night.

Is it therefore more likely that I'll overcook them again next time or is it less likely?

Or does the fact I've done it once make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the likelihood of me doing it again?

That's not a very good analogy for a number of reasons.

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:06 - Nov 11 with 1459 viewsWeWereZombies

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:50 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

Put the repeat offenders on ignore if they bore you.

It is a shame that there is no 'ignore the ignore' function, just to stop posters backing down from the possibility that theirs is not the only point of view...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:10 - Nov 11 with 1451 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:00 - Nov 11 by Herbivore

That's not a very good analogy for a number of reasons.

I knew I should have gone with waffles.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2020 14:11]
Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 1418 viewsnoggin

All games matter

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:27 - Nov 11 with 1398 viewsbluefunk

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:10 - Nov 11 by Fixed_It

I feel the same, there's a relentless negativity about TWTD these days which is off putting. I often wonder how some posters get though life if their posts on here reflect their attitudes in real life (I am aware that may not be the case).
Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:31 - Nov 11 with 1382 viewsHerbivore

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:06 - Nov 11 by WeWereZombies

It is a shame that there is no 'ignore the ignore' function, just to stop posters backing down from the possibility that theirs is not the only point of view...

I'd rather people just ignore those they find irritating rather than try to censor them.

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:41 - Nov 11 with 1357 viewsmonty_radio

Depressing, isn't it?! on 14:06 - Nov 11 by WeWereZombies

For me the ignore button is used to escape a tone, not an argument.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Not at all on 14:54 - Nov 11 with 1334 viewsDyland

The state of humanity (and by dint of that, politics) is depressing. The main internet forum discussing how sh1t Town are? Pleeease, Fixers.

You're only feeling it a bit cos it's just you who doesn't think Lambert is utter crud and should fook off. Oh and Jerseys and Garvers and possibly one or two other divs. Actually, I see why it probably is a bit depressing for you ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:23 - Nov 11 with 1279 viewsJ2BLUE

Some people have their entire board identity invested in Lambert failing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:40 - Nov 11 with 1246 viewsFunge

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:23 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Some people have their entire board identity invested in Lambert failing.

To be fair, one person falls into that category; I'm loath to give said individual any more attention than they already receive.

Everyone else is, as far as I can make out, fully sick of the fact that this club continues to experience death by a thousand cuts. We must be somewhere in the low 500s by now, surely?
Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:44 - Nov 11 with 1232 viewsJ2BLUE

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:40 - Nov 11 by Funge

To be fair, one person falls into that category; I'm loath to give said individual any more attention than they already receive.

Everyone else is, as far as I can make out, fully sick of the fact that this club continues to experience death by a thousand cuts. We must be somewhere in the low 500s by now, surely?

I won't name names but there is more than one!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:58 - Nov 11 with 1212 viewswitchdoctor

Depressing, isn't it?! on 15:44 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

I won't name names but there is more than one!

indeed....
Depressing, isn't it?! on 23:54 - Nov 11 with 1056 viewsjeera

Depressing, isn't it?! on 11:00 - Nov 11 by Fixed_It

Fixers, we've gone out of 2 within 4 days mate.

Rightly or wrongly it's normal to be pissed off if someone cares surely.

It might take a few days for some to become a bit more rational but that's also perfectly normal!

When was the last time you left a match, in which we lost, as happy as you were when you arrived?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024