Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FM21 09:32 - Nov 12 with 6908 viewsBiGDonnie

Just fired up the Beta, anyone played yet?

Media prediction is 11th, should be much harder than the last one.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

FM21 on 09:44 - Nov 12 with 5498 viewsdavblue

i loaded it up and played 1 game but don't have any desire to fire it up atm,(nothing to do with the game)

Would rather wait until day 1. I started with Wycombe this year as that will be a challenge and beat Norwich in the cup!
FM21 on 09:45 - Nov 12 with 5491 viewsportmanking

Yep. I'm in charge of Tonbridge Angels, looking to pass my way out of the National League South, with a wage budget of just £3.6k per week. Lordy.
FM21 on 09:47 - Nov 12 with 5478 viewsHerbivore

I've only recently started with FM20. Does it look much different?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FM21 on 10:18 - Nov 12 with 5434 viewsBiGDonnie

FM21 on 09:44 - Nov 12 by davblue

i loaded it up and played 1 game but don't have any desire to fire it up atm,(nothing to do with the game)

Would rather wait until day 1. I started with Wycombe this year as that will be a challenge and beat Norwich in the cup!

First save HAS to be Town.

Just signed Joe Royle as my chief scout (14 jp & ja) which made me much happier than it should have done.

COYBs

FM21 on 10:20 - Nov 12 with 5426 viewsBiGDonnie

FM21 on 09:47 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

Looks similar with some small changes.

Plays very different to 20 though and much harder. Start with absolutely zero funds, our players are worth half than they were on 20 (barring our young stars) and there aren't half as many decent loan options so should be a real challenge.

COYBs

FM21 on 10:32 - Nov 12 with 5384 viewsitfcjoe

FM21 on 10:20 - Nov 12 by BiGDonnie

Plays very different to 20 though and much harder. Start with absolutely zero funds, our players are worth half than they were on 20 (barring our young stars) and there aren't half as many decent loan options so should be a real challenge.

Let me know if any issues with the data crop up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FM21 on 10:35 - Nov 12 with 5376 viewsDecageBruce

FM21 on 10:32 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

I've had Edwards control a ball and pass to another player. Can we please get this sorted as I like my FM to be realistic
FM21 on 10:47 - Nov 12 with 5350 viewsBiGDonnie

Will do - does losing my first home friendly 1-3 count?

Player stats look very realistic, nice one. Game seems a lot harder this time round which I think it needed to be.

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

FM21 on 10:50 - Nov 12 with 5344 viewsHerbivore

Harder will be good. In FM20 I won back to back promotions and then finished 5th in the Prem with Ipswich. I made some good signings and got the side playing a system and style that worked for them but it seemed a bit too easy.

FM21 on 10:53 - Nov 12 with 5333 viewsAce_High1

FM21 on 10:50 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

Harder will be good. In FM20 I won back to back promotions and then finished 5th in the Prem with Ipswich. I made some good signings and got the side playing a system and style that worked for them but it seemed a bit too easy.

George, that you?

The hardest thing I usually find is on previous versions you an easily get prompted from the Championship with just a few loans/frees you don't need to spend on fees, but the budget you used to get given when in the PL was not enough to attract many players as they all had very unrealistic salary expectations.

So it was all about sticking with your team with lots of youngsters who have potential to grow and develop.
FM21 on 11:42 - Nov 12 with 5273 viewsdavblue

FM21 on 10:18 - Nov 12 by BiGDonnie

First save HAS to be Town.

Just signed Joe Royle as my chief scout (14 jp & ja) which made me much happier than it should have done.

yeah it usually is for me but i'll steam roller that league!
FM21 on 12:30 - Nov 12 with 5215 viewsTIB

FM21 on 09:47 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

Just started an FM20 save with Åndalsnes IF in the Norwegian fourth tier, using the lower league database. The "stadium" has a beautiful backdrop to fjords and mountains which enticed me to the job. Squad spend much of their days fishing but I'm confident in time European glory will be brought to the Øran Stadion under my tenure.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

FM21 on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 5207 viewsHerbivore

FM21 on 10:53 - Nov 12 by Ace_High1

George, that you?

The hardest thing I usually find is on previous versions you an easily get prompted from the Championship with just a few loans/frees you don't need to spend on fees, but the budget you used to get given when in the PL was not enough to attract many players as they all had very unrealistic salary expectations.

So it was all about sticking with your team with lots of youngsters who have potential to grow and develop.

My wage budget was under £500k per week and the next smallest was about £1.5m. I kept faith with some of my original squad, plus good youngsters picked up for free in the Championship, but I also splurged on Jude Bellingham and one or two others. A couple of decent loanees also helped.

FM21 on 17:26 - Nov 12 with 5063 viewsChris_ITFC

How do the homegrown players look this year? Dozzell, Downes, Woolfy, Lankester, Dobra, etc...

The club, and some of them (in terms of PA), have perhaps gone backwards on paper from this time last year.

Will it still have the feel of a golden generation capable of working up the leagues?

Thanks.
FM21 on 18:09 - Nov 12 with 5027 viewsitfcjoe

FM21 on 17:26 - Nov 12 by Chris_ITFC

How do the homegrown players look this year? Dozzell, Downes, Woolfy, Lankester, Dobra, etc...

The club, and some of them (in terms of PA), have perhaps gone backwards on paper from this time last year.

Will it still have the feel of a golden generation capable of working up the leagues?

Thanks.

Think you should be able to still do that, but probably harder to push fully on as they are all a bit older now so less time to fulfil their potentials

FM21 on 18:58 - Nov 12 with 4989 viewsChris_ITFC

FM21 on 18:09 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

Think you should be able to still do that, but probably harder to push fully on as they are all a bit older now so less time to fulfil their potentials

Yes, my thoughts exactly - got to start turning that PA into CA.

Thanks for the reply.
FM21 on 20:57 - Nov 12 with 4937 viewsMelford

FM21 on 18:09 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

Don't know if it's a bug or just accurately reflecting the club's luck with injuries but I've got loads of players getting crocked.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

FM21 on 06:49 - Nov 13 with 4835 viewsKeaneish

Only small changes? There’s a surprise! So much more they could do with this game if they listened to consumers. Marginal changes = marginal gains. People have been crying out for a much richer media and player management level to this. Sounds like another year of complacency in truth.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

FM21 on 09:57 - Nov 16 with 4640 viewsPriskinftw

It's taken me 4 seasons to get Ipswich to the premier league, i have 3 current Ipswich players starting for me which are Woolfenden, Downes and Lankester although the latter is more of a sub for me now due to a striker upgrade. Both seasons in the championship i was joint favourites to go down, finished 7th then 5th and won in the PO final.

Current team is;

Marek Rodak/Lee Nicholls
Neco Williams
Luke Woolfenden
Sam Hughes
Marko Havojic
Karamoko Dembele/Jack Clarke
Rory Mcrorie/Flynn Downes
Sarpreet Singh/Josh Onomah
Keannan Bennetts/Ladislav Krejci
Adam Hlouzek/Jack Lankester
Niall Ennis/Matteo Pellegrino

I play 442 tiki-taka and it somehow has worked.

On winged feet, only the light will feel the wind.
Blog: [Blog] Is It Really a Wickham Wonderland?

FM21 on 11:09 - Nov 16 with 4593 viewsBiGDonnie

FM21 on 09:57 - Nov 16 by Priskinftw

It's taken me 4 seasons to get Ipswich to the premier league, i have 3 current Ipswich players starting for me which are Woolfenden, Downes and Lankester although the latter is more of a sub for me now due to a striker upgrade. Both seasons in the championship i was joint favourites to go down, finished 7th then 5th and won in the PO final.

Current team is;

Marek Rodak/Lee Nicholls
Neco Williams
Luke Woolfenden
Sam Hughes
Marko Havojic
Karamoko Dembele/Jack Clarke
Rory Mcrorie/Flynn Downes
Sarpreet Singh/Josh Onomah
Keannan Bennetts/Ladislav Krejci
Adam Hlouzek/Jack Lankester
Niall Ennis/Matteo Pellegrino

I play 442 tiki-taka and it somehow has worked.

Glad this threads still going.

First ever save won League 1 with 113 points. Domination.

Championship first season, top with 108 points. Domination.

Currently 7th after 10 prem games.

Dozzell, Lankester, Downes & Woolf are all good enough with the right development for the prem. Lankester is an absolute goal machine (as is Jackson) and is worth £20m.

Had no injuries in the first two seasons bluer now I’m being absolutely ravaged in the prem.

Best signings are...
Jack Simpson from Bournemouth. First season £600k lcb.
Perry NG from Crewe. First season £300k rcb.
Hourihane. £3.6m third season.
Louie Sibley from derby. £20m third season.
Rhian Brewster. £20m third season.

The youth academy and training facilities are at great and the junior coaching and youth recruitment are both now exceptional. I’ve had a few quality youngsters through, one a 6’5 centre midfielder similar to Dozzell. Also had a ‘Glynn Downes’ no relation and a ‘Hugo Bramble’ who is similar in style to the legendary Titus.

COYBs

FM21 on 11:18 - Nov 16 with 4581 viewsKieran_Knows

Not sure why, but I can never be Town on football manager. Just doesn't feel right.

I downloaded the Beta, but probably won't start until the full game is released. First save will be PSV.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

FM21 on 11:32 - Nov 16 with 4565 viewsportmanking

FM21 on 11:18 - Nov 16 by Kieran_Knows

Not sure why, but I can never be Town on football manager. Just doesn't feel right.

I downloaded the Beta, but probably won't start until the full game is released. First save will be PSV.

I'm exactly the same. For some weird reason it feels too easy to be Town on FM, knowing everything about the club. I prefer managing obscure teams and learning about the players etc. Each to their own, of course!
FM21 on 11:37 - Nov 16 with 4555 viewsitfcjoe

I haven't had a proper start on it yet, I really need to upgrade my laptop but just can't at the moment

FM21 on 11:42 - Nov 16 with 4543 viewsKieran_Knows

FM21 on 11:32 - Nov 16 by portmanking

I'm exactly the same. For some weird reason it feels too easy to be Town on FM, knowing everything about the club. I prefer managing obscure teams and learning about the players etc. Each to their own, of course!

I'd say I'm similar. I feel my personal opinion of players gets in the way! I remember one of the FM's from a few years ago where Priskin was an absolute goal machine. But because I never really rated him, I sold him, then struggled for goals!

My aim is usually to be teams from lesser European nations, like Holland, Switzerland, Austria and try and make them teams (and the leagues), the best in the world. Also try and be teams from places I've visited, which also ties in with the above (Luzern in Switzerland, Austria Vienna from Austria to name a couple).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

FM21 on 11:45 - Nov 16 with 4537 viewsHullblue

FM21 on 11:09 - Nov 16 by BiGDonnie

Glad this threads still going.

First ever save won League 1 with 113 points. Domination.

Championship first season, top with 108 points. Domination.

Currently 7th after 10 prem games.

Dozzell, Lankester, Downes & Woolf are all good enough with the right development for the prem. Lankester is an absolute goal machine (as is Jackson) and is worth £20m.

Had no injuries in the first two seasons bluer now I’m being absolutely ravaged in the prem.

Best signings are...
Jack Simpson from Bournemouth. First season £600k lcb.
Perry NG from Crewe. First season £300k rcb.
Hourihane. £3.6m third season.
Louie Sibley from derby. £20m third season.
Rhian Brewster. £20m third season.

The youth academy and training facilities are at great and the junior coaching and youth recruitment are both now exceptional. I’ve had a few quality youngsters through, one a 6’5 centre midfielder similar to Dozzell. Also had a ‘Glynn Downes’ no relation and a ‘Hugo Bramble’ who is similar in style to the legendary Titus.

How did you do that second season?!

My first season was very similar to yours - think I got like 105 points. Second season I'm 10th at the moment and January's just about to end. Hoping to sneak into the playoffs.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024