Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... 17:38 - Nov 12 with 792 viewsCokeIsKey

https://www.change.org/p/aston-villa-football-club-remove-paul-lambert

"We as fans of the club, have endured three seasons of shame under Paul Lambert. His tactics and team choice constantly leave fans bemused and the current run of form is not befitting for a team of our history. The crop of players we currently have in the squad are capable of so much more than we are seeing, we can't score goals and our passing from side to side, back and forth is not helping us to overcome this. We as fans believe that things will never improve under Lambert, and are therefore calling for action."

And the most shocking part? This was written about his time at Villa 6 years ago and not us currently. Reading the description at first I was totally shocked to see Villa - it's almost identical to some of the things you see posted here.

Evidently Lambert's playing out from the back, possession football hasn't worked for the last 8 years, and anyone who still thinks that he is going to miraculously turn us into a good attacking side is just deluded. It's not worked at his previous 4 clubs so why would it work for us now?

Evans has to jump the gun now and sack him or we will see our club decline into whole new depths - with all our players being out of contract at the end of this season think mid-lower table next season.

P.S: His treatment of Phil has been unacceptable, think we need to start a petition to get justice for Phil if it's true that he was banned from the press for the actions of others on here that he isn't responsible for.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:48]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:43 - Nov 12 with 756 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I wonder if their forum was ever censored by the club...

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:49 - Nov 12 with 725 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could have been written about any manger by fans who are unhappy with their manger. Including us under Mick in his last two years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:53 - Nov 12 with 716 viewsEireannach_gorm

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:49 - Nov 12 by GlasgowBlue

Could have been written about any manger by fans who are unhappy with their manger. Including us under Mick in his last two years.

No passing around the back with Micks teams!
Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:55 - Nov 12 with 717 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think there will be a lot of confusion from the support when PR Paul goes, a new manager comes in and nothing changes. It's almost like we keep changing managers but the same things keep happening that take the club further and further down anyway, you know, almost like someone else is entirely responsible for the mess we are now in....

No amount of managerial changes can make up for the total incompetence of the owner at this club. We'll still have a second tier Academy, we'll still sign rubbish from leagues below and rely on loans, we'll still deliberately go out of cups to save ourselves work and we'll still attract the types of footballers who will get injured and won't be up to the standard needed to get promoted. This is a Evans thing, not a Lambert thing.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 18:00 - Nov 12 with 696 viewsWD19

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:55 - Nov 12 by TieDyedIn95

I think there will be a lot of confusion from the support when PR Paul goes, a new manager comes in and nothing changes. It's almost like we keep changing managers but the same things keep happening that take the club further and further down anyway, you know, almost like someone else is entirely responsible for the mess we are now in....

No amount of managerial changes can make up for the total incompetence of the owner at this club. We'll still have a second tier Academy, we'll still sign rubbish from leagues below and rely on loans, we'll still deliberately go out of cups to save ourselves work and we'll still attract the types of footballers who will get injured and won't be up to the standard needed to get promoted. This is a Evans thing, not a Lambert thing.

Nice try Paul, but unfortunately this one is on you.
Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 693 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know they hate him as my family on my old man's side are all Villa supporters. And this was when he was still with them remember. The thing that seems to really pee them off is the mess he left them in, ultimately leading to their relegation and need to regroup.

I don't know whether that's too harsh though - as Glassers says, it's not uncommon to see fans respond like this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 18:04 - Nov 12 with 686 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:53 - Nov 12 by Eireannach_gorm

No passing around the back with Micks teams!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The thing is Paul..... on 18:08 - Nov 12 with 679 viewsBloots

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 17:55 - Nov 12 by TieDyedIn95

....when MIck was in charge, it did "make up for the total incompetence of the owner at this club"

So unlucky.

Up yours.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 20:35 - Nov 12 with 555 viewsBryanPlug

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 18:04 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 20:39 - Nov 12 with 549 viewsStokieBlue

I think it probably was Bluefish who did that one under a synonym.

As he would like to say, Lambert has been living in his head rent free for a long, long time.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Bluefish isn't the first person to make a petition to sack Lambert... on 07:05 - Nov 13 with 451 viewsstewartm

I think Lambert needs to go but I think PL has tidied the squad up a bit comparing to MM days and the total farce of Hurst.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024