Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite podcasts 19:52 - Nov 12 with 1380 viewsOwainG1992

Did a thread earlier regarding peoples preferences for radio stations.
Gave me a few to give a go as I've got bored of Talksport and try run away when the wife puts radio one on.

So onto Podcasts.
Wondered if there are any out there worth giving a go?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Gossipmongers. (n/t) on 19:54 - Nov 12 with 1326 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Favourite podcasts on 20:03 - Nov 12 with 1315 viewsSwansea_Blue

You'll probably hate this (and it's nothing to do with football), but I think these are on another level in terms of the experience of the host and the quality of the conversations.

So my recommendation is Rich Roll ( https://www.richroll.com/all-episodes/). You need to be the sort of naval gazing, how can I be better, live better, be kinder to others and live more in harmony with my environment kind of person. (My Mrs doesn't get it at all).

Coincidently, one of his recent guests was from Ipswich, which is a pretty huge coincidence for a California-based, eco-, sports-, hippy- type of podcast: https://www.richroll.com/podcast/hakim-tafari-557/

PS. This may be right up Callis' & Eire's streets from the vaganism/living in touch with your environment angle, and others like TIB from his travel/exploration, as the guy does all sorts of quirky things in far flung places, e.g. this in Sweden - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/a-brutal-competition-island-to-island-
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 20:33]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Favourite podcasts on 20:12 - Nov 12 with 1306 viewsitfcjoe

I listen to dozens of them - some absolutely brilliant stuff out there, about literally anything you could think of.

What sort of things are you into?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Favourite podcasts on 20:18 - Nov 12 with 1293 viewsSwansea_Blue

Favourite podcasts on 20:12 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

I listen to dozens of them - some absolutely brilliant stuff out there, about literally anything you could think of.

What sort of things are you into?

I'm always a bit behind the times on the use of technology, but they've really taken off haven't they? And killed blogs in the process. With the kit available these days, it's relatively easy for anyone to produce a quality product. It's finding the ones that are really worth watching that's the challenge.

Favourite podcasts on 20:26 - Nov 12 with 1278 viewsIllinoisblue

Desert Island Discs. Still working my way through the archive. Great stuff

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Favourite podcasts on 20:33 - Nov 12 with 1266 viewsitfcjoe

Favourite podcasts on 20:18 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

I'm always a bit behind the times on the use of technology, but they've really taken off haven't they? And killed blogs in the process. With the kit available these days, it's relatively easy for anyone to produce a quality product. It's finding the ones that are really worth watching that's the challenge.

I listen to all mine rather than watch, and there is some amazing stuff out there - just find that too many are going too frequent so you end up struggling to stay on top of them. I need to try and get away or cut down from ones based on current affairs - whether that be news or sport so I can listen to more stories

Favourite podcasts on 20:38 - Nov 12 with 1258 viewsSwansea_Blue

Favourite podcasts on 20:33 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

I listen to all mine rather than watch, and there is some amazing stuff out there - just find that too many are going too frequent so you end up struggling to stay on top of them. I need to try and get away or cut down from ones based on current affairs - whether that be news or sport so I can listen to more stories

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I only listen, but I can't keep on top of that Rich Roll one I mentioned, let alone any others. It's 2-3 episodes a week for the popular ones, often for a couple of hours a time. I can understand that though as they have to monetise it; just dip in and out when we can innit.

You do stuff don't you? Post some links up and we can all have a listen 👍

Favourite podcasts on 20:44 - Nov 12 with 1248 viewsPlums

Depends on what you’re into other than ITFC obviously.
I’ve got into 2nd World War history in the past 18 months and love We Have Ways with Al Murray (yes that one) and James Holland. A cracking listen and big back catalogue.

I’d also recommend The Ratline and Tunnel 29 on the BBC’s Intrigue series, really good listens, about escaping Nazis and Cold War Berlin respectively.

If you like slightly odd comedy, the Beef and Dairy Network is ridiculous - make sure you start at the beginning.

Whatever you’re into, there’ll be some content out there for you.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite podcasts on 20:52 - Nov 12 with 1243 viewsFenoit

Quickly Kevin is my favourite.

I enjoy KOA and BM for town coverage.

Football Ramble and Luke and Pete are also good, though since I've been working from home (no commute) I've not found time to listen to them
Favourite podcasts on 21:05 - Nov 12 with 1236 viewsitfcjoe

Favourite podcasts on 20:38 - Nov 12 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I only listen, but I can't keep on top of that Rich Roll one I mentioned, let alone any others. It's 2-3 episodes a week for the popular ones, often for a couple of hours a time. I can understand that though as they have to monetise it; just dip in and out when we can innit.

You do stuff don't you? Post some links up and we can all have a listen 👍

I do the Blue Monday podcast regularly, am biased but it's a really good ITFC fans podcast with a variety of 'pundits' on there who add something different. Acast link here: https://play.acast.com/s/bluemondaypodcast

As a Welsh resident, you might appreciate the Socially Distant Sports Pod, with Elis James, Mike Bubbins and Steff Guerrero....A big Welsh slant on it but just 3 blokes starting discussions about sport and following them wherever they go.
https://player.fm/series/the-socially-distant-sports-bar

BBC Series which is short and excellent -How They Made Us Doubt Everything - about climate change, smoking, etc

And I'd still say Revisionist History from Malcolm Gladwell is my favourite evr podcast

Favourite podcasts on 21:06 - Nov 12 with 1228 viewsitfcjoe

Favourite podcasts on 20:52 - Nov 12 by Fenoit

Quickly Kevin is my favourite.

I enjoy KOA and BM for town coverage.

Football Ramble and Luke and Pete are also good, though since I've been working from home (no commute) I've not found time to listen to them

Football Ramble going daily hasn't helped me!

Favourite podcasts on 21:08 - Nov 12 with 1226 viewsMelford

I like Planet Porky with Mike Parry and Leslie-Ann Jones. It was a bit painful at first as he started doing them on his own and then it took a bit of time for him to find the right co-presenter but they're well worth a listen now.

We Have Ways Of Making You Talk I is one got into during lockdown if you like WW2 stuff.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Favourite podcasts on 21:14 - Nov 12 with 1211 viewstextbackup

anything but talking town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Favourite podcasts on 21:35 - Nov 12 with 1199 viewsEJP

Sodajerker on songwriting - interviews with pretty much every successful songwriter on how they approach writing an album, song etc. Sometimes they’ll pick an album and go through it track by track with the artist.
Favourite podcasts on 21:36 - Nov 12 with 1196 viewsEJP

Favourite podcasts on 21:14 - Nov 12 by textbackup

anything but talking town

Seconded.
Favourite podcasts on 23:13 - Nov 12 with 1123 viewsBluefish

I'm not quite there with podcasts, it involves too much planning for me.

We should have a twtd podcast though, pick a few of posters at random each week and set them loose with a few topics. Could be absolute gold. Imagine getting drawn with dolly or callis

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Favourite podcasts on 01:30 - Nov 13 with 1096 viewstopshout

Would definitely recommend
"The Skeptics Guide to the Universe" ( https://www.theskepticsguide.org/)
it is a science based podcast which analyses all the latest news and breaks it down into facts and fiction.
Very enjoyable and will change the way you look at life.
Favourite podcasts on 18:58 - Nov 13 with 967 viewsrfretwell

Favourite podcasts on 01:30 - Nov 13 by topshout

it is a science based podcast which analyses all the latest news and breaks it down into facts and fiction.

Thanks Toppers I'll try that. Undr the Cosh is brilliant for great banter between ex pros mainly about their lower division experiences. Mark Crossleys stories about Cloughie are comedy gold.
Favourite podcasts on 00:17 - Nov 14 with 877 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I just listen to the Guardian football weekly, it is excellent and covers lots of leagues.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Favourite podcasts on 08:56 - Nov 14 with 807 viewsStokieBlue

Favourite podcasts on 01:30 - Nov 13 by topshout

Good call, I've been listening to this for many years. They did their 800th episode last week which is pretty impressive for a weekly podcast.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Favourite podcasts on 10:10 - Nov 14 with 771 viewsSharkey

Last Word, the BBC obituaries podcast.
Favourite podcasts on 14:17 - Nov 15 with 701 viewsOwainG1992

Cheers guys some interesting ideas here.
Might be a bit niche but there's a wrestler who does a podcast called Talk is Jericho. (Chris Jericho).

A lot of rock bands, horror film reviews, strange and wonderful things.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024