Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage 20:25 - Nov 15 with 2458 viewsvapour_trail

than Jamie Carragher?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:43 - Nov 15 with 1852 viewsHerbivore

Struggling to think of anyone. Jamie Redknapp is fairly awful but in a less offensive way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 1839 viewsbluelagos

Terry Paine. Used to front the footie coverage along with Ipswich born Gary Bailey for DSTV (Satellite station based in South Africa)

Painful to listen too, utter drivel. Literally used to mention he was in the 66 World Cup squad, every weekend.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:53 - Nov 15 with 1831 viewsGarv

My issue is he talks as if he's commentating, when he's actually co-commentating. He puts on a voice (when his normal one is bad enough) and he doesn't need to. Just talk man.

It annoys me enough when commentators themselves do it. One or two of the ones that do Sky's EFL games are terrible for it. I know Martin Tyler isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like that he doesn't have to change his voice too much when he's narrating the game, so it's natural.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:54 - Nov 15 with 1826 viewsbluelagos

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:48 - Nov 15 by bluelagos

Terry Paine. Used to front the footie coverage along with Ipswich born Gary Bailey for DSTV (Satellite station based in South Africa)

Painful to listen too, utter drivel. Literally used to mention he was in the 66 World Cup squad, every weekend.

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:54 - Nov 15 with 1822 viewsvapour_trail

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:43 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

Struggling to think of anyone. Jamie Redknapp is fairly awful but in a less offensive way.

Yeah he’s a wrong‘un and all. He’s just very very dense though.

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:56 - Nov 15 with 1817 viewsvapour_trail

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:53 - Nov 15 by Garv

My issue is he talks as if he's commentating, when he's actually co-commentating. He puts on a voice (when his normal one is bad enough) and he doesn't need to. Just talk man.

It annoys me enough when commentators themselves do it. One or two of the ones that do Sky's EFL games are terrible for it. I know Martin Tyler isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like that he doesn't have to change his voice too much when he's narrating the game, so it's natural.

I can’t stand Tyler. I’m going to start thinking of people I do like.

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:03 - Nov 15 with 1792 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:56 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Roy Keane?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:06 - Nov 15 with 1780 viewshoppy

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:56 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Jonathan Pearce?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:10 - Nov 15 with 1764 viewsKeaneish

There sure is, his name is Chris Sutton.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:10 - Nov 15 with 1760 viewsvapour_trail

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:10 - Nov 15 by Keaneish

There sure is, his name is Chris Sutton.

Is he on the telly?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:59 - Nov 15 with 1683 viewsKeaneish

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 21:10 - Nov 15 by vapour_trail

Is he on the telly?

BT Sport and some other punditry, unfortunately. He went off at the deep end about Celtic’s recent European capitulation last week.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:02 - Nov 15 with 1675 viewsLeoMuff

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:54 - Nov 15 by bluelagos

Dear lord, how did he get a job in TV, surely the only applicant for that gig, absolutely terrible

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:03 - Nov 15 with 1673 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Yeah. Most others.
Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:05 - Nov 15 with 1669 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Robbie Savage and Owen Hargreaves can be thrown in there as well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:12 - Nov 15 with 1660 viewsBramidan

I have to turn the sound off, I can't stand his whinging scouse accent.
Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:16 - Nov 15 with 1657 viewsbournemouthblue

Who's that ex-Forest player who used to be an absolute knob on the football league coverage?

He mentions that he played for Brian Clough every single match

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:24 - Nov 15 with 1648 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Never liked Andy Townsend myself. Loved the moment he got under Teddy Sherringham's skin who turned round and said "that's a bit rich coming from a plastic paddy like you!"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:37 - Nov 15 with 1640 viewsJ2BLUE

Danny Murphy as a commentator is the worst with his Mark Lawrenson tribute act.

Edit: oh and the EFL commentators. They are awful. Literally say the same crap every game.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 22:42]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 23:30 - Nov 15 with 1569 viewsIllinoisblue

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:24 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Never liked Andy Townsend myself. Loved the moment he got under Teddy Sherringham's skin who turned round and said "that's a bit rich coming from a plastic paddy like you!"

We have to suffer Townsend on the coverage over here. He’s terrible. States the obvious and takes too long to say it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 23:47 - Nov 15 with 1551 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 23:30 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

We have to suffer Townsend on the coverage over here. He’s terrible. States the obvious and takes too long to say it.

Shearer is another one for that. His analysis of goals is always something special. "He passes to him, he passes it back. He passes it to him. He shoots, and it's a goal". YES ALAN, WE'RE WATCHING THE SAME CLIP.

His recent BBC website analysis of the season so far was Southampton and Everton deserve to be top but they won't win the title. Cutting edge stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 06:07 - Nov 16 with 1454 viewsHARRY10

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 20:54 - Nov 15 by bluelagos

That is dreadful - it is obvious that he is reading from an autocue

A fast Show character - Telly Paine-Intheyarz
Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 08:15 - Nov 16 with 1360 viewsGeoffSentence

Richard Keys and Andy Gray?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 08:43 - Nov 16 with 1330 viewsbluelagos

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:02 - Nov 15 by LeoMuff

Dear lord, how did he get a job in TV, surely the only applicant for that gig, absolutely terrible

Indeed. I know I had lots of privilidges living/working in Nigeria, but listening to that bloke every weekend wasn't one of them.

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 09:32 - Nov 16 with 1288 viewsSeablu

Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 22:16 - Nov 15 by bournemouthblue

Who's that ex-Forest player who used to be an absolute knob on the football league coverage?

He mentions that he played for Brian Clough every single match

Gary Birtles.
Is there anybody less palatable in tv football coverage on 09:36 - Nov 16 with 1281 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ashley Cole. Painful. The guy can hardly string a sentence together.

Mark Lawrenson was/is awful too. The most depressing bloke ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024