Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell inquiry latest 23:50 - Nov 16 with 1933 viewsClapham_Junction

Some pretty shocking testimony today in the inquiry: "Celotex manager told to 'lie for commercial gain' over safety test of insulation sold for use on Grenfell"

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/celotex-manager-told-to-lie-for-commercial-

Can't see this ending well for the firm.
Grenfell inquiry latest on 10:47 - Nov 17 with 1731 viewsPendejo

All of the contractors refused to participate unless granted immunity, that should have been the first indicator they knew they'd (collectively) gambled with lives through lack of experience, lack of care etc. But this fella actually fiddled figures, if this is not a crime worthy of a prison sentence that reflects that it cost 72 people their lives, injured 70 more and will have long term psychological issues for years to come.

They should all be moved to South Georgia now, for their own safety, and leave em there

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:26 - Nov 17 with 1683 viewsmonytowbray

Ipswich based business too, not that I’d encourage anyone locally to make their point loud and proud at their location through forms of civil disobedience.

Just planting seeds...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:26 - Nov 17 with 1691 viewsTrequartista

It is appalling also that news websites have relegated this news well below their main headlines. The bbc think that some comments about devolution in a zoom meeting by Boris Johnson and the aftermath of an election in another country where nothing has happened for days are more important.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:28 - Nov 17 with 1671 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:26 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

Ipswich based business too, not that I’d encourage anyone locally to make their point loud and proud at their location through forms of civil disobedience.

Just planting seeds...

Hadleigh residents will be delighted to know they now live in Ipswich

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:49 - Nov 17 with 1646 viewsEdwardStone

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:28 - Nov 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Apparently the offices of Celotex were alive with the sound of shredders 24 hours a day for a couple of weeks after the disaster

Routine management of documents, they said
Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:51 - Nov 17 with 1637 viewsmonytowbray

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:28 - Nov 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Borders are for losers and fascists. We are one planet.

TWTD never forgets…

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:55 - Nov 17 with 1621 viewsmonytowbray

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:49 - Nov 17 by EdwardStone

Apparently the offices of Celotex were alive with the sound of shredders 24 hours a day for a couple of weeks after the disaster

Routine management of documents, they said

Is that true?! Link?

The whole Grenfell thing has been a gross coverup of human neglect for financial gain from start to present.

But it was the firefighters fault for following their own guidelines in an event that wasn’t factored in as safety regulations were lobbed out the window by the building contractors.

And it was the resident’s fault for not being clever enough to ignore the advice of the professionals who are trained to save their lives.

Gonna say it again but it you voted Tory you have blood on your hands and if you voted for
them post-Grenfell you may as well bathe in said blood.

TWTD never forgets…

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:01 - Nov 17 with 1607 viewswoiii

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:51 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

Borders are for losers and fascists. We are one planet.

Hmm.... are you saying, for example, that Cecil Rhodes had legitimacy over Zimbabwe (or Zambesia) ?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 12:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:02 - Nov 17 with 1605 viewswoiii

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:55 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

Is that true?! Link?

The whole Grenfell thing has been a gross coverup of human neglect for financial gain from start to present.

But it was the firefighters fault for following their own guidelines in an event that wasn’t factored in as safety regulations were lobbed out the window by the building contractors.

And it was the resident’s fault for not being clever enough to ignore the advice of the professionals who are trained to save their lives.

Gonna say it again but it you voted Tory you have blood on your hands and if you voted for

I doubt it. Who uses paper these days?
Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:06 - Nov 17 with 1587 viewsmonytowbray

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:01 - Nov 17 by woiii

Hmm.... are you saying, for example, that Cecil Rhodes had legitimacy over Zimbabwe (or Zambesia) ?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 12:02]

No, and how you got that idea from what I said is impressive.

TWTD never forgets…

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:12 - Nov 17 with 1567 viewswoiii

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:06 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

No, and how you got that idea from what I said is impressive.

You're not against people settling in other areas of the world, so I wondered at what point you think borders and the will of indigenous peoples should be respected? Is the answer never and, if so, should everything be a total free-for-all?
Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:44 - Nov 17 with 1511 viewsDarth_Koont

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:12 - Nov 17 by woiii

You're not against people settling in other areas of the world, so I wondered at what point you think borders and the will of indigenous peoples should be respected? Is the answer never and, if so, should everything be a total free-for-all?

Indigenous people isn’t a very relevant term nowadays.

There are some specific examples re: previously low-populated areas being colonized and thousands of years of culture threatened or wiped out e.g. Aborigines, Native Americans, Amazonian tribes etc.

But really we should just be talking about citizens in most countries. And universal human rights to cover the gaps.

Pronouns: He/Him

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:48 - Nov 17 with 1503 viewsGlasgowBlue

One of my daughters has just been evacuated from her accommodation at the West of London University after they just found the same issues as Grenfell.

Students who have been there for some time say that the scaffolding has been around the building for a few years and they’ve know about this issue for a long time now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Grenfell inquiry latest on 13:03 - Nov 17 with 1441 viewssolomon

Grenfell inquiry latest on 11:55 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

Is that true?! Link?

The thing to remember here it’s not just one thing that went wrong, as with all disasters several different factors have an impact that amplify the outcome.
Grenfell inquiry latest on 13:07 - Nov 17 with 1430 viewsmonytowbray

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:12 - Nov 17 by woiii

I mean, the second sentence baffles me, where on earth have I suggested that? Have you been taking social media lessons off Charlie Kirk?!

I believe humans can live in harmony with each other and the planet. Dragging up "So you support Fascism?" seems to miss that point entiely.

TWTD never forgets…

Grenfell inquiry latest on 13:08 - Nov 17 with 1426 viewsmonytowbray

Grenfell inquiry latest on 13:03 - Nov 17 by solomon

The thing to remember here it’s not just one thing that went wrong, as with all disasters several different factors have an impact that amplify the outcome.

it wasn't one thing indeed, but the money and partnerships flowing into cover ups of the issues is preventing us from getting genuine answers and accountability across the board.

TWTD never forgets…

Grenfell inquiry latest on 13:27 - Nov 17 with 1394 viewsPlums

Grenfell inquiry latest on 12:44 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

Indigenous people isn’t a very relevant term nowadays.

There are some specific examples re: previously low-populated areas being colonized and thousands of years of culture threatened or wiped out e.g. Aborigines, Native Americans, Amazonian tribes etc.

But really we should just be talking about citizens in most countries. And universal human rights to cover the gaps.

I’ve just finished reading East West Street by Phillips Sands. A fascinating and tragic read. It covers the birth of human rights legislation and throws up some of the challenges faced when trying to apply it in practice after the failure of the Minority Treaties in the 30’s. Well worth a read if of interest.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024